Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Play somewhere with a damn roof.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Joe118Joe118 Posts: 67

How'd the system work? People are talking about a lottery?

Bump. will there be a lottery for the Wrigley shows?
  • Options
    gonna try and get a few tickets to one of these damn shows!
    I'll be holidaying in America around this time
  • Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    Zod said:

The first show is on my birthday and I've never seen PJ on my bday. One of my best friends lives in Chicago and I was timing a visit for October so we could do the 4 hour drive to Detroit for a Red Wings game. Don't want to spend the money on heading out there twice... PJ or Red Wings..... probably comes down to whether or not I can score tickets.

PJ on my birthday would be sweet!

The first show is on my birthday too. I hope you get tickets and I do too. It would be the best birthday!!!
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I will be there! Will the lottery for the Fenway/Wrigley go together? I assume the lottery for the fnon stadium shows are totally separate and have no bearing on the stadium shows, right?
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    Wrigley baby!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2016
    Soldier Field would have been awesome
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    my2hands said:

Soldier Field would have been awesome

Much better..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Play somewhere with a damn roof.

I couldn't be any happier to get a CHANCE at an outside venue that I can afford to travel to to boot?!?!?!? Sweeeeeet!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I did get tix for 2013...anyone know what the success rate was? I figure most people who put in for both will get at least one.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Went last time :-) ....drove from Ohio at 6am....didnt go to sleep til 5am the next day. Was an awesome experience but don't think I want to deal with all that again this time. Just a short drive to KY for me, as long as I can get tickets :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,408
    OnWis97 said:

I did get tix for 2013...anyone know what the success rate was? I figure most people who put in for both will get at least one.

Not necessarily...
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited January 2016
    silver39 said:

Went last time :-) ....drove from Ohio at 6am....didnt go to sleep til 5am the next day. Was an awesome experience but don't think I want to deal with all that again this time. Just a short drive to KY for me, as long as I can get tickets :-)

Same with me. I was happy I got to go last time but with the rain delay, getting on the train after, and getting back to the hotel late I'm not worried about it this time around.

I really hope the people that got shut out in 2013 get to go this time and there are no rain delays.

See you in Lexington. I think there are a lot of us driving from Columbus. We need to have a convoy.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    lcusick said:

Zod said:

The first show is on my birthday and I've never seen PJ on my bday. One of my best friends lives in Chicago and I was timing a visit for October so we could do the 4 hour drive to Detroit for a Red Wings game. Don't want to spend the money on heading out there twice... PJ or Red Wings..... probably comes down to whether or not I can score tickets.

PJ on my birthday would be sweet!

The first show is on my birthday too. I hope you get tickets and I do too. It would be the best birthday!!!
    The 20th is my birthday too! I hope we all get tickets.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    My birthday is in May, I hope I get tickets too!
  • Options
    I understand hotel rooms are going quick if not already gone. Are there any hotels within walking distance of Wrigley? This will be my first time to the area.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    .60 miles away is Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace.
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Sold out haha
  • Options
    Does Chicago public transit run 24 hours on weekends? For the first show on Saturday it seems like getting a hotel room near the airport isn't so bad. As long as I can get on a bus back to around O'Hare. Is this unrealistic by any means?
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974

Does Chicago public transit run 24 hours on weekends? For the first show on Saturday it seems like getting a hotel room near the airport isn't so bad. As long as I can get on a bus back to around O'Hare. Is this unrealistic by any means?

The red line train (right by Wrigley) runs 24 hours and so does the blue line which goes to O'Hare. I think quite a few people stayed by the airport for the last Wrigley show.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I still can't believe they are playing two shows at Wrigley on a Saturday and Monday night. Craaaaazy!!!!!
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    FoxyRedLa said:

Sold out haha

have you tried the Days Inn chicago ? (it's the one on Diversey Parkway)

I just booked there today. it's about a mile away. Easy straight shot walk to Wrigley. I've stayed there multiple times. Pretty decent, good service. Rooms are small unless you get a business suite, but overall not a bad place or area to stay
  • Options
    Just booked at a Hampton Inn by O'Hare.

The red line train (right by Wrigley) runs 24 hours and so does the blue line which goes to O'Hare. I think quite a few people stayed by the airport for the last Wrigley show.
    Thank you for the feedback! Seems like it won't be too tough to navigate.
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    FoxyRedLa said:

I understand hotel rooms are going quick if not already gone. Are there any hotels within walking distance of Wrigley? This will be my first time to the area.

That's so exciting! You're gonna love it! Could not find a better, or friendly atmosphere. My favorite place on earth.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

Um we waited 45 minutes for a north bound train at 2:45 am after the show.....Loooooong night LOL!!
    KC138045 said:

silver39 said:

Same with me. I was happy I got to go last time but with the rain delay, getting on the train after, and getting back to the hotel late I'm not worried about it this time around.

I really hope the people that got shut out in 2013 get to go this time and there are no rain delays.

See you in Lexington. I think there are a lot of us driving from Columbus. We need to have a convoy.
    I agree! Where in Columbus are you? Im in Reynoldsburg :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    gjv76gjv76 Posts: 33
    yellowwho said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Sold out haha

I just booked there today. it's about a mile away. Easy straight shot walk to Wrigley. I've stayed there multiple times. Pretty decent, good service. Rooms are small unless you get a business suite, but overall not a bad place or area to stay
    I also booked the Days Inn! Now I just need to get the time off from work! I turn 40 on the 22nd so it will be one hell of a party!
  • Options
    Thank you so much gonna check out Days Inn.
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Sold out haha

Thank you so much! Booked for the 2nd show. Hopefully I can score tix for the correct show now lol lol lol! Ty!
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    FoxyRedLa said:

yellowwho said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Sold out haha

Thank you so much! Booked for the 2nd show. Hopefully I can score tix for the correct show now lol lol lol! Ty!
    Sweet !!!

it's a good neighborhood,Lincoln Park . lots of stores, places to eat and things to do.