Options

Got My Damaged Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros Vol. 1 Poster

Comments

• Options
    Just opened mine- 10c version. It's not horrible, but the same exact wrinkling/bent folding on one end as everyone else. Bummed as I really love the design and was excited to get this one. Just don't understand why the choice of no kraft paper for first time ever on something I've received from 10c.

Way more stressful stuff going on for me right now to worry too much about this, so I'll check back here when they're back Jan. 4 to see if maybe they'll do something for all of us that ordered before contacting them.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984

never buying another Ames print.....glad I started after the Fools Gold incident

Still don't get why the gold Transformers was such a big deal. If your order got cancelled I get being disappointed, but if you got the poster that you wanted, does it really matter if it's 100 or 300 copies? Even 600?
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632

never buying another Ames print.....glad I started after the Fools Gold incident

Still don't get why the gold Transformers was such a big deal. If your order got cancelled I get being disappointed, but if you got the poster that you wanted, does it really matter if it's 100 or 300 copies? Even 600?
    Many of the Golds showed up damaged as well
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    So is this an Ames problem or ten club problem. Or both? Sounds like no matter where it came from it was treated very carelessly.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Sad to see mine is also crushed and had a tear. Very disappointed.

Edit- poster tube was not crushed, just the poster inside.

Same with mine. The tube was fine.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    Sorry for everyone getting these. I always thought the "as is" thing on posters was stupid. A crinkled up art poster is literally useless, yet those packing them try to reject all responsibility. It doesn't make any sense, and it is terrible customer service. NO excuse for not even taping the end caps! Wtf????
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    At least the caps were taped on mine, albeit only one piece of tape was used. Didn't matter much as the poster was still crimped with a small rip at the edge. It was as if they put the poster in the very end and just slapped on the caps damaging the print in the process. No Kraft paper for me either and the rip should frame out but it still sucks. Funny, my scratch & dent mystery poster was shipped with care. Bombproof the ones that are already f'up and screw up on this one. Doesn't make sense!
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Didn't order one. Thankfully. This sounds like all posters came straight from Ames. I bet the 10c just served as another outlet for sales. This one will be interesting.
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,822
    edited December 2015
    My poster from Ames came undamaged but I was surprised that it had no craft paper around the poster and no tape over the end caps. For that shipping charge, secure shipping should b a no brainer
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

A crinkled up art poster is literally useless,

I mean, it depends on the level of crinkled to be considered useless. I guess if you re-sell/flip/trade posters is unacceptable.

Mine wasn't too different than the first post. Disappointing more care wasn't taken, but Its more work to complain at this point over something that I can still enjoy.

I ordered mine from Ames, it arrived with one end cap missing, poster slid all the way to the bottom, and crushed. Waiting to hear back.

Like this is probably the point of it being sucky. First post is deal with-able IMO.
  • Options

MedozK said:

Well I got a quick reply from 10C.

Hello,
    Under normal circumstances, there are no returns or exchanges for posters, however, this poster has no limit and is still available for purchase.
    If you'd like, you can send it back for a refund or exchange, but you will be responsible for return shipping.

Thanks
    10 Club

So, I really don't know what to do:
    A. I can throw it in the trash and eat the $33
    B. Send it back, costing me another $8, thus get this $25 poster for $41
    C. Get a refund for $25 and lose out shipping.

We messed up but you have to pay for it. Customer service at its best.
    This
  • Options
    come on 10C. take a one day course in customer service...you could learn A LOT.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    That's a silly comment.

One, it's a holiday. They aren't around to deal with this to see that's it's more widespread and not a couple of isolated incidents. Two, 10c is really good about making things right. They have pretty great customer service. Sure they've had problems with shipping or production, but for the most part when there is a real problem, they make it right.

Unfortunately, we won't get any more info until the new year.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I assume they will makes things right... seems like an ames packaging issue anyway... I wonder why ames suddenly changed their shipping methods?
  • Options
    TC is not good at customer service. They act like they are doing you a favor but in fact we are paying for goods and deserve to be treated betteR.
  • Options
    example?
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    My first and only attempt at trying to receive any sort of customer service from the 10C happened back in 2009. The Sigg water bottle had a terrible liner. I contacted 10C about the issue and they suggested I get in contact with Sigg directly.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I thought the way they replaced Backspacer/scuffed Vault 4s, replaced damaged 2014 Bootleg boxes and then w/o asking replaced them again with roomier ones have been really great examples in the past few years.
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    This is really sad what I'm seeing here for Ames. How hard is it to buy thicker tubes for safer transport? I mean come on! Also I've had trouble with the pvc type because they just tape the hell out of the ends but that ends up tearing and the poster is just open to the elements. I recommend a thick tube wtih caps, obviously, and sufficiently taped. The tubes they are currently using are embarrassing considering what they are shipping. They need to be AT LEAST twice as thick.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    edited December 2015
    I agree with Tim.
    FOUR PAGES of kvetching about these damaged posters is bordering on ridiculous.
    Yes, both Ames Bros. and Ten Club screwed up royally in the packaging of these posters.
    Whether it was due to overburdened shipping departments or perhaps a lame contractor they hired to package these, I am quite certain they will make amends to you after the holidays.
    Maybe some employees will even lose their jobs over this fiasco.
    But both businesses are currently closed for the holidays so please give it a rest.
    And realize that there are many, many REAL tragedies occurring all over this crazy world every second of every day so count your lucky stars.
    So, I wish for HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL (especially Ames Bros, Ten Club and Pearl Jam)!!!
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Mine was ordered through Ames and I had a slight bend in the corner. I felt bad until I saw these posts. Now I feel lucky. I'm sure a good frame job will hide the slight bend.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    No one said this was a serious issue, but simply pointing out that ordering from TC or Ames is always a joke. I could run the TC better. We aren't comparing this to ISIS or a tragedy.
  • Options
    Please take a DEEP breath everyone! Imagine a scenario where the usual crew is on vacation and your orders get processed by the 'B' team. Clearly someone inexperienced was involved here and I advise waiting for the official response before condemning entire groups of people.

So let's all take a collective step back until the New Year and we'll go from there. Sound good?
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    hedonist said:

I didn't realize that caps and tape were so short on supply.

Oh for the days when you got what you paid for.

Hope the OP and everyone else in a similar boat can get their business rectified.

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    I agree that it sucks to receive damaged or defective merchandise. However, the rare occasion that I had a problem with anything from the 10 Club, everything was handled in a timely and satisfactory manner.

There was a time when I had ordered a hooded 10 Club sweatshirt and they sent a Monkeywrench Records shirt instead. When I called them they said to just keep the MWR shirt and they would send the right one for free. They were very apologetic and professional.

I have faith that they can make everyone happy in the end.

Also, let's not forget the awesome work that they did with Vault #5 and that many of us even received them way ahead of schedule.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    dudeman said:

I agree that it sucks to receive damaged or defective merchandise. However, the rare occasion that I had a problem with anything from the 10 Club, everything was handled in a timely and satisfactory manner.

There was a time when I had ordered a hooded 10 Club sweatshirt and they sent a Monkeywrench Records shirt instead. When I called them they said to just keep the MWR shirt and they would send the right one for free. They were very apologetic and professional.

I have faith that they can make everyone happy in the end.

Also, let's not forget the awesome work that they did with Vault #5 and that many of us even received them way ahead of schedule.

I agree on most things their service is very good, but in this instance about posters... I have already heard back and this is their stance.

Hello,
    Under normal circumstances, there are no returns or exchanges for posters, however, this poster has no limit and is still available for purchase.
    If you'd like, you can send it back for a refund or exchange, but you will be responsible for return shipping.

Thanks
    10 Club

Not exactly real helpful.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Mine arrived today from Ames. No tape on the ends & no craft paper, but no noticeable damage while in the tube. Looks like I was lucky.

Hope that everyone can get a replacement.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    shecky said:

I agree with Tim.
    FOUR PAGES of kvetching about these damaged posters is bordering on ridiculous.
    Yes, both Ames Bros. and Ten Club screwed up royally in the packaging of these posters.
    Whether it was due to overburdened shipping departments or perhaps a lame contractor they hired to package these, I am quite certain they will make amends to you after the holidays.
    Maybe some employees will even lose their jobs over this fiasco.
    But both businesses are currently closed for the holidays so please give it a rest.
    And realize that there are many, many REAL tragedies occurring all over this crazy world every second of every day so count your lucky stars.
    So, I wish for HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL (especially Ames Bros, Ten Club and Pearl Jam)!!!

Well of course there are real tragedies in the world. I'm sure everyone knows that here on the PJ forum. We're not even close to comparing the 2.

Point being, on this forum, the issue at hand has to be voiced in some manner. If no one knows the problems people are having with their orders, it'll keep happening. I'd be pissed too. Especially if you drop $100+ on a poster...or 2.

So, I would also like to wish everyone a happy holiday, happy new year, and happy 2016 tour. ha
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Wow I haven't been reading the forums too closely lately and didn't realize so many people had the same issue with this poster that I had. I ordered mine from 10C and it arrived pretty much like MedozK's, so I sent them a polite request for a replacement and they politely offered a return instead. I think I'm going to take them up on it if my original shipping is also refunded, although I'd really prefer a replacement. Like everyone else, I'm just waiting for them to get back to work after the holidays.

Regarding the lack of kraft paper, I assumed it was because it's not needed since this isn't a lithograph printed with special inks and whatnot like most of their event "posters", but rather an actual glossy poster.

• Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Looks as though Ten Club still doesn't want to use fragile stickers on the tubes.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville