Canadian Politics Redux

1237238239240241243»

Comments

• erebuserebus Posts: 519
    those prosthetics are ridiculous
    Come on, that cannot be real. I was waiting for the Candid Camera angle to be revealed, or some kind of set up of the media. 
    Shaking my head, sadly this is where society is going (both sides going too far)
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St.Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • static111static111 Posts: 3,993
    That is ridiculous
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,554
    the school won't touch it due to human rights concerns. jeezus. so I can go to work with a gigantic dildo in my pants and have no fear of consequence?
    And this is the issue we're faced with.  

I think I mentioned this a while back but when you compare it to say the turban on the motorcycle.  Provincially we've juggled it for years... decades even.  And it's been at times Liberals saying "No" (a perceived risk to human rights) and Conservatives saying "Yes" (a perceived win for human rights and religious freedom) 

Stuff like this to me is an opportunity for conversation and a stress test for our society.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 33,223
    Parksy said:
    the school won't touch it due to human rights concerns. jeezus. so I can go to work with a gigantic dildo in my pants and have no fear of consequence?
    And this is the issue we're faced with.  

I think I mentioned this a while back but when you compare it to say the turban on the motorcycle.  Provincially we've juggled it for years... decades even.  And it's been at times Liberals saying "No" (a perceived risk to human rights) and Conservatives saying "Yes" (a perceived win for human rights and religious freedom) 

Stuff like this to me is an opportunity for conversation and a stress test for our society.
    turban on a motorcycle is dumb to me. law is law. religious freedom isn't freedom from logic and public safety. same goes for turban on an RCMP. the hat is part of the uniform. when I was a christian, if I worked in an environment where jewelry was a) either a hazard or b) not part of the uniform, damn rights I put that cross away. 
    I think I'll move to Australia

• dignindignin Posts: 9,296
    So PP doesn't want an investigation into who put an incel tag on all his YouTube videos.

Wonder why?
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,554

This is just the beginning of the "Yeah, but.."  between Pierre and Trudeau.  

Trudeau panders far too much to the far left via virtue signaling while behind closed doors being a huge hypocritical D-Bag and he'll get called out for it. 

Pierre panders far too much to the far right via dog whistling while behind closed doors being a huge hypocritical D-Bag and he'll get called out for it. 

In the end to me it boils down to the idea that both politicians are crooked, greasy, sniveling liars who will do or say whatever it takes for political power. 

But if you're having to choose between a fellow who pretends to be nice to cater to those who want nice as opposed to someone who pretends to be an asshole to cater to those who are assholes...  who is better in the long run?  We have an example in the south in the form of Donald Trump who has essentially made it completely normal to be a super fucking doosh right out there in the open. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 33,223
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/xi-trudeau-accusations-leak-media-1.6653134

since when does a PM disclose private conversations with another head of state? I don't buy it. I think he wanted to posture, not "be open with Canadians". let's be real. when has he regularly practiced transparency with canadians?
    I think I'll move to Australia