Options

Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    my2hands said:

if I have 1 day in the Hampton/Norfolk/VB area as a traveler that's never been there, what are must see/do things I should consider?

thanks!

My younger brother lives in Norfolk and that's why this is my only spring PJ show, but he said there's not a ton to do except hang out by the beach. Which doesn't sound all that bad coming from a guy living in Wisconsin and having to deal with winter. I'm sure there's more to do that other locals could let us know about. I'm curious as well. Because the last thing I want to do is stand in-line for three hours for a poster or sticker.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,773

my2hands said:

if I have 1 day in the Hampton/Norfolk/VB area as a traveler that's never been there, what are must see/do things I should consider?

thanks!

My younger brother lives in Norfolk and that's why this is my only spring PJ show, but he said there's not a ton to do except hang out by the beach. Which doesn't sound all that bad coming from a guy living in Wisconsin and having to deal with winter. I'm sure there's more to do that other locals could let us know about. I'm curious as well. Because the last thing I want to do is stand in-line for three hours for a poster or sticker.
    Depends on what you're into and the transportation you have. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is only about 20 minutes away and that is a very nice theme park. If you're into history, there's lots to do in Richmond. And of course Yorktown, Colonial Williamsburg and those types of things are very close to Hampton. The beach is of course nice, but in April, it's a bit early. Weather will be hit or miss. There is excellent golf in the Williamsburg area and a huge outlet area for shopping.
    Last, you should check the schedule for the Norva and the National for Sunday night. They are both top notch clubs and draw very good acts. I've seen unbelievable shows there.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    my2hands said:

thanks!

You can visit Fort Monroe, if you are into that kind of stuff. On the same side of the bridge tunnel.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    N_Jay_H said:

my2hands said:

thanks!

You can visit Fort Monroe, if you are into that kind of stuff. On the same side of the bridge tunnel.
    We are definitely into that kind if stuff... I was checking it out earlier... worth the visit?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

my2hands said:

thanks!

Depends on what you're into and the transportation you have. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is only about 20 minutes away and that is a very nice theme park. If you're into history, there's lots to do in Richmond. And of course Yorktown, Colonial Williamsburg and those types of things are very close to Hampton. The beach is of course nice, but in April, it's a bit early. Weather will be hit or miss. There is excellent golf in the Williamsburg area and a huge outlet area for shopping.
    Last, you should check the schedule for the Norva and the National for Sunday night. They are both top notch clubs and draw very good acts. I've seen unbelievable shows there.
    Great info! We will have a car so we can essily get around... the amusement park would be great, but not this trip, ive actually been there years ago... we may not have a full day so I think we'll try to hit fort Monroe, any thoughts on that? Check out any nice parks or quiet beach areas... grab a bite...

Any must try food around the way?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

mrussel1 said:

my2hands said:

thanks!

Great info! We will have a car so we can essily get around... the amusement park would be great, but not this trip, ive actually been there years ago... we may not have a full day so I think we'll try to hit fort Monroe, any thoughts on that? Check out any nice parks or quiet beach areas... grab a bite...

This^

I hear the seafood is amazing!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    I missed the name of the place with the seafood. Long John Silvers?
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    my2hands said:

mrussel1 said:

my2hands said:

thanks!

Downtown Hampton has a few great restaurants: Conch & Bucket, Taphouse (both are right next to each other).

Seafood in VaBeach: Bubba's Seafood, Dockside Restaurant. Both are located in the Chicks Beach area. From there, you could then visit First Landing State Park.
  • Options
    We are driving in from Indiana Sunday morning and staying at the SpringHill Suites on W Queen St. It looks pretty close to the Coliseum.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    N_Jay_H said:

Seafood in VaBeach: Bubba's Seafood, Dockside Restaurant. Both are located in the Chicks Beach area. From there, you could then visit First Landing State Park.

that sounds interesting... something you would strongly advise as an option?

pearl jam and the fans are like my travel agent and tour guides... I love this shit lol

thanks for the help guys, and please feel free to keep the info coming for the other travelers

• Options
    edited February 2016

• Options
    my2hands said:

N_Jay_H said:

that sounds interesting... something you would strongly advise as an option?

pearl jam and the fans are like my travel agent and tour guides... I love this shit lol

thanks for the help guys, and please feel free to keep the info coming for the other travelers

For sure. Used to live a mile away for a couple of years. Frequented those locations often.

And I lived in downtown Hampton for 3 years. Check out the Facebook page for the Taphouse and Conch & Bucket. The owner, Pete, very well might have a band playing in either one of those locations. He's a big music guy.
  • Options
    Bud ColderBud Colder Baltimore Posts: 142
    I was not able to score tickets from 10c so I got 2 in balcony from ticket master off to the left anyone ever sit there for a show ???? Did score 10c philly ga night 1 so that's cool !!!
  • Options
    waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    still on the hunt for extra Hampton GA to get the family all together! let me know. will be there nice and early...no worries about meeting up as we will already be in line! thanks all!
  • Options
    In! Coming from NJ. Thanks for your spare follow club member
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    Hey Hampton

Wanna win several posters from the upcoming tour?

Just buy a poster at the show you attend as your entry fee

Post in link, 23 songs you think will be played at the show you attend

Most correct guesses wins

We pay out several places

And best of all, we donate several posters to operation yellow ribbon to raise money for care packages!!

Get in the pool!!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/250192/2016-tour-poster-pool-to-raise-some-loot-for-operation-yellow-ribbon#latest
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    This is the show of the tour, sick of hearing about Wrigley.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Just realized April 18th is tax day..which means Ed will give us a little " extra" bang for the buck
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,773

Just realized April 18th is tax day..which means Ed will give us a little " extra" bang for the buck

It's not April 15th this year?
  • Options
    nope..moved back to the 18th this year
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

• Options
    my2hands said:

Im sick of hearing about Wrigley because I lost.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    You get three extra days to gather your paperwork and file your federal tax return in 2016. The tax deadline is April 18.

You can thank Washington, D.C., for the gift. Washington will celebrate Emancipation Day on April 15. The day is treated as a federal holiday, so federal offices – read IRS – will be closed.

Emancipation Day typically is celebrated on April 16. It’s the day President Abraham Lincoln signed into law a bill ending slavery in Washington, D.C.

April 16 falls on a Saturday in 2016, so Emancipation Day will be celebrated on April 15.

And Tax Day will be pushed back to April 18.

W.M.A anyone??
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 412
    Tour page now says this show is sold out! This is going to be a great night!
  • Options
    GB281198 said:

As stated earlier in this thread, Virginia is the shit..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025

GB281198 said:

As stated earlier in this thread, Virginia is the shit..
    WORD
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    GB281198 said:

This^
  • Options
    I am sure glad Wrigley and Fenway havent hijacked this thread yet.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    ahhhh Sweet Hampton
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    this is going to be a monster... I can feel it...

some of my people think i'm crazy because of this... we'll see who's crazy