Options

Eddie Vedder tix auctions benefiting West Memphis Three

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,865
    WOW....Only $600, I would have figured this to go much, much higher than that....I would have bid $600, christ I paid $800 for my Wembley tickets for last year........D'oh!
    im thinking......

the 3 convicted murderers would be thrilled to get $600....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    unless you were there when the little kids were getting murdered and saw the faces of the muderers, how can you say for sure if these guys are not guilty. i know a few of you think they aren't guilty just because ed thinks they aren't. that's ridiculous.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Lizard wrote:
    So would it be better for these white people to do NOTHING??? Or should EV and the like go to law school and get their degree to defend the WM3?

By the way, EV, I believe, has done more than just raise "awareness". He has visited at least one of them a couple of times and I would assume helped his wife, etc. so that is a little beyond doing a t-shirt. :)

The only better than raising awareness, is to be a vegan and thus save the environment!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5253450&postcount=54
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    The only better than raising awareness, is to be a vegan and thus save the environment!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5253450&postcount=54
    hey fanch???

did you know that one of those convicts that Mr. Vedder paraded in front of us in PHILLY....

is back in prison.....for attempting to hire someone to commit murder....

NICE!!!!
  • Options
    I rest well at night knowing that part of my ticket dollar went to free that gentleman!
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    hey fanch???

did you know that one of those convicts that Mr. Vedder paraded in front of us in PHILLY....

NICE!!!!

He must be innocent...

I mean Ed had him on stage with a tamborine... :)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    He must be innocent...

I mean Ed had him on stage with a tamborine... :)

what is your opinion of the west memphis 3 child murderers???

guilty or innocent????
  • Options
    what is your opinion of the west memphis 3 child murderers???

guilty or innocent????

Honestly don't know enough about the case to say either way. But sure as hell would do some research before deciding they were innocent because a celebrity said they were (ala Mumia Abu Jamal).
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Honestly don't know enough about the case to say either way. But sure as hell would do some research before deciding they were innocent because a celebrity said they were (ala Mumia Abu Jamal).
    you should do some research on Damien Echols the fucking "mastermind" of these brutal murders....

complete and total fucking weirdo......

and a child murderer....
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    hey fanch???

NICE!!!!

I posted something similar last year on AMT after one of the Philly guys was arrested for beating his female parole officer. It was in the Pittsburgh paper and it mentioned how the guy had performed with BB King and Pearl Jam. I wonder if its the same guy. No one responded on the moving train when I pointed it out.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    I posted something similar last year on AMT after one of the Philly guys was arrested for beating his female parole officer. It was in the Pittsburgh paper and it mentioned how the guy had performed with BB King and Pearl Jam. I wonder if its the same guy. No one responded on the moving train when I pointed it out.
    whats your opinion on the west memphis 3 killers????

guilty or innocent???
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996

guilty or innocent???

I have the same reply as Chrom. Don't know enough about them. Now ask me how I feel about Mumia.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options

guilty or innocent???

there is a lot of paperwork and evidence on the internet...you can read official documents from the case and whatnot...i have done my fair share of research, but my sister is very very very interested and has read books published from both sides and most of the evidence and circumstances point to their innocence.

and to someones post before about why them, I think part of it has to do with the fact that they were teenagers living in a very rural southern town at the time of the murders, all three of them liked hard music at the time and had long hair etc....they were stereotyped as being devil worshippers in their community for what they looked like and the music they listened to. A lot of musicians support their cause and i believe it to be wonderful, I hope the new evidence is thoroughly reviewed and accepted for a new trial.........too bad i'm broke right now:)
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

What is your opinion on post #26?
  • Options
    there is a lot of paperwork and evidence on the internet...you can read official documents from the case and whatnot...i have done my fair share of research, but my sister is very very very interested and has read books published from both sides and most of the evidence and circumstances point to their innocence.

and to someones post before about why them, I think part of it has to do with the fact that they were teenagers living in a very rural southern town at the time of the murders, all three of them liked hard music at the time and had long hair etc....they were stereotyped as being devil worshippers in their community for what they looked like and the music they listened to. A lot of musicians support their cause and i believe it to be wonderful, I hope the new evidence is thoroughly reviewed and accepted for a new trial.........too bad i'm broke right now:)
    just a question....

is it true that damien echols spent plenty of time in mental hospitals????

did he once threaten to kill his parents??
    did he once threaten to kill and eat his father???
    has he been collecting disability from the government because of his mental condition(collecting before the murders )????

or is that all internet nonsense????
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    free mumia.
  • Options
    Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    free mumia.

YES!!! Free Mumia!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Options
    Gen5 wrote:
    YES!!! Free Mumia!!!

Fry Mumia

Fanch- I agree for the most part... at times its the "in" thing to do.

Admin

• Options
    damn slow server

Admin

• Options
    damn slow server #2

Admin

• Options
    Dude, you are passionate!
  • Options
    We are you guys so sure they're guilty? That much faith in the system?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083

Really!!!

Remember that guy Andy Dufresne? He was freaking innocent!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Really!!!

Yea, dude. Real funny.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Lizard wrote:
    Really!!!

So was every guy in jail with him. Ask anyone of them, lawyer screwed them.
  • Options
    well....

i think that Damien Echols guy Mr. Vedder wants freed from prison is a fucking CREEP....and a child murderer...
  • Options
    well....

i think that Damien Echols guy Mr. Vedder wants freed from prison is a fucking CREEP....and a child murderer...

There's been a lot of new evidence very recently that highlights the stepfather as the culprit. Such as a hair tied into the knots that was used to bind the boys. (Which is more hair they got from the three guys convicted) not to mention that new experts testify that the knife marks were animal markings created after the bodies had already been gotten rid of. There's also at least 126 other cases where someone thought someone was a creep and a murder and deserved death that were proved innocent.
  • Options
    There's been a lot of new evidence very recently that highlights the stepfather as the culprit. Such as a hair tied into the knots that was used to bind the boys. (Which is more hair they got from the three guys convicted) not to mention that new experts testify that the knife marks were animal markings created after the bodies had already been gotten rid of. There's also at least 126 other cases where someone thought someone was a creep and a murder and deserved death that were proved innocent.
    so lets talk about that swell guy Damien Echols....

did he spend plenty of time in mental hospitals????
    did he threaten to kill his parents???
    did he threaten to kill and EAT his father???
    does the government consider him disabled because of his mental condition???
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    so lets talk about that swell guy Damien Echols....

did he spend plenty of time in mental hospitals????
    did he threaten to kill his parents???
    did he threaten to kill and EAT his father???
    does the government consider him disabled because of his mental condition???

Does that automatically make him multiple child killer?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Does that automatically make him multiple child killer?
    i dont remember saying that....

i just feel like discussing the background of this swell guy Mr. Vedder wants freed from prison.....