Options

Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    VeddersgirlatlVeddersgirlatl Atlanta Posts: 44
    Still looking to trade my single reserved (493xxx) Columbia or Raleigh for single ticket to Hampton.
    Thanks, Carrie :-D
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    mrussel1 said:

I bet 10c reserved are on the side, Stub Hub has a bunch of floor and nothing on the sides. I am starting to get nervous.

Wouldn't you rather be on the wing? People complained last tour that they couldn't see on the floor. I'm 6 foot and had floor for Philly2 and Charlotte and I didn't think the view was very good. Any of the two sections on each side would have been better.
    I was front row side in Charlotte and loved every minute of it. even got McCready to come over and solo during "Watchtower"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    We will be there, got them from the lotto on Monday, I hope to get good seats, been a member since 1996
    I WISH I WAS AS FORTUNATE AS ME
  • Options
    MMPoochMMPooch New Jersey Posts: 68
    Hi ! My daughter and I will be making the drive from Jersey for this show. Her first PJ concert! I have 10C res and I like them better on the side than the floor, in my experience it's a better view. We can't wait! And I agree with Yellow Led with the lights on and McMelty just lighting that place up to close the show!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    lolobugg said:

this show is going to be #sogood . MSG is for chumps.

you can have the MSG... Hampton is for the REAL mofos.... :lol:
    WHO are you calling a MOFO???
    :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

I bet 10c reserved are on the side, Stub Hub has a bunch of floor and nothing on the sides. I am starting to get nervous.

Wouldn't you rather be on the wing? People complained last tour that they couldn't see on the floor. I'm 6 foot and had floor for Philly2 and Charlotte and I didn't think the view was very good. Any of the two sections on each side would have been better.
    +1..would totally have a nice low row on the side then be 50 rows back!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,880
    I'm looking at pics of this venue. Damn it looks small! What a unique looking venue. I cannot wait for this show. I have tickets for PH and MSG but this one has me most excited.
  • Options

Embassy suites seems like the place..bit pricey but its right at the coliseum...and good reviews

I booked at Springhill suites fir half the price.
  • Options
    I'm seeing cheap seats on stubhub behind the stage. I've sat behind the stage at venues befure but this venue is very unique. Any input from someone who's done this at the coliseum? Specifically lodge M
  • Options
    Behind the stage at Hampton is probably one of the best behind the stage concert experiences. Very close to the band. It's small venue. I think most folks would thoroughly enjoy the experience.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Was 2nd Row Side by Stone in Cincy 2006, was just looking for something different, but trust me, i am not complaining. I know a good time will be had by all.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    Seriously crossing the days off on my calender for this! Haven't seen them since Pitt/Buffalo 2013!
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
  • Options

Behind the stage at Hampton is probably one of the best behind the stage concert experiences. Very close to the band. It's small venue. I think most folks would thoroughly enjoy the experience.

That's awesome. Bought Loge P row 2. $120 each on Stubhub. Not too bad. The venue looks incredible. Coming 6.5 hours from Brooklyn NY!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

That's awesome. Bought Loge P row 2. $120 each on Stubhub. Not too bad. The venue looks incredible. Coming 6.5 hours from Brooklyn NY!
    9.5 hours here from Indiana
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    pjaddictsince91pjaddictsince91 New Jersey Posts: 181
    I am in...the buidling seats just under 10k. This will be the Moline of 2016.
    "I'm just feeling so tough with my ukelele...my badass mother f'in ukelele" EV 8/7/08 Newark, NJ

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    my2hands said:

I hope there is a funky intimate relaxed vibe that night and they sit down on stools and play some weird atmospheric shit

nice
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Just got my confirmation..GA..2nd PJ show ever..1st GA..dont think this one can touch C'ville but we will see.

VA rules
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Man I cannot stop looking at pics of this venue. It's going to be amazing
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469

Just got my confirmation..GA..2nd PJ show ever..1st GA..dont think this one can touch C'ville but we will see.

VA rules
    Night off before and after this gig..bring on the 3 hrs of bliss..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this show stood out to me as soon as the announcement was made... didn't see it coming... hotel & 10c tickets all taken care of... cant wait
  • Options
    I grew up near Hampton and still live in the area. Saw my first show at the Coliseum, Journey in 1981 and many more as a kid growing up. All the major bands played here in the 80's into the 90's until bigger arenas were built squeezing this market out of tours in favor of Charlotte, Raleigh or DC. The acoustics are tremendous and this show will have an old school vibe PJ will embrace knowing how many classic rock bands have played here before, many releasing live recordings. There are no luxury suites, nothing corporate about it, seats are close to the stage. Got my 10c reserved seats and was able to buy 3 more for friends and it probably took 10 minutes to sell out yesterday. Fans here are excited and surprised they are coming so we can expect a very appreciative crowd, knowing its a rare treat a major rock band will schedule a date. No doubt PJ will feel this energy and make this a special show.
  • Options
    DC279686 said:

I grew up near Hampton and still live in the area. Saw my first show at the Coliseum, Journey in 1981 and many more as a kid growing up. All the major bands played here in the 80's into the 90's until bigger arenas were built squeezing this market out of tours in favor of Charlotte, Raleigh or DC. The acoustics are tremendous and this show will have an old school vibe PJ will embrace knowing how many classic rock bands have played here before, many releasing live recordings. There are no luxury suites, nothing corporate about it, seats are close to the stage. Got my 10c reserved seats and was able to buy 3 more for friends and it probably took 10 minutes to sell out yesterday. Fans here are excited and surprised they are coming so we can expect a very appreciative crowd, knowing its a rare treat a major rock band will schedule a date. No doubt PJ will feel this energy and make this a special show.

this is wtf i'm talking about...

cant wait
  • Options
    what officially released live recording have been taped here? anyone
    know a quick list?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    DC279686 said:

I saw Pixies & U2 there back in the early 90's...
    GREAT venue!!!
    Super-stoked to see PJ play here :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    my2hands said:

what officially released live recording have been taped here? anyone
    know a quick list?

Phish, I believe did one in 99..its 2 nights and several cds
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Phish is called " Hampton comes alive"..ha,,get it?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Phish is cool but i'm going to stick with the stones & dead lol
  • Options
    DC279686 said:

Like I wasn't excited enough? Damn.
  • Options
    when those lights drop... we'll know right then