Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,496
    dignin said:
    He is only doing this to change his 16% approval rating…lmfao.
    So you admit cracking down on the insurgents is a popular move?

Worst insurgency ever, lol! Instead of storming the seat of government they hold dance parties! The horror…the horror…
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    dignin said:

Worst insurgency ever, lol! Instead of storming the seat of government they hold dance parties! The horror…the horror…
    Guess you missed the latest news. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Yes, I saw your post. As I’ve said, we’re setting new standards, so we’ll see how this goes. Who knows how many weapons were on site at the railroad blockades? We’ll never know now, obviously.

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Yes, I saw your post. As I’ve said, we’re setting new standards, so we’ll see how this goes. Who knows how many weapons were on site at the railroad blockades? We’ll never know now, obviously.
    Your defense is a hypothetical. You have to know you're on really weak ground.

It's time to distance yourself from these extremists. 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

The other night I was told I was normalizing anti-Semitism and racism because I wasn’t going to paint the entire group based on the actions of a couple/few participants. This whole thing has gotten far out of hand, primarily spurred on by a Prime Minister that has shown no interest in actually uniting people (his idea of unison is apparently his way or the hiway). This whole mess actually lands directly at his feet, actually, unless members of his own caucus are lying (Trudeau I guess (?) deserves credit for not calling the stories fake news).

As long as people want to force a medication into others (by pressure or force) I will always stand against that. But I’m not supposed to mention the very limited effectiveness of said medication.

I’ll guess you missed my post earlier where I said I didn’t know what to think about these protesters anymore. Expecting them to be treated and judged by the same standards as previous protests isn’t allowed anymore. One group in Alberta isn’t necessarily representative of the Ottawa group, tempting as it may be to link the two.

I guess the Caledon blockade that’s been going for years is the next one to take down? Having the head of Ryerson on a pike tells me that group is likely to be violent.

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

It just occurred to me I’ve watched sections of my city shut down for basically a week now based entirely on hypotheticals that don’t come to pass, and they’re labeled a successful intervention.

Life really has turned into a Monty Python sketch.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

The other night I was told I was normalizing anti-Semitism and racism because I wasn’t going to paint the entire group based on the actions of a couple/few participants. This whole thing has gotten far out of hand, primarily spurred on by a Prime Minister that has shown no interest in actually uniting people (his idea of unison is apparently his way or the hiway). This whole mess actually lands directly at his feet, actually, unless members of his own caucus are lying (Trudeau I guess (?) deserves credit for not calling the stories fake news).

As long as people want to force a medication into others (by pressure or force) I will always stand against that. But I’m not supposed to mention the very limited effectiveness of said medication.

I’ll guess you missed my post earlier where I said I didn’t know what to think about these protesters anymore. Expecting them to be treated and judged by the same standards as previous protests isn’t allowed anymore. One group in Alberta isn’t necessarily representative of the Ottawa group, tempting as it may be to link the two.

I guess the Caledon blockade that’s been going for years is the next one to take down? Having the head of Ryerson on a pike tells me that group is likely to be violent.
    The vaccine went from 90% to 95% efficacy to it MAY prevent serious illness.  The only reason I took it was to get life back to normal…we now know that was a big lie…never again will I take that vaccine.

and despite what I may have thought or said…I always reserve to change my mind..

apparently liberals always know from the get go so they never have to change their mind…

remember these are same people who defend a racist pm and homophobe Neil Young who ignorantly spread misinformation about HIV just because they like them…there is no rhyme nor reason…lack of ethics.

Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    edited February 2022
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

The vaccine went from 90% to 95% efficacy to it MAY prevent serious illness.  The only reason I took it was to get life back to normal…we now know that was a big lie…never again will I take that vaccine.

and despite what I may have thought or said…I always reserve to change my mind..

apparently liberals always know from the get go so they never have to change their mind…

remember these are same people who defend a racist pm and homophobe Neil Young who ignorantly spread misinformation about HIV just because they like them…there is no rhyme nor reason…lack of ethics.

Evidently the vacccine causes brain damage.  Too bad the concept of virus mutation is too difficult to grasp.  

Folks - this is a case study in why a little information is so dangerous to some people.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Shocker they found guns in Alberta.  Hoe many farms in Alberta?  Every fucking farmer in Alberta had guns, just like any province…at least you know your province, jethro.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    The silver lining to this trucker convoy is that it has brought a few more posters to the Canadian Politics thread :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I’ll listen to Canadian civil liberties before I’d ever listen to the opinion of cult followers of a racist cult…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It's okay guys. Everyone has guns, nothing to see here.

Every farmer has handguns, bulletproof vests, high capacity magazines and machetes.

Perfectly normal protesting behaviour. Perfectly peaceful, Jethro.
  • Options
  • Options
    Albert has hoe farms? What’s Calgary like in February?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I’ll listen to Canadian civil liberties before I’d ever listen to the opinion of cult followers of a racist cult…
    I watched his speech this afternoon waiting for him to justify this overreach. All he did is say the same things that have been said about many other groups of protesters over the years.

Thank God music still works to forget about the asshat PM (he stopped being my PM when he told us the current protesters were holders of wrongthought.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    I've always found it odd people saying "not my president" or "not my pm". even when it was trump, it sounded very whiny to me. yes, he IS your prime minister, whether you like it or not. you live in canada, he is the PM of canada. ergo he is your pm. I don't recall ever saying that harper wasn't my prime minister just because I thought he was an out of touch misogynist POS. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I've always found it odd people saying "not my president" or "not my pm". even when it was trump, it sounded very whiny to me. yes, he IS your prime minister, whether you like it or not. you live in canada, he is the PM of canada. ergo he is your pm. I don't recall ever saying that harper wasn't my prime minister just because I thought he was an out of touch misogynist POS. 

Yes, in a legal sense his is my PM, but he doesn’t speak for me anymore (I’m a nation of one, lol!), and is a straight up embarrassment to me. I have tried to give him chance after chance to show he’s not the narcissistic blowhard he presents as, but he’s proven me wrong every time.

He says he’s not calling in the military, but can we give that statement any credibility given his history of flip flopping when it suits his purposes (the current issue of vaccine mandates being a prime example).

• Options

Yes, in a legal sense his is my PM, but he doesn’t speak for me anymore (I’m a nation of one, lol!), and is a straight up embarrassment to me. I have tried to give him chance after chance to show he’s not the narcissistic blowhard he presents as, but he’s proven me wrong every time.

He says he’s not calling in the military, but can we give that statement any credibility given his history of flip flopping when it suits his purposes (the current issue of vaccine mandates being a prime example).
    What options does the federal govt have to break down the protest, short of emergency powers?
  • Options
    Do you mean the media that received 650 million from the racist tyrant? And the media is currently asking for more money, conducted a poll that spun the narrative in the tyrant's direction...shocker, I tell you I was shocked...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What options does the federal govt have to break down the protest, short of emergency powers?
    Apparently our federal police force isn’t allowed to enforce local or provincial laws unless contracted to do so. (This makes no sense to me and flies in the face of what I was taught when I briefly studied law enforcement at college.) This will give them jurisdiction apparently, and allow Trudeau’s cabinet to act without seeking authorization from the legislature (dangerous for a minority government).

One of the worst parts of this has been that apparently when people actually engage in discussion with the protesters progress can be made. But “our” “leader” ruled that out before anyone pulled into town. And now this.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Have you ever thought of listening to what experts in these sorts of issues in Canada have to say? Not just journalists? This guy is a good start There is currently there are another protest in Canada, one is blocking a critical pipeline...but that's fine??? Blocking shit is what Canadians do when they get riled. This is not new. Strikes/illegal Strikes/blockades are all part of who we are as Canadian...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Apparently our federal police force isn’t allowed to enforce local or provincial laws unless contracted to do so. (This makes no sense to me and flies in the face of what I was taught when I briefly studied law enforcement at college.) This will give them jurisdiction apparently, and allow Trudeau’s cabinet to act without seeking authorization from the legislature (dangerous for a minority government).

One of the worst parts of this has been that apparently when people actually engage in discussion with the protesters progress can be made. But “our” “leader” ruled that out before anyone pulled into town. And now this.
    So I’m not clear… there are no tools short of emergency powers or there are?

And what’s to discuss?  You can’t give them anything close to their demands.  That’s simply not an option.  Otherwise you’re straight into mob rules.  
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 559

Yep, your typical everyday farmer guns

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    erebus said:

Yep, your typical everyday farmer guns

Let me know if they are legal?  Of course, groups can infiltrate a protest that grows to that size.  Guns are guns...I'm sure many of those farmers had legal guns with them as well...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 559
     Guns are guns...I'm sure many of those farmers had legal guns with them as well...”

You kind of answered your own question there
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    Trudeau has negotiated with protestors.  A few years back Marc Miller negotiated with indigenous groups to end an indigenous rail blockade...so there is precedence.  To answer protestors' calls for an end to government overreach by adding more government overreach is laughable.

Blockade continues despite 'modest progress' made in talks between federal minister and Tyendinaga Mohawk | CBC News
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Trudeau has negotiated with protestors.  A few years back Marc Miller negotiated with indigenous groups to end an indigenous rail blockade...so there is precedence.  To answer protestors' calls for an end to government overreach by adding more government overreach is laughable.

Blockade continues despite 'modest progress' made in talks between federal minister and Tyendinaga Mohawk | CBC News
    We're setting the new precedent at the moment.  If there's any consolation, now that they're turning back foreign actors at the border, no more visits (and stern lectures) from Greta!  Oh wait, she's with the righteous, lol.