Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options

Would you go Reserved for Show 2 first, since that seems to be an all-but guaranteed ticket at this point, and put Show 1 second?

Or would you load up on Show 1 to increase your odds, with the thought that Reserved for Show 2 might still be doable as the second choice?

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

At the risk of turning this into the SATs, please explain your logic.
    It gives you your best best for BOTH shows.
    It's that simple.

But obviously if you are OK with going to just one show....Then Reserved 2 is your 1st choice.

Gotcha.

I guess I need to decide which is more important to me: Increasing my odds of going to both shows or increasing my odds of at least not being shut out.

I told you I was overthinking this thing.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Would you go Reserved for Show 2 first, since that seems to be an all-but guaranteed ticket at this point, and put Show 1 second?

Or would you load up on Show 1 to increase your odds, with the thought that Reserved for Show 2 might still be doable as the second choice?

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

It gives you your best best for BOTH shows.
    It's that simple.

But obviously if you are OK with going to just one show....Then Reserved 2 is your 1st choice.

Gotcha.

I guess I need to decide which is more important to me: Increasing my odds of going to both shows or increasing my odds of at least not being shut out.

I told you I was overthinking this thing.
    Yes, you are overthinking this!

But that's OK.
    Tour time is Fun!!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

The logic is Chi 2 has extremely high odds of reserved and it's most people's last choice. You probably could put it as option 4 and still get reserved. There are a lot of people that do the whole ga first. So this is usually their order. Chi 1 ga, Chi 2 ga, Chi 1 Res, Chi 2 Res. This logic reduces the percentage but most of those people have reserve as a 3rd and 4th choice. Do yourself the favor and listen to speedy.
  • Options
    MK88178 said:

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

The logic is Chi 2 has extremely high odds of reserved and it's most people's last choice. You probably could put it as option 4 and still get reserved. There are a lot of people that do the whole ga first. So this is usually their order. Chi 1 ga, Chi 2 ga, Chi 1 Res, Chi 2 Res. This logic reduces the percentage but most of those people have reserve as a 3rd and 4th choice. Do yourself the favor and listen to speedy.
    I've been hanging around the board long enough, off and on, to understand Speedy is some kind of savant.

Done.
  • Options
    Do the odds decrease for reserved if members put it as second choice? Or does it just reduce based on first choices? Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way but are the chances of getting 2nd choices gone now as all of the options have gone under 99%?
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options

Do the odds decrease for reserved if members put it as second choice? Or does it just reduce based on first choices? Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way but are the chances of getting 2nd choices gone now as all of the options have gone under 99%?

You can still get your 2nd choice.

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Speedy's advice is good odds-wise. The odds will change between now and Monday as more and more people enter the drawing. A few things to consider, based on observations from previous drawings, including the last Wrigley drawing:

Some people will win GA to one night AND reserved to the other night.

Some people will win reserved to both.

Some people will score GA with their 2nd pick.

Some people will only score reserved to one show despite picking both reserved.

Some people will strike out on both shows despite picking both shows as reserved.

Some people will score tickets with their 3rd priority or lower.

10c says that odds of winning tickets increase the more shows (times) you enter for. Therefore, I would argue that the best odds for winning are:
    1st pick: GA night 2
    2nd pick: Reserved night 1
    3rd pick: Reserved night 2
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Odds = Tticket pairs / Members using any choice on that option

So, odds increase if you use your first choice and decrease if you use your second, third, etc.
  • Options
    3days said:

Speedy's advice is good odds-wise. The odds will change between now and Monday as more and more people enter the drawing. A few things to consider, based on observations from previous drawings, including the last Wrigley drawing:

Some people will win GA to one night AND reserved to the other night.

Some people will win reserved to both.

Some people will score GA with their 2nd pick.

Some people will only score reserved to one show despite picking both reserved.

Some people will strike out on both shows despite picking both shows as reserved.

Some people will score tickets with their 3rd priority or lower.

10c says that odds of winning tickets increase the more shows (times) you enter for. Therefore, I would argue that the best odds for winning are:
    1st pick: GA night 2
    2nd pick: Reserved night 1
    3rd pick: Reserved night 2

And you would definitely get an argument with me.
    Hahaha

But good luck on your choices.

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2016
    Sincere thank you, but not my choices (unable to do GA). Every one of those scenarios happens for popular shows. People will win GA, and people will win tickets with priorities lower than 1 & 2.
    It seems that odds decrease as your priority does, but there are also anomalies. How else do you explain people losing first priority reserved, while winning second priority GA (lower odds) for the exact same popular show (Philly 16, Wrigley 13, Moline 14, Brooklyn 13)?
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    jdopj said:

Any parking with an easy out?

There will be plenty of people selling spots in the neighborhoods around the park. it will probably be close to the $50 range, as they tend to jack up their price for special events. But hey, capitalism.

We usually park in this guy named Ziggy's place off Grace. He's got a crazy eye, but he always gives me a good rate if I call him ahead. I tell whoever I am with "Don't look him in the eye" right as we pull up and see him. People always freak out and ask why, and at that point Ziggy will be within earshot so I just look down and hand him the money. He's in on the joke, so it makes for a good laugh for myself (which is what is really all about).

Long story short: If you are looking to park close you can park at Ziggy's, just don't look him in the eye.
  • Options
    If, somehow I win tickets for both shows, am I allowed to pick both pair up the first night? I would have been sick not putting in for both shows if I dont get drawn only putting in for one, thus shutting me out without the chance for the other.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,307
    Pipessuhr said:

If, somehow I win tickets for both shows, am I allowed to pick both pair up the first night? I would have been sick not putting in for both shows if I dont get drawn only putting in for one, thus shutting me out without the chance for the other.

No, have to be there for the second show on Monday to pick up the tickets or you run the risk of not getting future pre-sale tickets through the 10C
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    jdopj said:

Any parking with an easy out?

Look into Parkwhiz or SpotHero apps to buy parking in advance of the show.
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974

Pipessuhr said:

No, have to be there for the second show on Monday to pick up the tickets or you run the risk of not getting future pre-sale tickets through the 10C
    I would hope they would let us pickup Monday tickets on Sunday. I work and It would suck having to wait in line to pick up tickets right before the concert. In 2013 we were able to pick tickets the day before
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options

Pipessuhr said:

I would hope they would let us pickup Monday tickets on Sunday. I work and It would suck having to wait in line to pick up tickets right before the concert. In 2013 we were able to pick tickets the day before
    I just go by the information on the 10C ticket policy.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    linuslinus Posts: 1
    Wife and I both going for Wrigley 1 Reserved, all or nothing. Good luck all!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

Pipessuhr said:

I've only picked up 10 club tickets once so far, at the Moline show. I was in line 10-15 minutes tops. It wasn't a big deal.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

Pipessuhr said:

I've only picked up 10 club tickets once so far, at the Moline show. I was in line 10-15 minutes tops. It wasn't a big deal.
    With all of the 10C tickets I've won the the lottery, I agree that the ticket line wait wasn't more than 15 minutes, a small deal at best
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options
    JuannicenboimJuannicenboim Argentina Posts: 60
    So is today the closing day for the drawing? What time do they inform the results?
    Buenos Aires 11/25/05
    Buenos Aires 11/26/05
    Porto Alegre 11/28/05
    La Plata 11/13/11
    Buenos Aires 4/3/13
    Berlin 6/26/14
    Santiago 11/4/15
    La Plata 11/7/15
    Sao Paulo 11/14/15
    Chicago 08/20/16
    Chicago 08/22/16
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604

So is today the closing day for the drawing? What time do they inform the results?

I'm sure it will be somewhere between tomorrow and the public on-sale. I wouldn't expect it today.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,548
    kramer73 said:

I'm sure it will be somewhere between tomorrow and the public on-sale. I wouldn't expect it today.
    It'll be today.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    100 Pacer said:

kramer73 said:

It'll be today.
    Yup, we'll know sometime this afternoon/evening. Best of luck to ya!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506

For those that attended the 2013 show and had fanclub reserved... Where you on the field behind the pit in seats or in the stands? Also, how was the view from where you were? If I don't get the 2 GA's just trying to determine if I'll get half way decent seats.... Thanks!

Most of the reserved seats i saw for 10c were awesome. There were some on the sides that sucked...but then again...those people didnt get shut out!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506

I would go.

Reserved 1
    Reserved 2

I would agree with this. If you bank on GA, odds are, you are going to be disappointed. Even for night 2. Personally, i dont even bother with it. 10 feet back from ga, you can see everything just fine. And you have a seat, etc. If for nothing else...just to reduce the crying afterwards, forget GA.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I'm excited - you excited?
  • Options

Not gonna lie; kinda excited
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,804

I ain't even scared bro.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    :worried:
  • Options
    Anybody happen to see the final odds for the Wrigley reserves?