Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    gjv76 said:

yellowwho said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Sold out haha

have you tried the Days Inn chicago ? (it's the one on Diversey Parkway)

I just booked there today. it's about a mile away. Easy straight shot walk to Wrigley. I've stayed there multiple times. Pretty decent, good service. Rooms are small unless you get a business suite, but overall not a bad place or area to stay
    I also booked the Days Inn! Now I just need to get the time off from work! I turn 40 on the 22nd so it will be one hell of a party!
    happy early birthday !! Mine is Aug 16th.. I'm a few years behind you. I'm ready !!
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    silver39 said:

Does Chicago public transit run 24 hours on weekends? For the first show on Saturday it seems like getting a hotel room near the airport isn't so bad. As long as I can get on a bus back to around O'Hare. Is this unrealistic by any means?

Um we waited 45 minutes for a north bound train at 2:45 am after the show.....Loooooong night LOL!!
    KC138045 said:

silver39 said:

Went last time :-) ....drove from Ohio at 6am....didnt go to sleep til 5am the next day. Was an awesome experience but don't think I want to deal with all that again this time. Just a short drive to KY for me, as long as I can get tickets :-)

Same with me. I was happy I got to go last time but with the rain delay, getting on the train after, and getting back to the hotel late I'm not worried about it this time around.

I really hope the people that got shut out in 2013 get to go this time and there are no rain delays.

See you in Lexington. I think there are a lot of us driving from Columbus. We need to have a convoy.
    I agree! Where in Columbus are you? Im in Reynoldsburg :-)
    I'm in Westerville
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Billy Joel is playing Wrigley the following Friday (and Luke Bryan the next night). Here is the seating chart, I'm guessing PJ will use D, E, and F for GA - it would look pretty similar to last time

• Options
    So everything else red and centre near the stage can be purchased through ticketmaster then?
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

So everything else red and centre near the stage can be purchased through ticketmaster then?

I think most baseball teams use ticketsnow to buy tickets. Also keep in mind that every season ticket holder will have the opportunity to buy tickets in advance of the general onsale

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Oh damn!
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

I think most baseball teams use ticketsnow to buy tickets. Also keep in mind that every season ticket holder will have the opportunity to buy tickets in advance of the general onsale

I know that the sale to season ticket holders/neighbors in 2013 went real fast (I believe it was a small amount of tickets made available) because they were up and gone faster than you could say Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    jervin007 said:

I don't know of any that use TicketsNow. Cubs and White Sox both use Ticketmaster, as do others that I've checked. Not that it matters, these aren't baseball games. The other concerts at Wrigley use Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    mattcoz said:

jervin007 said:

I don't know of any that use TicketsNow. Cubs and White Sox both use Ticketmaster, as do others that I've checked. Not that it matters, these aren't baseball games. The other concerts at Wrigley use Ticketmaster.
    2013 was tickets now. Everyone was in the virtual waiting room hoping they got picked.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    KC138045 said:

mattcoz said:

jervin007 said:

2013 was tickets now. Everyone was in the virtual waiting room hoping they got picked.
    And apparently I was wrong, the other concerts are on Tickets.com. They showed up when I searched Ticketmaster, but they linked to the other site.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    Questions for the last Wrigley crowd.
    If you want to travel to Wrigley this year from a different country would you recommend staying for both shows?
    What would the approx. cost be for two people to stay in Chicago for 3days excluding tix price? (Read not sleeping on a couch somewhere to save a few bucks)
    All I can go by is the you tube videos of Wrigley and it looked/sounded like a phenomenal experience.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Expect to pay about $150-$200 a night for just a hotel. Doesn't include food and transportation.
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    Because Chicago is eminently drivable from Minnesota (6 hours on 94), I've been there too many times to count. We've done baseball games, hockey games, Soldier Field, PJ, Wrigley, Lolla etc. We've stayed in Wrigleyville, the Loop, out by the airport, downtown.

For this show, here's what I can tell you:

1. Get a hotel somewhere. People say avoid the south and west side, but whatever. Be smart. Find a nice hotel for a decent price. If you're close enough to walk, book it. If you're not, factor in how you're going to get to Wrigley and back. Doesn't mean it's not doable, just plan for it. We booked a room in Wrigleyville (walking distance) from Friday night through Tuesday morning (4 nights), and after taxes/fees, its going to be about $800. If you can swing that AND still find one with availability, do it. But again, if you can't don't sweat staying in one of the nice clean ones near O'Hare. It's really not that bad, especially since all you're going to want to do at the end of the hot-ass day is sleep in AC. :lol:

2. If you're going to fly in from another country, yes, you should absolutely make plans for both shows. For all that effort, get the shows you can while you're there.

3. Lastly and as an aside, do NOT stand in merch lines, especially if you're from another country. I don't care how cool the poster is or whatever bullshit thing is being sold. Go out, eat great food, drink lots of beer and water, and hang out at one of the many fun loud bars surrounding the park. While I had a friend nice enough to pick me up a Wrigley pennant unexpectedly and without being asked to (after he stood in line all day for his own stuff), the lines looked positively awful. The bar scene was unreal in a great way and the merch lines were just the opposite. Definitely not worth it.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    KC138045 said:

mattcoz said:

jervin007 said:

2 hours of my life I won't get back
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649

Questions for the last Wrigley crowd.
    If you want to travel to Wrigley this year from a different country would you recommend staying for both shows?
    What would the approx. cost be for two people to stay in Chicago for 3days excluding tix price? (Read not sleeping on a couch somewhere to save a few bucks)
    All I can go by is the you tube videos of Wrigley and it looked/sounded like a phenomenal experience.

I live in Milwaukee, WI and have frequented Chicago a lot. Room prices vary depending on what is going on.
    A concert alone doesn't drive up prices but if it's coupled with other things it can get expensive. I always look on Kayak and other sites to gauge things.
    The biggest thing, after having been through it many times including the last Wrigley show is transportation after the concert. It took a long time to find a ride back to our room. Try to book something close. Book it now. If you change your mind, cancel it
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Question about Membership. I am a member...but I have a couple of friends who've been reinvigorated...

Anyone know by when they'd have to be a member to be eligible for Fenway and Wrigley? Is it too late?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    OnWis97 said:

Question about Membership. I am a member...but I have a couple of friends who've been reinvigorated...

Anyone know by when they'd have to be a member to be eligible for Fenway and Wrigley? Is it too late?

Yes, it's too late for them to be eligible if they are not current members. You had to be an active member as of January 18th. Good luck to you in the lottery and hopefully they can score puplic onsale tickets!
  • Options
    my question is with a number in the lower 500s, can I be able to choose whether I want to sit on the floor, GA, or first level? Because I really do not want the floor, as I neither me or my dad would be able to see anything. My dad can't do GA because of his back so really that leaves first level.

I was thinking about trying to get 2 more tickets in the actual sale in the stands, bring a couple of friends and then just find out there (me and my dad will get the good ones of course).
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    EH - put in for reserved. You'll find out where you sit when you get there. You may want back up tix but that's up to you and your dad.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    ^If you enter the lottery for reserved seats, your seats will be chosen for you. I would think with a higher member # there is a good chance your seats would not be on the floor behind GA. I was on the field when I saw Paul Mccartney play Wrigley when I was 16 and I could see better than I thought. If you don't want GA I would make sure you don't put it in as your first choice when the time comes. I'm sure if you score public onsale tickets you could get them in the lower level.

I hope that helps at all!
  • Options
    it does thanks, so I'll stick to my plan of buying another pair, we'll have about 4 people looking for tickets at once so hopefully one of us can get some good ones!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    ehbacon said:

my question is with a number in the lower 500s, can I be able to choose whether I want to sit on the floor, GA, or first level? Because I really do not want the floor, as I neither me or my dad would be able to see anything. My dad can't do GA because of his back so really that leaves first level.

I was thinking about trying to get 2 more tickets in the actual sale in the stands, bring a couple of friends and then just find out there (me and my dad will get the good ones of course).

Just be warned, you will be far back. For Pearl Jam in 2013, I sat right by the Cubs dugout. I was shocked how far back it was still. I had thought leading up to the show that I had great seats...didn't turn out that way so much.

And for Billy Joel 2 summers ago, I was front row of the upper deck. He looked like a tiny speck from that far back.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Hopefully this time the whole field will be GA. The reserved seats on the field are terrible (baseball stadiums are not built for concerts!). Foo Fighters did the whole field GA this past summer and it was WAY better.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    just found out that the Phillies are playing the white sox in chicago on the 23rd! Told my dad and he said "That is going to be a great week"! Even more excited now!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,548

OnWis97 said:

Yes, it's too late for them to be eligible if they are not current members. You had to be an active member as of January 18th. Good luck to you in the lottery and hopefully they can score puplic onsale tickets!
    This might be the meds talking but I believe I recall seeing something about being eligible if one renews/subscribes a membership between now and the February Wrigley/Fenway ticket announcement.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    edited January 2016
    from the 10c/PJ email:
    *** Ticket sale dates for the stadium shows TBD. Ten Club will email pre-sale info to all eligible members in February. See eligibility info below.
    Eligibility: 
Members active as of Monday, January 18th are eligible for this ticket drawing and the stadium shows pre-sale drawing in February. New memberships and membership renewals purchased after that date are not considered eligible for either ticket drawing pre-sale.

Members who were active on Monday, January 18th but whose membership lapses before the next drawing in February, will not be eligible for that drawing.
  • Options
    I hope Ten Club members are only allowed to go to one show so everybody has a better chance to see at least one show.
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Sure glad that Chicago didn't get the 2016 Olympics since that would make these Wrigley shows unlikely.

6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,411

Hopefully this time the whole field will be GA. The reserved seats on the field are terrible (baseball stadiums are not built for concerts!). Foo Fighters did the whole field GA this past summer and it was WAY better.

Yep..I was there for that...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,548

from the 10c/PJ email:

*** Ticket sale dates for the stadium shows TBD. Ten Club will email pre-sale info to all eligible members in February. See eligibility info below.
    Eligibility: 
Members active as of Monday, January 18th are eligible for this ticket drawing and the stadium shows pre-sale drawing in February. New memberships and membership renewals purchased after that date are not considered eligible for either ticket drawing pre-sale.

Members who were active on Monday, January 18th but whose membership lapses before the next drawing in February, will not be eligible for that drawing.
    I was wrong. My bad.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore