Options

Eddie Vedder tix auctions benefiting West Memphis Three

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,861
    pjtaper wrote:
    "those" is a general term... I hope you mean the people who actually committed a crime.
    "those"....was refering to Damien.... Jessie....and Jason....

the three murdering pieces of human garbage that you want to set free from prison....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    my2hands wrote:
    really? i had not heard of this... i assume you mean the guys from camden 2006...

Yep, one of the three guys who was released was arrested first for allegedly beating and choking his girlfriend a couple months after the Camden show and then he was arrested again in November of that year for criminal solicitation and conspiracy when he and his brother were offering a $1,000 to make a woman whom he had a history with "disappear."
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Solat13 wrote:
    Yep, one of the three guys who was released was arrested first for allegedly beating and choking his girlfriend a couple months after the Camden show and then he was arrested again in November of that year for criminal solicitation and conspiracy when he and his brother were offering a $1,000 to make a woman whom he had a history with "disappear."
    hai my2hands... we meeting up at the gorge
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    oh where or where can the convicts be.....

there in camden singing with EDDIE...
  • Options
    I think Mike Vick should serve the rest of their time.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pjtaper wrote:
    hai my2hands... we meeting up at the gorge

you coming east at all?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    "those"....was refering to Damien.... Jessie....and Jason....

the three murdering pieces of human garbage that you want to set free from prison....

you do understand that mistakes are made and that people are wrongly convicted sometimes?
  • Options
    no mistakes are ever made, people that are convicted are always guilty. and those that are set free are always innocent, just like OJ.
    MSG hopefully, depending on how the 10C sales go!
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    you do understand that mistakes are made and that people are wrongly convicted sometimes?
    yep....

i also understand that Damien Echols is a piece of human garbage who prior to his conviction of murder....

also spent plenty of time in mental institutions....once threatened to kill police officers..
    was arrested for threatening to kill his parents......
    once threatened to kill and eat his father.....

sounds like just the fucking guy i want to support.....and send money to...

gimme a fucking break......
  • Options
    better them than Conor, eh?
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    better them than Conor, eh?
    if Damien Echols sounds like the kind of guy you want to support....

then go right the fuck ahead and send him a check....

i choose not to send my money to help defend convicted murderers.............
  • Options
    Yeah, hopefully Damien gets released before I have children, I'm going to need a sitter when PJ tours!
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    Every time i read/hear about this case I am on the verge of tears. Every day these 3 men spend behind bars is a tragedy. Just think that everyday passes while you are at work, enjoying family, going to PJ concerts, parties, etc, etc. these men are behind bars and have been denied a life of their own. I wrote a research paper on this case a couple years ago and it has to be the worst rush to judgment imaginable. Too sad that the best years of their lives have been spent in jail. Keep fighting guys.
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    It will be a really great day when Damien, Jason, and Jesse can join Ed on stage at a PJ show. I hope I am in attendance to cheer my ass off.
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    I have to play the Devil's advocate here.

What if the DNA evidence proves they did, in fact, commit the crime? Let me say this; I've seen the HBO specials and all that stuff, I know our justice system isn't perfect, and I'm reasonably sure that these guys didn't do it. BUT...what are the repercussions of this if it turns out they really are guilty. People like Eddie have been supporting their cause for years. How are people going to react if it turns out that Eddie Vedder has been supporting child killers? I try not to think about it, but it's hard not to. And it's not just Eddie. A lot of people have gone to bat for these guys over the years. I don't know, the whole thing makes me feel uneasy. I mean, if these guys turn out to be guilty, everybody that has been to a PJ show or bought an album will have contributed(indirectly) to the defense of child killers.
  • Options
    Stryker420 wrote:
    I have to play the Devil's advocate here.

What if the DNA evidence proves they did, in fact, commit the crime? Let me say this; I've seen the HBO specials and all that stuff, I know our justice system isn't perfect, and I'm reasonably sure that these guys didn't do it. BUT...what are the repercussions of this if it turns out they really are guilty. People like Eddie have been supporting their cause for years. How are people going to react if it turns out that Eddie Vedder has been supporting child killers? I try not to think about it, but it's hard not to. And it's not just Eddie. A lot of people have gone to bat for these guys over the years. I don't know, the whole thing makes me feel uneasy. I mean, if these guys turn out to be guilty, everybody that has been to a PJ show or bought an album will have contributed(indirectly) to the defense of child killers.
    go do some research on Damien Echols...if you havent already....

and find out what a swell guy he was prior to being convicted of murder...

he is a despicable piece of human garbage...

i wouldnt support these 3 child murderers any more than i would support charles manson....
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    go do some research on Damien Echols...if you havent already....

and find out what a swell guy he was prior to being convicted of murder...

he is a despicable piece of human garbage...

i wouldnt support these 3 child murderers any more than i would support charles manson....

Well, if you had read my post, that was kind of my whole point. I mean, like I said, based on what I've read, my opinion is that chances are they are not guilty. But what if they are? Then all of us Jam fans will have been supporting the defense of child murderers. And I know, at least for me, that sure as hell doesn't sit right.
  • Options
    Stryker420 wrote:
    Well, if you had read my post, that was kind of my whole point. I mean, like I said, based on what I've read, my opinion is that chances are they are not guilty. But what if they are? Then all of us Jam fans will have been supporting the defense of child murderers. And I know, at least for me, that sure as hell doesn't sit right.
    i read your post...and i understood it just fine..

what i am saying is....that prior to being convicted of murder...damien echols was...

put into mental institutions on more than one occasion....

threatened to kill his parents....
    threatened to kill police officers....
    threatened to kill and eat his father...

THESE ARE FACTS.....

why given this guys history.....would Eddie Vedder even THINK of supporting him?????
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Sea wrote:
    bid now:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1197361&tab=mtou

all seats are 2nd row

note: Santa Barbara auction begins Friday 2/29 and includes front row seats.

Proceeds from auction packages will support legal defense efforts for
    the West Memphis Three via the Damien Echols Legal Defense Fund. Damien
    Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jesse Miskelley (the WM3) have been in prison for
    12 years for a crime they didn't commit. After years of waiting for the
    chance to demonstrate their innocence, the West Memphis Three will finally
    have hearings this Spring to introduce new DNA evidence proving they could
    not have committed the crimes for which they were convicted. More info at:
    http://www.wm3.org

you gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything. good on ya ev.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    VMGACg wrote:
    It will be a really great day when Damien, Jason, and Jesse can join Ed on stage at a PJ show. I hope I am in attendance to cheer my ass off.
    ugh. i'm a fan of pearl jam, not a disciple of Eddie Vedder. i won't be cheering. take them to your house Ed, to have dinner and hang out with your wife and child, parade them around in front of them if that's your wish. that's your choice. don't force them on others though.

look at echols past. i don't give a rats about if he is guilty or not guilty as part of the wm3. his proven evil past is enough to tell me he is someone i never wanna be in the same room as. ever.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    ugh. i'm a fan of pearl jam, not a disciple of Eddie Vedder. i won't be cheering. take them to your house Ed, to have dinner and hang out with your wife and child, parade them around in front of them if that's your wish. that's your choice. don't force them on others though.

look at echols past. i don't give a rats about if he is guilty or not guilty as part of the wm3. his proven evil past is enough to tell me he is someone i never wanna be in the same room as. ever.

That is exactly Speedy's point. Of all the people in jail that could be wrongly prosecuted - why support these dickheads? Because they like rock music? Seriously.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    That is exactly Speedy's point. Of all the people in jail that could be wrongly prosecuted - why support these dickheads? Because they like rock music? Seriously.
    of all the charities on the planet that Mr.Vedder could ask his fans to support...

he chooses to ask for money for 3 convicted murderers????

and i guarantee 90% of the "entertainment industry" who are supporting these assholes.....have no clue to the background of Damien Echols....
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    of all the charities on the planet that Mr.Vedder could ask his fans to support...

he chooses to ask for money for 3 convicted murderers????

and i guarantee 90% of the "entertainment industry" who are supporting these assholes.....have no clue to the background of Damien Echols....

People support what ever they want!! And Ed has a stage, you want a stage do something people like!!
    You can support these 3 guys or maybe Clinton or maybe Obama? Bottom line let your voice be heard or shut up??
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    People support what ever they want!! And Ed has a stage, you want a stage do something people like!!
    You can support these 3 guys or maybe Clinton or maybe Obama? Bottom line let your voice be heard or shut up??

if mr. vedder wants to support 3 murderers...thats his business...

but when he asks his fans for money to support 3 murderers...

it just seems fucking wrong to me....
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Lizardking wrote:

I thought SPEEDY was letting his voice be heard by posting here. If anything, the board is as close to a stage as most of us will ever get to. And obviously the mods don't mind his voice being heard or they would have closed the thread by now.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    whats you opinion of the west memphis 3??? guilty? innocent???

whats your opinion on Damien Echols??? nice guy?? or a despicable piece of trash???

whats your opinion of jessie.....the guy who confessed to the murder .....

prior to his conviction....

and confessed after his conviction.....
  • Options
    Anyone that doesn't already have their mind made up about this case, my advice is research it and then decide. Please don't decide from the argument between me and speedy. We're too fucking biased to offer anything to someone neutral.
  • Options
    Anyone that doesn't already have their mind made up about this case, my advice is research it and then decide. Please don't decide from the argument between me and speedy. We're too fucking biased to offer anything to someone neutral.
    one thing i get a kick out of...

is when ill read some article on the west memphis 3 child murderers...

and they make the statement..."before his arrest for murder damien echols had only a few minor run ins with the law"

who the fuck are they kidding???

this guy is a sick piece of shit...

who collects full disability because of his mental problems....

why do people try to make this guy out to be some type of fucking angel???
  • Options
    one thing i get a kick out of...

is when ill read some article on the west memphis 3 child murderers...

and they make the statement..."before his arrest for murder damien echols had only a few minor run ins with the law"

who the fuck are they kidding???

this guy is a sick piece of shit...

who collects full disability because of his mental problems....

why do people try to make this guy out to be some type of fucking angel???

I've never seen anyone trying to make angels outta these guys. I've seen people trying to get three guys who a lot of people think got fucked over a new, and fair trial. Just because someone is an asshole doesn't mean they should get fucked over and forgotten about.
  • Options
    do some research on bipolar disorder, damien more than likely suffers from this condition...it BY NO MEANS makes him a bad person. My cousin suffers from this disorder as have one or two students that I have had in my classroom. It absolutely does not qualify him as a bad person, nor does it my cousin and nor does it my former students!