LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    thanks for the info..... going to Days Inn from Midway airport
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Lizard said:

Yeah...take the orange line to the brown line and you'll be all good!
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Speaking of the Days Inn, how would the CTA ride be later in the evening from downtown ? Pretty easy and safe ?
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455

Can someone please give me advice on getting from O'Hare to Days Inn on Diversey. Flight gets in around 5pm on Friday.

Here’s some info that google has given me:

CTA - If I'm lucky enough to find a seat, it will be covered in urine, people will be snorting coke off of my head, people will be having sex across the aisle and throwing their condoms at me, old ladies will be shouting obscenities at me, homeless will be sprawled all over the floor, the train will break down several times, I’ll have to haul luggage up and down 20 flights of stairs.

Cab - I'll be paying a lot more and will watch 10 trains fly by me before I even get off of Kennedy because of Friday rush hour.

What time does the traffic improve? By the time I get my bags and everything it will be after 5, and I can also eat there and kill an hour if it would help.

Thanks!

Actually, that CTA trip sounds like it'd be pretty f'n exciting! I'd sign up for that thrill ride. Would make a helluva story to tell your buddies in the bar.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    yellowwho said:

Speaking of the Days Inn, how would the CTA ride be later in the evening from downtown ? Pretty easy and safe ?

If you're able, you can walk. I did for the 2013 show.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Lizard said:

What, What!!! days in at Midway?? Don't do that... Do a Air bb near the park or something. Way too far to go after show...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    muskydan said:

Lizard said:

What, What!!! days in at Midway?? Don't do that... Do a Air bb near the park or something. Way too far to go after show...
    LOL. Definitely don't want to stay by Midway. Pretty sure they meant they are going to the Days Inn on Diversey from Midway....much better that way.
  • Options
    cutz said:

yellowwho said:

I walked to the Days Inn from Wrigley in 2013 as well...I was trying to get from Downtown (as in millennium park for the Wilco show) later at night, back to the Days Inn. That's what my question was aimed for...

Thanks for answering though

• Options
    yellowwho said:

cutz said:

yellowwho said:

I walked to the Days Inn from Wrigley in 2013 as well...I was trying to get from Downtown (as in millennium park for the Wilco show) later at night, back to the Days Inn. That's what my question was aimed for...

You'll be with tons other people leaving that show headed back to the north side. You'll be just fine.
  • Options
    RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    Millenium Park to that Days Inn [on Diversey] is easy peasy. Walk from MP to the elevated loop trains, get on the brown line and it will take you north to Diversey.
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options

yellowwho said:

cutz said:

yellowwho said:

You'll be with tons other people leaving that show headed back to the north side. You'll be just fine.
    Thanks !
  • Options
    RG292419 said:

Millenium Park to that Days Inn [on Diversey] is easy peasy. Walk from MP to the elevated loop trains, get on the brown line and it will take you north to Diversey.

Thanks, your the greatest !
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    edited August 2016
    Deleted my post didn't mean to bring up a frowned upon topic
    Post edited by Daron Oshay on
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    There's a legit ticket broker underneath the "L" tracks that might have tix the day of the show. Risky, but a chance. Also, if you go to Muphy's Bar, Cubbie Bear, or some of the bars up/down Clark st, you might be able to get a ticket. Stub Hub is legit, but the prices are high. I would also check out Gold Coast Tickets website as well.
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073

muskydan said:

Lizard said:

LOL. Definitely don't want to stay by Midway. Pretty sure they meant they are going to the Days Inn on Diversey from Midway....much better that way.
    Yess... hahaha... on Diversey
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Brunch and an afternoon stroll with Jeff Tweedy. The stuff my dreams are made of.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options

Staying in roscoe village for the shows. Any good bars or restaurants in the area or nearby?

I've gotten some good info so far. Anyone else with any suggestions on must see attractions or activities while is Chicago from Friday-Monday?

I see the air and water show is going on? Is there a good free place to get a good vantage point of the Thunderbirds flying?
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Hey Kid. No easy place to see Air/Water show unless you hit the beach anywhere. Won't see the water show, but the air can be seen. Cloud cover is the key. If low clouds, Thunderbirds won't even fly. I recommend Lincoln Park Zoo. Free and the ape house is great. Parking cost, but entrance to the zoo is free. Also the "Bean" in milenium park (I live here and can't spell the damn thing) is pretty cool. The giant water fountains at each end with the graphics of faces is must-see at night. Have fun!
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 929
    This is getting real guys! Im on my way to LAX for Chicago as i type, one week from now this will all be history... epic PJ history!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,046
    It is coming up fast...at first I couldn't go, and now I can. So this is getting real for me!
    I will be traveling alone, so I hope to meet some cool peeps in the merch line on Monday!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31