Options

Got My Damaged Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros Vol. 1 Poster

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159

question,,if you ask the refound..they will refound u i guess what u paid,right?
    i mean 25+ shipping..
    if yes,ask them to refound and re buy the poster..no need to lose money

oh..for get a refound,u need to return..so what i said cant happen
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148

question,,if you ask the refound..they will refound u i guess what u paid,right?
    i mean 25+ shipping..
    if yes,ask them to refound and re buy the poster..no need to lose money

I don't think they refund your shipping as part of the refund. Just the $25.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

My poster looks even worse than that. If I knew how to poster pictures on here, I'd post them. Poster completely flattened in the tube. I took it out and looks likes somebody crumpled it up like a newspaper and thrown under their arm. You get a poster from Emek and the thing is locked up, secured so tight a bomb couldn't blow it apart. Then there's this. Never had this before with Ames. Not happy.

Was it shipped by Ames or 10c?
    Ames
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    BF89905 said:

'no end caps, no tape on the ends either? Yikes..... I decided to order the discounted book online last week instead of the collage poster from Ames. I'm hoping to make my own collage of posters using some of the book's pages. 'Sorry to hear about the unfortunate purchasing experience that some of you are having with the poster. I'm now cautiously optimistic that my book will arrive in pristine condition. The book was $15 and it's costing $19! to ship it snail mail to Buffalo - I'm assuming for $19 it will be wrapped in kevlar before being mailed :)
    Have a nice week everyone.

No end caps. Not even evidence that there were caps on the end that were taped. Just open on both ends.
    You're batman!- George
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Do they have 12 year olds packing these tubes?
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Ames art work and their shipping practices get worse and worse every time I come on here it feels like. That one picture above is just a disgrace.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Mine arrived from Ames today at my wife's work. No end caps, but she says it looks OK. No excuse, but I wonder if these all were hurriedly packed and shipped to make it out in time for Christmas. Or so the respective staffs could leave early for the holidays.
  • Options
    Mine arrived from 10c with the same results. When did they quit sending paper to protect it?
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    I'm curious, were 10C and Ames shipped from one place?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    No paper liner? No tape on end caps?

Honestly, that's pathetic
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Ames :lol:
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    edited December 2015
    I wish I could post pictures of mine. There's creases ever inch of it. Never thought about it until reading these comments, but no paper liner/protector either. Also, it appears this poster is just a regular poster on thick paper, not the same ink quality of a silk screened poster. Love the look of it though. Still waiting for a response. Sounds like this whole thing is a fiasco.
    You're batman!- George
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Still waiting on mine to arrive from Ames. Hope it's in good shape!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    As is condition means that the item you are selling has flaws and the buyer is aware of the flaws and agrees to accept them as is when they make the purchase. In this case the ten club sold a poster in mint condition and then damaged it during packing. So they did not deliver it in as is condition unless they are trying to tell people the poster was crushed and ripped prior to it going on sale. They should eat the shipping and give the guy a new poster.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    If this is really the ten club policy they need to change the wording to say that they won't replace the item if it is damaged during shipping. The as is part is misleading and incorrect.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Ames Bros in general is a fiasco. They gotta fix something Bc clearly between this and the transformer massacre, they have some issues
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Yah what the hell happened mine showed up with the cap almost falling off. I've never received a poster from Ames like this in this shitty tube either. They usually use corrugated strong white poster tubes. I don't know if they are trying to save money now but these are unexceptable. You should never receive a poster like this from the artist. You pay extra for the best quality straight off the press. If u order a poster from EMEK it will show up 1000 percent perfect with tissue paper and free handbill usually foil handbills. I've never had a problem with Ames before but this has me concerned with future orders. The gold and chrom transformer posters had issues as well. The gold ones mostly were ok but the chrome posters seemed like the stack took a hit bottom right corner area. And they came with scratches. I don't know it's just unexceptable. I haven't heard back from Ames about this and was wondering why my Mexico City variant hasn't shipped and this last poster shipped so quickly.
    Pjdreamer
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    I received my Ames Mexico City AP already. As I said earlier, the tube was less than impressive. The caps were not secure and could have easily come off. Luckily the poster was safe and no defects. I was surprised because everyone used to praise their shipping. Sorry for all that received bad items.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    yup. shipping used to be better... and the tape glue would get you high... ahhh..the good old days
  • Options
    I got mine from Ames today and it was bent as well. Tube is too small. Plus I paid $10 for 2 day shipping and it took 13 days to get to me. This is why I never order anything from TC or Ames, it's always a fiasco and crappy service. Merry xmass everyone.
  • Options
    No craft paper... no tape... and too small tubes causing roll bends?

amateur hour
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    on2legs said:

As is condition means that the item you are selling has flaws and the buyer is aware of the flaws and agrees to accept them as is when they make the purchase. In this case the ten club sold a poster in mint condition and then damaged it during packing. So they did not deliver it in as is condition unless they are trying to tell people the poster was crushed and ripped prior to it going on sale. They should eat the shipping and give the guy a new poster.

Thank you. This makes perfect sense to me.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Can't you just destroy the poster instead of wasting money and sending it back? You can write your name on a piece of paper next to the ripped poster. BOOM! Saved you on shipping it back.
  • Options
    I was close to ordering, but I'll avoid based on the feedback. No Kraft paper or taping tube ends? Not cool.
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    on2legs said:

From a legal standpoint there is truth to this. But you have to fight back and stand up. Looks like there is a fundamental issue with shipping in this batch that 10c or Ames has to take responsibility for. Don't accept substandard service in the case of a monopoly; PJ didn't with Ticketmaster.
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    edited December 2015

I got mine like OP's. There was not tape on ends:( I'm adding my gripe to what's posted. With ridiculous postage prices, you should be able to have one shipped at no extra charge!
    Post edited by PJArtist on
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    MedozK said:

Got mine yesterday from 10C. Popped the end cap off and this is what I found, wow :disappointed:

Crushed with a tear, I don't even want to take it out. :disappointed:

It says posters are sold "As-is", does this mean I just have to eat this, and take this as a loss? I have never had any bad poster shipments before.

Deja vu.

Opened my poster, saw this exact image starting back at me...

Maybe use a little craft paper next time 10c??
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Mine ended up being dinged up and bent on the top corners. No rips, not as bad as MedozK, should frame out. But all in all pretty lame. Especially being signed by the artists and paying $15 for shipping. You'd think they would care more about their work and reputation as artists and a business.
  • Options
    Anything to save a buck.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    CM189191 said:

MedozK said:

Got mine yesterday from 10C. Popped the end cap off and this is what I found, wow :disappointed:

Crushed with a tear, I don't even want to take it out. :disappointed:

It says posters are sold "As-is", does this mean I just have to eat this, and take this as a loss? I have never had any bad poster shipments before.

Deja vu.

Opened my poster, saw this exact image starting back at me...

Maybe use a little craft paper next time 10c??
    would steam get it out
    thats a bummer