Options

Got My Damaged Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros Vol. 1 Poster

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited December 2015 in The Porch
Got mine yesterday from 10C. Popped the end cap off and this is what I found, wow :disappointed:

Crushed with a tear, I don't even want to take it out. :disappointed:

It says posters are sold "As-is", does this mean I just have to eat this, and take this as a loss? I have never had any bad poster shipments before.
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Ames shipping on the Mexico City AP was underwhelming. The caps were not even taped or secured. Luckily it arrived perfect.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Well I got a quick reply from 10C.

Hello,
    Under normal circumstances, there are no returns or exchanges for posters, however, this poster has no limit and is still available for purchase.
    If you'd like, you can send it back for a refund or exchange, but you will be responsible for return shipping.

Thanks
    10 Club

So, I really don't know what to do:
    A. I can throw it in the trash and eat the $33
    B. Send it back, costing me another $8, thus get this $25 poster for $41
    C. Get a refund for $25 and lose out shipping.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I don't want to be insensitive but wouldn't that just frame out?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Yikes! Looks like the cap jammed it all up. I'd return it and get yourself a clean copy, unless this frames out like Foxy said.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    FoxyRedLa said:

I think it will. It's just disappointing, the same kind of disappointed when you get a record in the mail and the corners are dinged up. It doesn't hurt the vinyl, but still disappointing.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    mine came from Ames and has the same type of "mark", although not as bad and no tear.
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    MedozK said:

Hello,
    Under normal circumstances, there are no returns or exchanges for posters, however, this poster has no limit and is still available for purchase.
    If you'd like, you can send it back for a refund or exchange, but you will be responsible for return shipping.

Thanks
    10 Club

We messed up but you have to pay for it. Customer service at its best.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    MedozK said:

FoxyRedLa said:

I think it will. It's just disappointing, the same kind of disappointed when you get a record in the mail and the corners are dinged up. It doesn't hurt the vinyl, but still disappointing.
    I understand. Disappointing for sure.

MedozK said:

Hello,

Thanks
    10 Club

Maybe cuz it's as is he has to pay shipping.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options

MedozK said:

Hello,

Thanks
    10 Club

That's not a great policy, and they know it. Clearly it was done during packing, not because of the mail service.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Saw a few pics yesterday on instagram, from different people, reflecting the same issue.
  • Options
    My poster came completely crushed from Ames. No caps on the tube at all. Sent them pics and an email yesterday. Still waiting for a response.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options

MedozK said:

Hello,

Thanks
    10 Club

That's not a great policy, and they know it. Clearly it was done during packing, not because of the mail service.
    Exactly. The hard line stance they take on that drives me bonkers. If it was obviously done through carelessness in packaging they should own up to it. The OP shouldn't have to cough up more money to get a clean copy of what he purchased.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I ordered mine from Ames, it arrived with one end cap missing, poster slid all the way to the bottom, and crushed. Waiting to hear back.

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I ordered mine from Ames, it arrived with one end cap missing, poster slid all the way to the bottom, and crushed. Waiting to hear back.

That DEFINITELY won't frame out!!!
    :anguished:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    I ran into the same problem with my Mad Season - Live at the Moore. It had a fairly large v shaped scratch on one side. They asked for pictures, I sent them, then they wanted me to ship the original back. That's about $15 to $20 on something I could buy locally for $30. I never bothered to ship it back.

It's too bad. The Lightning Bolt vinyl's were handled extremely well. Send an email, show a copy of your order, and they promptly shipped the replacement.

But yah I feel your pain. RMA'ing something with 10c is difficult and pricey :(
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I don't know what Ames' policy is, but this one would really put as-is to the test. Hopefully they hook you up.
  • Options

Wow! Sorry
  • Options
    Amazingly my poster arrived in tact and undamaged. I was shocked and horrified that there was no tape on either end cap. Looks like I got lucky. Except for the buyer's remorse....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,976
    Awful customer service by 10c. This is clearly their fault and should just ship out a replacement.

If they didn't have the monopoly on most of the mercy im sure their reaction would be a lot different.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    MedozK, depending on whether you want the poster, get a replacement. If not, $8 ain't too bad.
    lotsalemon, as far as the one crushed, if it was shipped priority, bring it to the post office. $50 insurance,order a new one, give the $8 to Medozk still ahead. Happy Happy Joy Joy
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945

Whoa! And double whoa on the tube used. The first I've seen from Ames Bros. All my Ames Bros prints have been shipped in white PVC or PVC like tubes. They are crash proof.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I wonder if they'd let you tear it up and send them a picture of the ripped up poster instead of sending it back??
    I know that in the past,
    they've asked people to break the damaged albums...
    and send pictures of their broken vinyl before sending out replacements copies!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    demetrios said:

Whoa! And double whoa on the tube used. The first I've seen from Ames Bros. All my Ames Bros prints have been shipped in white PVC or PVC like tubes. They are crash proof.
    Ouch, baby, very ouch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUil-Iu3n38
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    derbydave said:

I wonder if they'd let you tear it up and send them a picture of the ripped up poster instead of sending it back??
    I know that in the past,
    they've asked people to break the damaged albums...
    and send pictures of their broken vinyl before sending out replacements copies!

I would gladly do that.
  • Options
    My poster looks even worse than that. If I knew how to poster pictures on here, I'd post them. Poster completely flattened in the tube. I took it out and looks likes somebody crumpled it up like a newspaper and thrown under their arm. You get a poster from Emek and the thing is locked up, secured so tight a bomb couldn't blow it apart. Then there's this. Never had this before with Ames. Not happy.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Vol 2 is going to be a tough sell the way this is going
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Wow what a mess!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

My poster looks even worse than that. If I knew how to poster pictures on here, I'd post them. Poster completely flattened in the tube. I took it out and looks likes somebody crumpled it up like a newspaper and thrown under their arm. You get a poster from Emek and the thing is locked up, secured so tight a bomb couldn't blow it apart. Then there's this. Never had this before with Ames. Not happy.

Was it shipped by Ames or 10c?
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    'no end caps, no tape on the ends either? Yikes..... I decided to order the discounted book online last week instead of the collage poster from Ames. I'm hoping to make my own collage of posters using some of the book's pages. 'Sorry to hear about the unfortunate purchasing experience that some of you are having with the poster. I'm now cautiously optimistic that my book will arrive in pristine condition. The book was $15 and it's costing $19! to ship it snail mail to Buffalo - I'm assuming for $19 it will be wrapped in kevlar before being mailed :)
    Have a nice week everyone.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    question,,if you ask the refound..they will refound u i guess what u paid,right?
    i mean 25+ shipping..
    if yes,ask them to refound and re buy the poster..no need to lose money
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”