Options

Eddie Vedder tix auctions benefiting West Memphis Three

Comments

• Options
    so lets talk about that swell guy Damien Echols....

did he spend plenty of time in mental hospitals????
    did he threaten to kill his parents???
    did he threaten to kill and EAT his father???
    does the government consider him disabled because of his mental condition???

And this equals guilt to you? All that other shit means nothing but this means everything? So even though they don't have ANY evidence linking Echols, or the other two guys to the murder, BUT they do have evidence linking the step fathers...because the guy was mentally unstable he's guilty.
  • Options
    i dont remember saying that....

i just feel like discussing the background of this swell guy Mr. Vedder wants freed from prison.....

So are you arguing that's he's guilty because he's mentally unstable or that he should be locked up because he's mentally unstable?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Speedy doesn't like Echols because Echols is black.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,881
    And this equals guilt to you? All that other shit means nothing but this means everything? So even though they don't have ANY evidence linking Echols, or the other two guys to the murder, BUT they do have evidence linking the step fathers...because the guy was mentally unstable he's guilty.
    all im doing is discussing the background of this swell guy Mr. Vedder thinks should be released form prison.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    all im doing is discussing the background of this swell guy Mr. Vedder thinks should be released form prison.....

It's pretty obvious you don't think he should, which is why I asked the other question. You're making it sound like you think this guy should be locked up not matter what, and him being guilty or not has little affect on that.
  • Options

what isyour evidence speedy that proves him guilty? just curious
    also, he spent a couple months in a hospital...that does not prove anything...
    i have close family members who suffer from mental illnesses, does that make them guilty of something?! other than having to deal with a chemical inbalance?

anyway, the defense fund can definitely use the money that will be raised from the auctions:)
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious you don't think he should, which is why I asked the other question. You're making it sound like you think this guy should be locked up not matter what, and him being guilty or not has little affect on that.
    how many times did jessie misskelley confess to the murders???
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    I think I get what Speedy is saying. The issue he is trying to discuss, from how I see it, he seems to be saying that is even if this guy didn't comit murder he is a guy of shall we say questionable character (which if true why would you want to associate with him, murderer or not). Now I don't know much about this case, but if this is true, it would seem to me that there are probably tons of people in jail for crimes they didn't comit that probably are stand up guys (probably some even on death row), so why is this guy getting all the attention.
  • Options

can you tell me how long they had jessie in interrogation?
    what is his IQ?
    did they record much of the interrogation?
    how much of what he confessed to was actually found in evidence?

you should do research on both sides then make your argument....and i'm not sure what makes damien questionable, i don't find the people i know who suffer from depression and other illnesses questionable....
  • Options
    I think I get what Speedy is saying. The issue he is trying to discuss, from how I see it, he seems to be saying that is even if this guy didn't comit murder he is a guy of shall we say questionable character. Now I don't know much about this case, but if this is true, it would seem to me that there are probably tons of people in jail for crimes they didn't comit that probably are stand up guys (probably some even on death row), so why is this guy getting all the attention.
    thank you....
  • Options
    can you tell me how long they had jessie in interrogation?
    what is his IQ?
    did they record much of the interrogation?
    how much of what he confessed to was actually found in evidence?

you should do research on both sides then make your argument....and i'm not sure what makes damien questionable, i don't find the people i know who suffer from depression and other illnesses questionable....
    I have done plenty of research....

again....how many times did Jessie confess???
  • Options

Are you talking about the misskelley whose IQ labels him as borderlined mentally retarded? The one that was questioned alone for four hours. Four hours in which roughly forty six minutes was actually video taped. The same misskelley who gave a confession filled with errors that had nothing to do with the murders? The same misskelley that a professional on confessions was talking about when he said misskelley's confession was a prime example of a false confession brought on a strong arm police tactics? That sounds like a bullshit confession by a unreliable source. What if misskelley had said that he knew for sure Echol's hadn't had anything to do with it? Would you hold him up as a sure fire, fool proof witness?
  • Options
    I think I get what Speedy is saying. The issue he is trying to discuss, from how I see it, he seems to be saying that is even if this guy didn't comit murder he is a guy of shall we say questionable character (which if true why would you want to associate with him, murderer or not). Now I don't know much about this case, but if this is true, it would seem to me that there are probably tons of people in jail for crimes they didn't comit that probably are stand up guys (probably some even on death row), so why is this guy getting all the attention.

It's not just him. It's two other guys convicted for a crime on very questionable evidence and shitty police tactics. Echols was made out to be the "genius mastermind" at the trial so he became the poster boy for all three of them.
  • Options
    Are you talking about the misskelley whose IQ labels him as borderlined mentally retarded? The one that was questioned alone for four hours. Four hours in which roughly forty six minutes was actually video taped. The same misskelley who gave a confession filled with errors that had nothing to do with the murders? The same misskelley that a professional on confessions was talking about when he said misskelley's confession was a prime example of a false confession brought on a strong on police tactics? That sounds like a bullshit confession by a unreliable source. What if misskelley had said that he knew for sure Echol's hadn't had anything to do with it? Would you hold him up as a sure fire, fool proof witness?
    yes that jessie...

how many times has he confessed to those murders???
  • Options
    is it a fact????

that jessie confessed Twice on tape???
    Once after being convicted???

and also confessed to some jail guards????

or is this false???
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    yes that jessie...

How many times did Ralph Macchio confess in My Cousin Vinny?

"I shot the clerk! I shot the clerk!"
  • Options
    yes that jessie...

It does not matter. If he's giving confessions that are factually incorrect then they don't mean shit. He said he watched the boys get raped. This was before it was known that the boys had in fact, not been raped. It's a confession that isn't a confession, but a defense mechanism used to protect himself and to please those around him. This is painfully obvious and is undeniable.
  • Options
    It does not matter. If he's giving confessions that are factually incorrect then they don't mean shit. He said he watched the boys get raped. This was before it was known that the boys had in fact, not been raped. It's a confession that isn't a confession, but a defense mechanism used to protect himself. And from what I can gather, I've only seen the possibility of two confessions. The original, which is complete, and undeniably unusable, and another to a separate police officer, even though there is no actual evidence of this second confession.
    how many times prior to the murders was damien echols arrested for threatening to kill his parents???
    threatening to kill his girlfriends parents???
    threatening to kill police officers???

and should we start discussing damien echols behavior when he spent time in the mental hospitals????

because that is some really good shit.....hehehehe
  • Options
    how many times prior to the murders was damien echols arrested for threatening to kill his parents???

and should we start discussing damien echols behavior when he spent time in the mental hospitals????

hmmm, he was arrested for threatening to kill his parents?? where did you read that??? i'm only curious as i would like to read it as well since i have never read that before!
    have you ever suffered from depression before, clinically diagnosed?
  • Options

which goes back to a question i asked long ago. Do you want him locked up because he's guilty or because he's mentally unstable?
  • Options
    hmmm, he was arrested for threatening to kill his parents?? where did you read that??? i'm only curious as i would like to read it as well since i have never read that before!
    have you ever suffered from depression before, clinically diagnosed?
    just do a google search on Damien Echols mental health records....

you will find some real fascinating history about this guy Mr. Vedder and other hollwood people want to be set free from prison.....
  • Options
    just do a google search on Damien Echols mental health records....

you will find some real fascinating history about this guy Mr. Vedder and other hollwood people want to be set free from prison.....

how do his mental health records prove that he is guilty of murder??
  • Options
    how do his mental health records prove that he is guilty of murder??

as a matter of fact i never said that......

Did damien echols once tell a therapist that drinking BLOOD gave him "power"????

or is that wrong????
  • Options

Did damien echols once tell a therapist that drinking BLOOD gave him "power"????

or is that wrong????

then i dont see the significance or what you are trying to prove....the aspect of the wm3 defense fund has to do with the murders that these three men were wrongfully convicted of and not damien's mental disability
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,150

or is that wrong????

Hey come on Speedy! .......every crazy fucker deserves a second chance ......as long as when they are out the don't kill some one important to me!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    then i dont see the significance or what you are trying to prove....the aspect of the wm3 defense fund has to do with the murders that these three men were wrongfully convicted of and not damien's mental disability
    im not trying to prove anything...
    i just felt like discussing the background of these fine men .........
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951

I think the point is that a lot of celebrities are embracing this guy like he is their best friend. If they didn't comit murder they should be released, but just because someone didn't comit murder doesn't automatically make them a great guy. There are lots of real bastards out there who have never killed anyone. If that is someones most redeeming quality there might be a problem.
  • Options
    wrong....

the aspect of the wm3 defense fund has to do with the murders that YOU THINK these men were wrongfully convicted of ......

plenty of people feel the wm3 are guilty......
  • Options
    I think the point is that a lot of celebrities are embracing this guy like he is their best friend. If they didn't comit murder they should be released, but just because someone didn't comit murder doesn't automatically make them a great guy.
    Many celebrities need to do their homework.....
  • Options
    Many celebrities need to do their homework.....

Like who? Nobody this entire thread has posted anything at all that refutes the evidence that leads to the conviction of the WM3 being wrongfully convicted. This includes you and your repeated statements about Echols' mental health and your refusal to state how it pertains to the case at hand.