Options

Eddie Vedder tix auctions benefiting West Memphis Three

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,945
edited February 2008 in The Porch
bid now:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1197361&tab=mtou

all seats are 2nd row

note: Santa Barbara auction begins Friday 2/29 and includes front row seats.

Proceeds from auction packages will support legal defense efforts for
the West Memphis Three via the Damien Echols Legal Defense Fund. Damien
Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jesse Miskelley (the WM3) have been in prison for
12 years for a crime they didn't commit. After years of waiting for the
chance to demonstrate their innocence, the West Memphis Three will finally
have hearings this Spring to introduce new DNA evidence proving they could
not have committed the crimes for which they were convicted. More info at:
http://www.wm3.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I hope they raise a ton of money :)

I'm sure the new DNA evidence will make a difference... IT HAS TO!!!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    wow cool
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    I promise if I win the MegaMillion tonight, with $270 million I think I can out bid anyoner else!!! Hell I'll give $500K to carry's Ed case to all show's and sit front center everynight!!! And Maybe drink a shitload of wine with the Man!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    That's cool. The WM3 can use all they can get.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,367
    Awesome!
  • Options
    Very cool!!! :) I have placed a bid...hopefully it will be enough...it's nice to have the money go to a good cause and see Ed too! :)
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wow....

How many would bid on the one where you would chat with Eddie after the show?!!

Can't beat that one... :D

I am really happy to see him doing this to help out!

And I love the idea of mailing out the poster instead of getting it at the show! Purrfect!

Keep us posted on the funding raised from the concerts, including the auction tickets, sea!

I hope folks who got the tickets and get to talk with eV after the show will come here... :D;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Good luck to those that are bidding. :)
  • Options
    i am currently winning the vancouver auction!!! woohoo

200 bucks a ticket for 2nd row center and an auto poster? NO BRAINER!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    can u not just bid on 1 tik? the minimum seems to be 2.
    is this correct?
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    I'm sorry that I'm unable to participate in the auction but I hope it raises lots of money to right the horrible wrongs that have befallen these 3 men. Twelve years of their lives are gone due to a gross system of injustice. The situation needs to be over soon.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,662
    On the seating chart for most of these theaters the rows start w/AA.
    Is row B the actual 2nd row from the stage or ya gonna end up like 8 rows back?
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    good on Ed!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,097
    Good luck to those bidding :)

I hope this makes tonnes and tonnes of money to help the WM3
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Can someone explain to me why the West Memphis 3 get so much attention? I mean I am some-what familiar with their story and I am not trying to make any kind of judgment whether or not they are guilty. But there has to be a ton of people in jail for crimes that they didn't commit so why is so much attention focused on these guys?
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Best of luck to all that are bidding! This really is quite the package. See Ed up close and personal AND donate $ to a great cause. What a sweet deal! I think what Ed has done and continues to do for the WM3 is truly amazing! I cannot praise his efforts enough. :)

BTW~I totally agree Urs. Things are looking more hopeful than ever!! :D And being able to raise even more money and awareness like this just adds to that!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    There goes my tax refund.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    You can't help everyone so I guess Ed chose this one.........
    Can someone explain to me why the West Memphis 3 get so much attention? I mean I am some-what familiar with their story and I am not trying to make any kind of judgment whether or not they are guilty. But there has to be a ton of people in jail for crimes that they didn't commit so why is so much attention focused on these guys?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Wow, the People article has the step-father in it.

JESUS CHRIST, HE'S THE MURDERER! Everyone knows it.

How can they be so stupid?
    Having tasted, a life wasted....

....I'll probably only go back a couple more times.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,196

for sure! :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,615

my auction bid of $600 secured me a pair of tickets for the April 3rd Vancouver concert :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Enjoy the show. You should get a pick or two thrown to you for that donation.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    I went for it too, and won.
    5 bills for SC.
    I've vowed never to pay a scalper for tickets, so this is a good opportunity to get great seats and the money goes to good cause.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/18-awareness/

"Stuff White People Like"

#18 Awareness
    January 23, 2008 by clander

An interesting fact about white people is that they firmly believe that all of the world’s problems can be solved through “awareness.” Meaning the process of making other people aware of problems, and then magically someone else like the government will fix it.

This belief allows them to feel that sweet self-satisfaction without actually having to solve anything or face any difficult challenges. Because, the only challenge of raising awareness is people not being aware. In a worst case scenario, if you fail someone doesn’t know about the problem. End of story.

What makes this even more appealing for white people is that you can raise “awareness” through expensive dinners, parties, marathons, selling t-shirts, fashion shows, concerts, eating at restaurants and bracelets. In other words, white people just have to keep doing stuff they like, EXCEPT now they can feel better about making a difference.

Raising awareness is also awesome because once you raise awareness to an acceptable, aribtrary level, you can just back off and say “Bam! did my part. Now it’s your turn. Fix it.”

So to summarize - you get all the benefits of helping (self satisfaction, telling other people) but no need for difficult decisions or the ensuing criticism (how do you criticize awareness?). Once again, white people find a way to score that sweet double victory.

Popular things to be aware of: The Environment, Diseases like Cancer and AIDS, Africa, Poverty, Anorexia, Homophobia, Midde School Field Hockey/Lacrosse teams, Drug Rehab, and political prisoners.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    So would it be better for these white people to do NOTHING??? Or should EV and the like go to law school and get their degree to defend the WM3?

By the way, EV, I believe, has done more than just raise "awareness". He has visited at least one of them a couple of times and I would assume helped his wife, etc. so that is a little beyond doing a t-shirt. :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,254
    100 Pacer wrote:
    my auction bid of $600 secured me a pair of tickets for the April 3rd Vancouver concert :)

WOW....Only $600, I would have figured this to go much, much higher than that....I would have bid $600, christ I paid $800 for my Wembley tickets for last year........D'oh!
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,097
    fanch75 wrote:

#18 Awareness

An interesting fact about white people is that they firmly believe that all of the world’s problems can be solved through “awareness.” Meaning the process of making other people aware of problems, and then magically someone else like the government will fix it.

This belief allows them to feel that sweet self-satisfaction without actually having to solve anything or face any difficult challenges. Because, the only challenge of raising awareness is people not being aware. In a worst case scenario, if you fail someone doesn’t know about the problem. End of story.

What makes this even more appealing for white people is that you can raise “awareness” through expensive dinners, parties, marathons, selling t-shirts, fashion shows, concerts, eating at restaurants and bracelets. In other words, white people just have to keep doing stuff they like, EXCEPT now they can feel better about making a difference.

Raising awareness is also awesome because once you raise awareness to an acceptable, aribtrary level, you can just back off and say “Bam! did my part. Now it’s your turn. Fix it.”

So to summarize - you get all the benefits of helping (self satisfaction, telling other people) but no need for difficult decisions or the ensuing criticism (how do you criticize awareness?). Once again, white people find a way to score that sweet double victory.

Popular things to be aware of: The Environment, Diseases like Cancer and AIDS, Africa, Poverty, Anorexia, Homophobia, Midde School Field Hockey/Lacrosse teams, Drug Rehab, and political prisoners.

In Damien Echols book he cites Ed as being a true friend and the main reason he can now afford to hire a competent lawyer for his appeal...so I think Ed is doing more that just paying 'lip service' to the cause.

I also think that raising awareness IS important.....if it weren't for Ed talking about the WM3 I would never have heard of them, never read the Devil's Knot or watched the documentaries or sent money myself to the DE Defence Fund, so I say good on Ed for raising awareness about something he believes in :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,863
    fanch75 wrote:

#18 Awareness

cmon fanch....

dont you want to donate money to help this guy????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poLEzt4slKw&feature=related
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,863
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....