Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

^^^absolutely nothing against soldiers, I have a great deal of respect for soldiers past and present. Using soldiers to support the argument against what this fellow did is not necessary, soldiers fought for freedom and rights of many different nations, kind of a tired line ... People are entitled to have varying opinions about the athem incident.

I wasn't really using it to support it fully just pointing out that the anthem to our flag is how all fallen soldiers are remembered and the present ones serve under.
    It is not a tired line when any jackass can desecrate it.
    Time and place never forget.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,765

PJ_Soul said:

I don't give a shit if he changed the words to the anthem. It honestly never even occurred to me to be bothered by that part. I am offended only by the whole "all lives matter" bullshit.

So you do not agree that it should simply be "all lives matter"?
    Obviously not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^^
    So I asked someone in another thread and they dodged/didn't answer.
    Do you fully support and agree with what BLM states on their website?

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.
  • Options

^^^
    So I asked someone in another thread and they dodged/didn't answer.
    Do you fully support and agree with what BLM states on their website?

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

I have no problem with the statement - i at least underatand why they make that statement or feel the need to - but really I just think the "all lives matter" thing is disgusting. It is so insultingly dismissive of what I acknowledge as a crisis for black people in the US.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    ^^^
    This racist movement is starting to infect Canada too. Once a fringe group? Bullshit.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/black-lives-matter-meeting-with-wynne-tory-grows-heated/article30934150/

Black Lives Matter, once a fringe activist group, has converted growing public awareness into meetings with high-ranking officials. A pair of recent high-profile shootings of black men by police in the United States has galvanized supporters and reignited public debate about racism in Canada.

I want to be uncivil,” yelled one person in attendance, cutting off Ms. Wynne as she wrapped up her remarks. “I’m not angry, I’m disappointed. Do your job.”

blah, blah shut up

Every life matters.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

lukin2006 said:

^^^absolutely nothing against soldiers, I have a great deal of respect for soldiers past and present. Using soldiers to support the argument against what this fellow did is not necessary, soldiers fought for freedom and rights of many different nations, kind of a tired line ... People are entitled to have varying opinions about the athem incident.

I wasn't really using it to support it fully just pointing out that the anthem to our flag is how all fallen soldiers are remembered and the present ones serve under.
    It is not a tired line when any jackass can desecrate it.
    Time and place never forget.
    well then knock yourself out wrapping yourself around the flag while singing the national anthem (just google for the correct version)...

I'll remember our soldiers in my way...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    ^^^
    Well I hope you have the decency to stand when played.
  • Options
    ^^^dude, just chill, maybe smoke a fattie.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options

^^^

I think my eyes just rolled up behind my brain.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^

Well at least it's a short roll. :smile:

What do you do? Sit in protest?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

^^^

Well at least it's a short roll. :smile:

What do you do? Sit in protest?
    In protest of what? What are you imagining I am against now?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Liberals pay $33 million to stay in F-35 program, despite promise not to buy it

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/liberals-pay-33-million-to-stay-in-f-35-program-despite-promise-not-to-buy-it-388308302.html

Hey it's only money ... to bad daddy didn't teach junior math skills.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    lukin2006 said:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/liberals-pay-33-million-to-stay-in-f-35-program-despite-promise-not-to-buy-it-388308302.html

To me that more sounds like they are changing their minds about buying the F-35 (and financially benefiting) but aren't admitting it because it's not what they promised during the campaign.
  • Options
    Junior doesn't know what he's doing ... probably trying to see how he can alleviate Germany of some of those potential Merkel voters and bring them to Canada to be liberal voters.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

To me that more sounds like they are changing their minds about buying the F-35 (and financially benefiting) but aren't admitting it because it's not what they promised during the campaign.
    Ok. Makes sense.
    Any other radical liberal wouldn't agree.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Kelly McParland: Ontarians face a heavy price for Liberal-crafted budget noose

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/kelly-mcparland-ontarians-face-a-heavy-price-for-liberal-crafted-budget-noose

And these crooked radical liberals just keep borrowing and stealing from onterrible taxpayers.

• Options
    Who is a radical liberal?? Seriously, this "radical" label is being grievously misused.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Who is a radical liberal?? Seriously, this "radical" label is being grievously misused.

The crooks running Ontario ...

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You personally are not a radical liberal in any way, shape or form whatsoever.
    I love how you secretly love Trump.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What makes them radical?? Nothing.
  • Options

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nothing what?

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nothing what?
    Nothing makes the radical. They are just the usual idiotic mainstream politicians.
  • Options
    I prefer radical ... or I could call her the most vile premier in Ontario's history.

• Options
    Of course many consider Mike Harris the most vile ... so who really knows, there all vile.

• Options
    ^^^
    Yes the vile of radlibs is purely that.

• Options

^^^

Pjfan ... be careful with that terminology around these, it's not much appreciated by some, I called the premier of Ontario a radical liberal and it wasn't appreciated ... I just wish someone could explain how the Ontario Liberal POS government is not radical ... this is the same government that's introducing cap n trade tax and will be burying it in our home heating bills instead of a separate line on the bill and be taxing it, a tax on a tax ... dumbass voters of Ontario.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 said:

^^^

Pjfan ... be careful with that terminology around these, it's not much appreciated by some, I called the premier of Ontario a radical liberal and it wasn't appreciated ... I just wish someone could explain how the Ontario Liberal POS government is not radical ... this is the same government that's introducing cap n trade tax and will be burying it in our home heating bills instead of a separate line on the bill and be taxing it, a tax on a tax ... dumbass voters of Ontario.
    c'mon ... I'm not a fan of this liberal gov't either in Ontario but vile!? ... i would say more incompetent than vile ...
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

^^^

I was more concerned about his grammar. But yeah, I do now know what you mean by radical. Whatever comes from left of the Conservatives and is something that sucks in your opinion.
  • Options
    Well their are radical conservatives...governing should be about balance not personal agendas, which is exactly my problem with government today ... I don't support any political party, would never vote for these vile piece of shit politicians...they leech off the productivity of others and sit their fucking ivory tower and preach and dictate ... fuck them piece of scum. But I feel particularly glad I'm a Canadian and I don't have to have those arrogant politicians in the states running this country...