Options

Paris Attacks

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994

Jason P said:

Germany - Netherlands game cancelled after police chief says an explosive device intended for detonation was found in the stadium

businessinsider.com/germany-netherlands-game-stadium-being-evacuated-2015-11

Did this just go over everybody's head?

This is kind of serious. Dontcha think?
    Reports are now that no explosives were found.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631

Jason P said:

Germany - Netherlands game cancelled after police chief says an explosive device intended for detonation was found in the stadium

Scary. Did France have around 100 raids the last few days? There must be thousands and thousands of terrorists living in Europe. How many soccer games are going to have to be canceled if thousands of people are ready to blow stuff up?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I am not surprised that this happened in Hannover. It doesn't mean that it's not frightening.

This soccer game was announced to stand against terror - they said they won't let the terrorists stop that game or anything else or arouse fears in our country. Then they announced that persons of government etc will be there to show the terrorists that we will not cancel the game and all stand together....
    So wasn't it clear that someone would call and say there would be a bomb ?

It's getting damn serious now... and we can't say it's far away
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited November 2015
    "Drilling for fear makes the job simple."

Republicans are sooo happy this fell into their laps.

Imagine saying Syrian Christians can come but not Syrian Muslims. Oh boy. Doesn't seem to be all constitutional now does it.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    First time in my life that I am worried about safety here in Germany!!! Fuck
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Kat said:

The level of hysteria being stirred up for personal gain is shameful...more than shameful. I can't call names though. Keeping a calm head when things around us are so bad is one of the best things we can do.

Not sure where you live but it's not bad here. Thinking it's bad EVERYWHERE is hysteria...
    If you get on Facebook and Twitter you will see, it's bad everywhere. All the toothless yokels of this country, and worse, the Trump supporters, are disseminating Islamophobia like crazy. Read the comments on any online article about refugees, it's bad.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Has anyone else noted that the core of anti-refugee sentiment is the notion that American lives are inherently more valuable than Syrian lives? It's insane, and it's so widespread I am starting to feel as embarassed to be an American as I was in '01 to '08.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    If people just would understand that the refugees are leaving their homes and family and country because of the terrorists.
    I am involved with that subject since almost one year now and I take care of a family from Syria.
    They have gone through so much shit you can't even imagine and they run away from war!
    They just had to give up their normal life because of this fucking Is is shit!
    Sorry for my bad words but I just can't hear more of that bullshit connect refugees with Is is terrorists ...

I only hope that no one of us or these anti-refugee peps have to go through something like this. And if so we hopefully will find a few other people on this planet who will help us get out of it!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited November 2015
    Kat said:

That would definitely be hysteria...kind of like thinking ALL refugees are ISIS...and some people are acting like they are. I'm having trouble containing my anger about the reaction to this tragic event by some of our so-called leaders and those who aspire to lead us. It's embarrassing, to say the least. Let me put it this way. I ain't afraid of no ghosts...and I'm certainly not afraid of refugees. Some people need a backbone. We're America and we can handle this situation without fear-mongering. I see great strength in the French as they handle this. Solidarity.

I'm feeling the same, to the point where I am actively avoiding the subject for the most part. To see so many people see a tragedy like this, and their first reaction is to immediately turn around and point at the most vulnerable people possible as their scape goat. It's making me so mad that I've had to mostly extract myself from the debate ... worried I'm going to start calling people bad names and shit, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kce8 said:

If people just would understand that the refugees are leaving their homes and family and country because of the terrorists.
    I am involved with that subject since almost one year now and I take care of a family from Syria.
    They have gone through so much shit you can't even imagine and they run away from war!
    Sorry for my bad words but I just can't hear more of that bullshit connect refugees with Is is terrorists ...

I only hope that no one of us or these anti-refugee peps have to go through something like this. And if so we hopefully will find a few other people on this planet who will help us get out of it!

This is an important perspective.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    JimmyV said:

Jason P said:

Reports are now that no explosives were found.
    CNN reported that the police said "concrete evidence of a planned attack" on the stadium, and that also a device was found in a nearby train station. not sure if that was verified or not.

closing borders to people in need is exactly what these people want. mass hysteria, followed by racist-themed injunctions, making it inevitible that some of those affected take up the cause.

imagine if Canada said "no more jews" until we figure out what to do about Israel and Palestine. Seriously, think about that.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    from cnn.com:

The soccer stadium wasn't the only place in Hannover where people were worried about their safety. Hannover police posted on their Facebook page Tuesday night that they were examining a suspicious item in the area of the central train station. After partially evacuating the station, police determined that item was not an explosive.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278

kce8 said:

the most important perspective. it's crazy that these so called leaders think by letting refugees in here that ISIS is going to setup shop on every corner in every town in America. the fear and irrationality is exactly the response terrorists are looking for.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

kce8 said:

the most important perspective. it's crazy that these so called leaders think by letting refugees in here that ISIS is going to setup shop on every corner in every town in America. the fear and irrationality is exactly the response terrorists are looking for.
    Exactly!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    pjhawks said:

kce8 said:

Fear and irrationality is also what puts people into power.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427

Kat said:

The level of hysteria being stirred up for personal gain is shameful...more than shameful. I can't call names though. Keeping a calm head when things around us are so bad is one of the best things we can do.

Not sure where you live but it's not bad here. Thinking it's bad EVERYWHERE is hysteria...
    Shes talking about the people who are crazy over the thought of having refugees in their states not where she lives uhgg ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited November 2015
    This was pretty heartwarming

A father and son have the most precious conversation during an interview by french media at the scene of the Bataclan attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_5QlLQQH8

Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    dignin said:

A father and son have the most precious conversation during an interview by french media at the scene of the Bataclan attacks

https://www.facebook.com/jrous92/videos/10156190732035487/

Thank you dignin !
    imageimage" />
  • Options
    The false explosives in Hanover could be a method to test the Germans TTPs, but hey what do I know?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    dignin said:

dignin said:

i saw this.Very nice

• Options
    kce8 said:

dignin said:

https://www.facebook.com/jrous92/videos/10156190732035487/

Thank you dignin !
    imageimage" />
    That kids face damn near brought a tear to this mans eye.......damn near!
  • Options
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,299
    related. thought stereotypes were based in some kind of truth no matter how small? this one is clearly shattered.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/muslim-woman-allegedly-attacked-toronto-1.3322298
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dignin said:

"Pour protege"

I truly hope no one denigrates this, what with the mention of flowers and all. Consider the sentiment in its simplicity.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Dad did well there. Really well.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

dignin said:

"Pour protege"

I truly hope no one denigrates this, what with the mention of flowers and all. Consider the sentiment in its simplicity.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

hedonist said:

dignin said:

"Pour protege"

Clearly this child has been brought up with zero hate or misguiding towards fellow people.
    Can't say the same of the children born who became the people responsible for these attacks.
    People become radicalized without, or even in spite of, parental influence.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonist said:

dignin said:

"Pour protege"

So sweet.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com