Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    my2hands said:

any suggestions on reasonable hotels in the city?

whats up with the south loop area? some reviews say it can be sketchy? easy access to public transit?

Im from chicago, moved to south Loop three years ago. Great part of the city and SUPER easy access to wrigley. There is a red line stop at roosevelt and state and that takes you all the way to Addison. Get off there and you are steps away from Wrigley.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    FYI, I found that cabs are pretty easy to get in Chicago, especially outside larger hotels, and it was only something like $12 from downtown to Wrigley by cab. Obviously timing is everything. Gets harder and more expensive if you expect to get a cab right before or right after the show. Anyway, it's also one train from downtown directly to Wrigley. As a visitor, I found that staying downtown was just fine in terms of travel to Wrigley (aside from the weird circumstances after a Wrigley show that ended at 2am of course).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :rofl: - I read that you found crabs are pretty easy to get in Chicago.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    FoxyRedLa said:

:rofl: - I read that you found crabs are pretty easy to get in Chicago.

That is probably also true! :lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ubers are also very convienient and way cheaper than a cab. Tons of them here
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Any parking with an easy out?
  • Options
    jdopj said:

Any parking with an easy out?

Parking at Wrigley?

Yeah you can find parking garages, and places to park around the ballpark. Probably cost you anywhere from $20-$50. But I am sure you would need to get to the ballpark fairly early. Public transportation is your best bet.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    At Wrigley? Not much, they do have a remote lot but not really any parking close by. If you plan on driving you will find residents offering parking for 20-40 bucks in the alley. The red line honestly is the best way to get there by far
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    I'm coming from Milwaukee. Usually drive down for shows if I'm not staying over which will be the case for the Monday show. Don't care about paying for parking just want an easy way out
  • Options
    Best bet is the parking lot off of Grace and clark. Never parked there for a show, but for cubs games its easy out. Its literally like the only lot that is close so I would get there in time to get a spot
  • Options

Best bet is the parking lot off of Grace and clark. Never parked there for a show, but for cubs games its easy out. Its literally like the only lot that is close so I would get there in time to get a spot

Good call.

I would get there around noon...Haha
    And I am serious.

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    I would definitely take mass transit, the red line on CTA if I was actually going. I resisted entering the lottery this time around for these shows since I have three East Coast shows secured.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    tellie1976tellie1976 Iowa Posts: 39
    We stayed on the loop when we saw the foo at wrigley, as long as you are buy the L you will be fine.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072
    Cubs.com says the tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m., not noon
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072

Cubs.com says the tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m., not noon

They sent an updated email with the correct time of noon on Friday
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    my dad was under the assumption that you could only win one of the shows. So when I told him otherwise I was a bit nervous, and then he said "That would be awesome!"

lol I was under the assumption we would just sell a pair if we won both, so now i'm really hoping I get both haha :smile:
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    ehbacon said:

my dad was under the assumption that you could only win one of the shows. So when I told him otherwise I was a bit nervous, and then he said "That would be awesome!"

lol I was under the assumption we would just sell a pair if we won both, so now i'm really hoping I get both haha :smile:

You can sell it but you personally have to go to will call and recieve your tickets with an id
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    jdopj said:

I'm coming from Milwaukee. Usually drive down for shows if I'm not staying over which will be the case for the Monday show. Don't care about paying for parking just want an easy way out

If you’re headed home after the show I would recommend Irving Park Road (19). It has four lanes, when most of the streets in that neighborhood have only two. You can take that west to 90/94 north.

So if you park in one of these lots you will be set for a quick exit.

Green Lot - Season Parking Holders, Combo, Double-Play, Game Day Cash Lot
    1126 W. Grace St. Chicago, IL 60613

Irving Lot - Season Parking Holders, Combo, Game Day Cash Lot
    1052 Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL 60613

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    MK88178 said:

ehbacon said:

You can sell it but you personally have to go to will call and recieve your tickets with an id
    Oh, well glad he's up for both then haha!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    For those that attended the 2013 show and had fanclub reserved... Where you on the field behind the pit in seats or in the stands? Also, how was the view from where you were? If I don't get the 2 GA's just trying to determine if I'll get half way decent seats.... Thanks!
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382

For those that attended the 2013 show and had fanclub reserved... Where you on the field behind the pit in seats or in the stands? Also, how was the view from where you were? If I don't get the 2 GA's just trying to determine if I'll get half way decent seats.... Thanks!

2013 got reserved seats in the lotto, number is 299 and was on the field behind GA, fairly far back. It is freakin' huge though.
  • Options
    I'm completely overthinking how to order the four choices for the Wrigley shows in terms of preference. How are other people approaching this?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    edited February 2016
    Mercury said:

2013 got reserved seats in the lotto, number is 299 and was on the field behind GA, fairly far back. It is freakin' huge though.
    What did you think of the view from what you had? I was in GA for that show. Was it too far back for ya? I'm 204xxx
  • Options

I'm completely overthinking how to order the four choices for the Wrigley shows in terms of preference. How are other people approaching this?

Why not just go. .

Reserved for show 1
    Reserved for show 2

And that's that.
  • Options
    Would you go Reserved for Show 2 first, since that seems to be an all-but guaranteed ticket at this point, and put Show 1 second?

Or would you load up on Show 1 to increase your odds, with the thought that Reserved for Show 2 might still be doable as the second choice?
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382

Mercury said:

What did you think of the view from what you had? I was in GA for that show. Was it too far back for ya? I'm 204xxx
    I was just ok with it. My wife is really short and couldn't see a thing. You're watching screens to a certain degree for sure, but lower bowl would be even further away so I'm not sure I would have preferred that either. It should be marginally better this time around since I think it'll be somewhat less of a destination show for folks, meaning most of our numbers will be slightly better in the pool of those that get tickets? I'm putting in for Reserved again this time around FWIW.
  • Options

Would you go Reserved for Show 2 first, since that seems to be an all-but guaranteed ticket at this point, and put Show 1 second?

Or would you load up on Show 1 to increase your odds, with the thought that Reserved for Show 2 might still be doable as the second choice?

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

• Options

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

At the risk of turning this into the SATs, please explain your logic.
  • Options

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

At the risk of turning this into the SATs, please explain your logic.
    It gives you your best best for BOTH shows.
    It's that simple.

But obviously if you are OK with going to just one show....Then Reserved 2 is your 1st choice.

• Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    Mercury said:

I'm 230xxx my seats were great. Center field about 20 yards of second base. Great view of the stage and great sound.