Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    Oh damn. Member since 20th. Doh!
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    100 Pacer said:

from the 10c/PJ email:

*** Ticket sale dates for the stadium shows TBD. Ten Club will email pre-sale info to all eligible members in February. See eligibility info below.
    Eligibility: 
Members active as of Monday, January 18th are eligible for this ticket drawing and the stadium shows pre-sale drawing in February. New memberships and membership renewals purchased after that date are not considered eligible for either ticket drawing pre-sale.

Members who were active on Monday, January 18th but whose membership lapses before the next drawing in February, will not be eligible for that drawing.
    I was wrong. My bad.

my question is what if someones membership is up between the 18th and the lottery happens for Wrigley? If they can't get in the lottery because of that that seems very unfair to me.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    ehbacon said:

100 Pacer said:

from the 10c/PJ email:

*** Ticket sale dates for the stadium shows TBD. Ten Club will email pre-sale info to all eligible members in February. See eligibility info below.
    Eligibility: 
Members active as of Monday, January 18th are eligible for this ticket drawing and the stadium shows pre-sale drawing in February. New memberships and membership renewals purchased after that date are not considered eligible for either ticket drawing pre-sale.

Members who were active on Monday, January 18th but whose membership lapses before the next drawing in February, will not be eligible for that drawing.
    I was wrong. My bad.

my question is what if someones membership is up between the 18th and the lottery happens for Wrigley? If they can't get in the lottery because of that that seems very unfair to me.

As long as it doesn't lapse during that time it won't happen.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356
    ehbacon said:

100 Pacer said:

from the 10c/PJ email:

Eligibility: 

I was wrong. My bad.

They just have to renew before the drawing in that case.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Does anyone recall what the secondary prices were in 2013? You know, assuming I get shutout by the 10 club.

I plan on going to both shows, and I have no problem sitting in the 500s as everything behind home plate will be pretty much the same anyway. But I'm not paying $500 a ticket either.

I want to book flights now during the 3 year low, instead of being patient and having tickets in hand first. :)
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Does anyone recall what the secondary prices were in 2013? You know, assuming I get shutout by the 10 club.

I plan on going to both shows, and I have no problem sitting in the 500s as everything behind home plate will be pretty much the same anyway. But I'm not paying $500 a ticket either.

I want to book flights now during the 3 year low, instead of being patient and having tickets in hand first. :)

My friends got reserved seating a few hours before showtime for $75 each off the streets..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262

I bought a friend a ticket to Wrigley from a scalper a couple hours before the show. I think I paid $150. 3rd base side, outfield.
    I won reserved field level last time (Have a feeling that won't happen again this time around...)
    If you strike out on the lottery, don't buy anything in advance as StubHub, etc. will have crazy prices. Buy from a scalper outside the venue. You can def get in the door for under $200. I don't expect demand to be as high as the last time (two shows, been done before...) so I'd expect tickets to be cheaper.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mca47 said:

I bought a friend a ticket to Wrigley from a scalper a couple hours before the show. I think I paid $150. 3rd base side, outfield.
    I won reserved field level last time (Have a feeling that won't happen again this time around...)
    If you strike out on the lottery, don't buy anything in advance as StubHub, etc. will have crazy prices. Buy from a scalper outside the venue. You can def get in the door for under $200. I don't expect demand to be as high as the last time (two shows, been done before...) so I'd expect tickets to be cheaper.
    I'm thinking Monday is a cheap seat..right around face. Kids 1st day back to school for most of local area..Monday alone people bail.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I was thinking the same about Monday. If the lottery is set up with 1st and 2nd choice, I think choose Saturday as 1st choice as it might be easier to get tickets for Monday from the public on sale. Especially if the on sale times are the same for both.
  • Options
    On sale this week yeah? I think friday..
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    is it the tenth yet... next Wednesday

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options

Sure glad that Chicago didn't get the 2016 Olympics since that would make these Wrigley shows unlikely.

Not to mention the financial disaster in the Olympics aftermath. No thanks.

I'll gladly take PJ instead.
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 505
    So damned excited!!! Yes 2013 will always be special, but Eddie is going to want to make up for the delay.
  • Options
    hensodhensod Posts: 192
    I booked Congress Plaza Hotel 18th to 24th for 780 usd, now all i need is tickets :)
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Do you think they will have travel packages? Or with there being 2 shows spread over 3 days will that be unlikely? How soon after the presage did they announce packages? And am I opening up another can of worms that's going to make us all go crazy waiting for another announcement?
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited February 2016
    hensod said:

I booked Congress Plaza Hotel 18th to 24th for 780 usd, now all i need is tickets :)

Yup I'm there too at the Congress with my wife 19-23. Flying from Edmonton, AB!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    hensodhensod Posts: 192

hensod said:

If all falls in to pieces then we can hook up for a beer or two :) (Im going from Sweden)
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Can anyone give me an idea what time 10 Club ticket pickup was in 2013?
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 505
    I want to say it started in the afternoon, like 3 pm...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    Hoccapuk said:

I think it was even earlier than that. I feel like it was around noon....
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

Hoccapuk said:

I was happy with 3, but Noon is cool too. Thanks both of you.

• Options

Hoccapuk said:

Yeah, I think it was earlier, as my wife and I went from downtown to Wrigleyville early and got the tickets, and then went back downtown and hung out for the majority of the day.
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options
    hensod said:

hensod said:

If all falls in to pieces then we can hook up for a beer or two :) (Im going from Sweden)
    For sure! Would be cool!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365

Hoccapuk said:

For that show, they also had ticket pickups the day before the show. I picked my tickets up on Thursday.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

Hoccapuk said:

For that show, they also had ticket pickups the day before the show. I picked my tickets up on Thursday.
    Yeah, you're right! Now that makes sense. I think we picked up tickets and then went to the White Sox game that afternoon.
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    any suggestions on reasonable hotels in the city?

whats up with the south loop area? some reviews say it can be sketchy? easy access to public transit?
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    my2hands said:

any suggestions on reasonable hotels in the city?

whats up with the south loop area? some reviews say it can be sketchy? easy access to public transit?

I've stayed by the airport before for dirt cheap. Train to downtown from there.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited February 2016
    mca47 said:

Good idea. Just make sure whoever you're buying from is willing to validate your ticket with someone at the venue. There will be tons of fake tickets floating around for this show. Tons.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    ok so I just looked at the public transit to get to Wrigley but am a little confused

what is the best way to go from Rosemont/O'Hare to Wrigley?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

ok so I just looked at the public transit to get to Wrigley but am a little confused

what is the best way to go from Rosemont/O'Hare to Wrigley?

Blue Line train to Irving
    Then just hop on a bus to Wrigley.

Getting from Rosemont, to Wrigleyville or downtown is really no big deal.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....