Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    moho wrote:
    Hahahaha! yeah but I've seen both live now through no fault of mine and believe me, paddy casey had more energy than linkin park... So linkin park must me bad!

I've never seen LP live, so... :)
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    I've never seen LP live, so... :)

.....So hopefully you wont in Copenhagen!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'd rather listen to LP over Paddy Casey :o

I'm still not over that little Paddy Casey incident in Dublin :o

Give the guy a break. He was clearly playing to a very biased crowd who had made up their minds before he came onstage. He was a last minute support act, and he was ok. At least he had a sense of humour about the whole thing!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Give the guy a break. He was clearly playing to a very biased crowd who had made up their minds before he came onstage. He was a last minute support act, and he was ok. At least he had a sense of humour about the whole thing!

Exactly! And despite my pre-pejudice he was fine!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    moho wrote:
    Exactly! And despite my pre-pejudice he was fine!
    never heard of the guy before Dublin.
    in Dublin I only heard bad things beforehand...and whilst not exciting, at least he was joking and communicating.

though I've since heard that he apparently hates PJ .. in light of which the good humour sounds far more like piss taking at us....but at least I didn't mind on teh day...though I can remember nothing of the music.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    never heard of the guy before Dublin.
    in Dublin I only heard bad things beforehand...and whilst not exciting, at least he was joking and communicating.

though I've since heard that he apparently hates PJ .. in light of which the good humour sounds far more like piss taking at us....but at least I didn't mind on teh day...though I can remember nothing of the music.

Well at least he wont be there in copenhagen eh?
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I agree. While he's not someone I'd bother to go and see, I've certainly seen a lot worse than him. The crowd also warmed to him towards the end so I think he did a good job considering the circumstances.

For all the shows I'd rather there was no support at all :o considering the range of support acts they have... the crowd don't want to see anybody else and we don't need warming up :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Now that The Police is reunited, i wonder if i could get two of my dreams of a lifetime fullfilled ;) (at least it would be possible now, as the hell's frozen over). Or, The Who wouldn't be that bad either... :D
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Now that The Police is reunited, i wonder if i could get two of my dreams of a lifetime fullfilled ;) (at least it would be possible now, as the hell's frozen over). Or, The Who wouldn't be that bad either... :D

The Who are playing the Roskilde Festival two days later, so I doubt they'll open. I'm still hoping for Incubus.
    Has anybody heard the slightest bit of news of who's opening? Maybe just a little whisper in the wind? A tiny nod from a birdie? Anybody?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Come on!! Somebody must have heard something!?

And bump btw.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Nope.... I think the official Pearl Jam announcement of who is supporting them will be the first news we will get.
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Maybe it´s just a whole night of pearl jam with a touching 1 hour finishing acoustic set
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:
    Maybe it´s just a whole night of pearl jam with a touching 1 hour finishing acoustic set

Thats what i would love!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Nope.... I think the official Pearl Jam announcement of who is supporting them will be the first news we will get.

The Who??!! WOW!! ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Byrnzie wrote:

Great !!!
    I can't wait until that date !!!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

Bet the posterfreaks would love to get their hands on that one!
    The coolest wallpaper ever!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    guys i'll post this here...

I've got a spare 10C Copenhagen, i'd like to trade it with a 10C Dusseldorf... please PM me if you can halp me! thanx!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    Danish music paper Gaffa mentioned on their hp that Queens of the stone age are planing on playing several shows in Denmark this summer incl Roskilde - lets hope for a show suporting Pearl Jam. It would be the best rockshow ever.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    R&#246 wrote: »
    Danish music paper Gaffa mentioned on their hp that Queens of the stone age are planing on playing several shows in Denmark this summer incl Roskilde - lets hope for a show suporting Pearl Jam. It would be the best rockshow ever.

That's exactly what I was thinking, when I read that. It would be one helluva show! I saw them the last time they played Roskilde and it was awesome. They had total control of the crowd and it was just pure rock n' roll energy!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    hi guys, i hope this is the right thread to ask this... i'm flying from Dublin to Malmo, and i need to know about transport from Malmo airport to Copenhagen city centre and back... can you help me?
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    Hi Danleri,

The airport is about 30 km outside Malmø and it takes about 45 minuntes by public tranport to Malmø.

link to airport:
    http://www.lfv.se/templates/LFV_AirportMap____16036.aspx

From Malmø take the train to Copenhagen. It is about 10-15 eur for a oneway ticket.

You should not have any troubles at all.
  • Options
    vangse wrote:
    Hi Danleri,

The airport is about 30 km outside Malmø and it takes about 45 minuntes by public tranport to Malmø.

link to airport:
    http://www.lfv.se/templates/LFV_AirportMap____16036.aspx

From Malmø take the train to Copenhagen. It is about 10-15 eur for a oneway ticket.

You should not have any troubles at all.

cool! more or less what i've been reading around... i was hoping 4 a direct bus from Malmo airport to Copenhagen city centre, but whatever...
    thank you very much!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Actually, are there any other nice and exciting places to visit around the general Denmark area? I've a good bit of wandering to do between London and Copenhagen shows and I'm looking for ideas!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Actually, are there any other nice and exciting places to visit around the general Denmark area? I've a good bit of wandering to do between London and Copenhagen shows and I'm looking for ideas!

here's a nice website about copenhagen and neighbours...

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/
  • Options
    Sonic Youth - sounds great!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    cool! more or less what i've been reading around... i was hoping 4 a direct bus from Malmo airport to Copenhagen city centre, but whatever...
    thank you very much!

There is a direct bus beacuse i have to get it too! hahaha we're flying home from malmo to dublin and im sure there is a direct bus.

here ya go! http://www.graahundbus.dk/index737.htm
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    There is a direct bus beacuse i have to get it too! hahaha we're flying home from malmo to dublin and im sure there is a direct bus.

here ya go! http://www.graahundbus.dk/index737.htm

hey man i'll see you on the plane then! :D
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 787
    Röeghmann wrote:

now that would be good! but i reckon the queens are probably a good headline act themselves - would they support pj?
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    belfast1 wrote:
    but i reckon the queens are probably a good headline act themselves - would they support pj?

Why not ?
    If PJ suppots U2, why wouldn't queens of teh stone age support PJ... :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm