Jenner Woman of the Year

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2015
    dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

does bruce still have his penis & testicles?

You are not paying attention. It makes no difference. Do you know the difference between gender and sex?

Here, I will give you a hint.

http://www.med.monash.edu.au/gendermed/sexandgender.html
    Actually it does going by that link you posted…

In sociological terms 'gender role' refers to the characteristics and behaviours that different cultures attribute to the sexes. What it means to be a 'real man' in any culture requires male sex plus what our various cultures define as masculine characteristics and behaviours, likewise a 'real woman' needs female sex and feminine characteristics. To summarise:
    Sorry. I pasted the wrong thing....something I was looking at earlier.

This is more clear.

The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex (the anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics) from gender, which can refer to either social roles based on the sex of the person (gender role) or personal identification of one's own gender based on an internal awareness (gender identity).[1][2] In some circumstances, an individual's assigned sex and gender do not align, and the person may be transgender,[1] or intersex.

The sex and gender distinction is not universal. In ordinary speech, sex and gender are often used interchangeably.[3][4] Some dictionaries and academic disciplines give them different definitions while others do not.

Among scientists, the term sex differences (as compared to gender differences) is typically applied to sexually dimorphic traits that are hypothesized to be evolved consequences of sexual selection.[5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_gender_distinction
    Society has to make up our mind how to identify people
    Male, Female or Transgender
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    chadwick said:

dignin,
    thank you for your help in schooling me some

No problem, just trying to do my part to educate.

Though it will most likely fall on deaf ears.
  • Options
    Jesus.
    People are talking about this person like a bio science project.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    chadwick said:

bruce is a male not a female. he dresses as a woman. he may be feminine. he may take meds that enhance his breasts. dude's a guy w/ a samurai sword in his pocket. his innerness may feel womanly & that's fine & stuff. bruce isn't a full on woman at all & never will be. i am sorry but that's the way it is.

No one is arguing caitlyn is physically female....yet. Her name is caitlyn. It is by law. You are incorrect by continually calling her bruce. It isnt about you. It is about her.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    you are 100% correct, it is not about me at all. however im giving bruce/caitlyn a nickname... i'm choosing bob
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick, you make me smile/laugh like clockwork.

Thank you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited November 2015

chadwick said:

bruce is a male not a female. he dresses as a woman. he may be feminine. he may take meds that enhance his breasts. dude's a guy w/ a samurai sword in his pocket. his innerness may feel womanly & that's fine & stuff. bruce isn't a full on woman at all & never will be. i am sorry but that's the way it is.

Brace yourself for the volley of eggs and rotten tomatoes.
    I'm getting a bit sick of this line. Is that Victim thread still open?

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

You are not paying attention. It makes no difference. Do you know the difference between gender and sex?

In sociological terms 'gender role' refers to the characteristics and behaviours that different cultures attribute to the sexes. What it means to be a 'real man' in any culture requires male sex plus what our various cultures define as masculine characteristics and behaviours, likewise a 'real woman' needs female sex and feminine characteristics. To summarise:

This is more clear.

The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex (the anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics) from gender, which can refer to either social roles based on the sex of the person (gender role) or personal identification of one's own gender based on an internal awareness (gender identity).[1][2] In some circumstances, an individual's assigned sex and gender do not align, and the person may be transgender,[1] or intersex.

The sex and gender distinction is not universal. In ordinary speech, sex and gender are often used interchangeably.[3][4] Some dictionaries and academic disciplines give them different definitions while others do not.

Among scientists, the term sex differences (as compared to gender differences) is typically applied to sexually dimorphic traits that are hypothesized to be evolved consequences of sexual selection.[5][6]

Why?
    In free societies like ours, where all people have the rght to self-determination, people should only need to claim their own identity, and then that should be respected by the rest of us.
    I don't think most transgendered people think of themselves as a third gender, and i certainly don't either. They are simply men and women born with the wrong bodies.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    chadwick said:

why is it mostly straight guys who are SO obsessed with dicks?

It's never once occurred to me to even think about what the privates of famous women look like.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

Why?
    In free societies like ours, where all people have the rght to self-determination, people should only need to claim their own identity, and then that should be respected by the rest of us.
    I don't think most transgendered people think of themselves as a third gender, and i certainly don't either. They are simply men and women born with the wrong bodies.
    Sick of that line?

Can you please point out where it has been used lately? If you can... I'll formulate something else and admit to using something thats grown old.

If not... how about you check yourself? As tired as you might be of various items... do you think you are a breath of fresh air every time you enlighten us with your superior perspective?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Check myself? Are you joking?
    I don't think anything about that. I'm just here saying what I want to say just like everyone else, and I will keep on doing that. You have a problem with that it's yours, not mine.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think anything about that. I'm just here saying what I want to say just like everyone else, and I will keep on doing that. You have a problem with that it's yours, not mine.

No. It's obviously your problem. Go back and read your post.

I'm assuming you actually haven't heard 'what you are so tired of hearing' before? Because you haven't presented it. I understand it might not be word for word... but even something remotely close might offer some measure of credibility.

I think what you meant to say is that you are tired of people not being in full agreement mode with you.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

No. It's obviously your problem. Go back and read your post.

I'm assuming you actually haven't heard 'what you are so tired of hearing' before? Because you haven't presented it. I understand it might not be word for word... but even something remotely close might offer some measure of credibility.

I think what you meant to say is that you are tired of people not being in full agreement mode with you.
    Again someone mistaking debating or not agreeing with actual points for having some kind of mental problem related to not being agreed with in general. Again, no, that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I do not mind people disagreeing with me at all. I disagree with people all the time, so why would i have a problem with the same? I don't at all. I fous only on what is specifically being said, and respond any way i choose. No, what I meant was that I'm sick of the idea that those with whom many disagree with are somehow victims of persecution.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited November 2015
    I have more of an issue with her winning the ESPY for courage. For the record i think it took a lot of personal courage to come out but the college basketball player who played while dying should have won. That was just a ratings ploy by ESPN.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

They are simply men and women born with the wrong bodies.
    So we should just identify them as that? - "born with the wrong body"?
    Do you know how belittling that suggestion is?
    Male, Female or Transgender, simple.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

No, you identify them as whatever they with to be identified as.
    What's belittling? No idea what you mean. That transgendered people feel like they were born with the wrong body is basically the defining feature of being transgendered.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

What's belittling? No idea what you mean. That transgendered people feel like they were born with the wrong body is basically the defining feature of being transgendered.
    Your post is like trying to decipher the washroom sign that has three and a half people on it.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

Your post is like trying to decipher the washroom sign that has three and a half people on it.
    No idea why you think so. It's not a complicated concept.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    edited November 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

OK, so Bruce Jenner was a man, married, has kids and loves women and was heterosexual.

Now Bruce is Caitlyn, has boobs, his man parts, still loves women and is now a woman...

So is she a lesbian now?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

Why?
    Sick of that line?

Can you please point out where it has been used lately? If you can... I'll formulate something else and admit to using something thats grown old.

If not... how about you check yourself? As tired as you might be of various items... do you think you are a breath of fresh air every time you enlighten us with your superior perspective?
    "Standby for rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown your way."
    Direct quite from the Paris thread, and PJsoul is correct, this victim sentiment is becoming a common theme.

Also, as usual, your posting style could easily be seen as passive-aggressive insulting.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

OK, so Bruce Jenner was a man, married, has kids and loves women and was heterosexual.

Now Bruce is Caitlyn, has boobs, his man parts, still loves women and is now a woman...

So is she a lesbian now?
    I don't know any specifics about her, nor do I care to. The point is that she is who ever she wants to be. Whatever she wants to identify as is who she is. We don't need to put a label on her.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    jenner is a caveman, yes/no?
    jenner is a purple unicorn, yes/no?
    jenner is a smurf, yes/no?
    jenner is the number five, yes/no?
    like prince/the artist formerly known as prince, jenner's name is a symbol, yes/no?
    jenner is a giraffe, yes/no?
    'sasquatch', is the title jenner gave his stuff, yes/no?

don't worry there's more to come in a bit

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

Why?
    Sick of that line?

"Standby for rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown your way."
    Direct quite from the Paris thread, and PJsoul is correct, this victim sentiment is becoming a common theme.

Also, as usual, your arrogant, aggrandizing posting style is insulting.
    Not by me... it was also made 'after' my comment and it directly referenced my comment (pointing out the same thing). You likely never noticed "as someone stated before good luck" directly preceding what you quoted.

So, it still stands as something less frequently stated than charged. Good try though.

Aw shucks, eh?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?
    I don't know. Who cares? I don't see how that makes any difference.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?
    Why comment if you don't care then?

I thought it was an interesting question to ask...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?

I think part of the point is that we as a society seem to have this obsession with labelling everything, which is part of the problem. are you hetero? homo? bi?

how about "I'm just me"?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?

Because my comment has a point. That is doesn't matter whether she likes guys or gals.
    It's a moot question (and also one that was already brought up earlier in the thread, but I realize you may not have caught that).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?

Because my comment has a point. That is doesn't matter whether she likes guys or gals.
    It's a moot question (and also one that was already brought up earlier in the thread, but I realize you may not have caught that).
    Nope. Started on this thread in page 4.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?

I think part of the point is that we as a society seem to have this obsession with labelling everything, which is part of the problem. are you hetero? homo? bi?

how about "I'm just me"?

No, we have a gutless society that placates to the extreme minority. Transgender is not normal. We don't have an obsession with labeling. We just know that people are born male and female. Whether one has a chemical imbalance in the brain shouldn't add a third gender type.

Are people like Jenner bad people? No, of course not. Should they be treated with respect? Of course. But should society have to adapt to them based on their decisions about their bodies? I don't think so.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,734
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?

how about "I'm just me"?

No, we have a gutless society that placates to the extreme minority. Transgender is not normal. We don't have an obsession with labeling. We just know that people are born male and female. Whether one has a chemical imbalance in the brain shouldn't add a third gender type.

Are people like Jenner bad people? No, of course not. Should they be treated with respect? Of course. But should society have to adapt to them based on their decisions about their bodies? I don't think so.
    Are not "normal" and "abnormal" labels as well? And what is normal or abnormal anyway? I've never understood that nor care.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

This is more clear.

So is she a lesbian now?

how about "I'm just me"?

Kinda like how being gay isn't normal? I wouldn't expect a post like this in 2015......blast from the past man.