Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    dignin said:
    If I tried to cross the border into the states and told them the purpose of my visit was to engage in illegal activity you really think they would let me in?

Where is the common sense here.

I thought conservatives were all about the rule of law?
    Both Conservatives and Liberals are no longer 'about' anything I find.  They change their positions and policies whenever it suits them politically that week.  That said... Conservatives tend to do this much more than Liberals which is why their caucus is a dumpster fire.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Parksy said:
    I've always found it odd people saying "not my president" or "not my pm". even when it was trump, it sounded very whiny to me. yes, he IS your prime minister, whether you like it or not. you live in canada, he is the PM of canada. ergo he is your pm. I don't recall ever saying that harper wasn't my prime minister just because I thought he was an out of touch misogynist POS. 

Bingo.  I equate all this anti-Trudeau stuff to a team banging their sticks against the boards instead of swallowing their pride and getting to the handshake line. 
    I believe the word you are looking for to describe such people is, ironically, Snowflakes. They cannot handle losing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

Try and  get almost 75% of people in any large country to agree on anything.

These asshats are uniting Canada, against them.

Good job, keep it up.
    Pretty much an equal number blame Trudeau for being exacerbator prime, don't leave that part out. 

I'm still holding this group (the Ottawa protestors) to the same standards I've seen applied to other,  more politically correct protests. Today a statue was toppled and covered in paint in Vancouver. No fear or word of arrests from Lisa Laflamme, I wonder why? Imagine the reaction if such an act occurred in Ottawa. 
    It sounds like you care more for a statue than you do for the citizens of Ottawa who have been terrorized for going on 3 weeks.

I simply want the same anger shown towards the Ottawa protesters (before they even arrived) shown towards this group, and all other riotous groups. I guess those FN women had the good sense to illegally pull down a statue of a dead white guy with an imperfect past. Read that how you will.
    Wanting equality means equal circumstances.  These circumstances are not equal.  There are many facets to every situation...  but in general you should be able to look at mitigating and litigating circumstances.  Cause and effect. 

Indigenous people protesting where some destroy or deface a statue out of anger against the church and that state who actively and willingly committed genocide against their people. 

Their cause is an egregious one (in my opinion), and their 'crime' doesn't directly affect anyone.. it just hurts feelings.  Still a crime, and still not good to be clear. 

People plugging roadways, blocking borders, and honking horns all day and night does directly affect people. And their protest is against mandates fighting a pandemic. 

I get what you're saying.. you would like the standards to be equal and clear but the circumstances always dictate those standards. Always. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    This has been hard on Trudeau … he’s aged.  Never thought that moustache would stylish again..

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    Parksy said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

Try and  get almost 75% of people in any large country to agree on anything.

These asshats are uniting Canada, against them.

Good job, keep it up.
    Pretty much an equal number blame Trudeau for being exacerbator prime, don't leave that part out. 

I'm still holding this group (the Ottawa protestors) to the same standards I've seen applied to other,  more politically correct protests. Today a statue was toppled and covered in paint in Vancouver. No fear or word of arrests from Lisa Laflamme, I wonder why? Imagine the reaction if such an act occurred in Ottawa. 
    It sounds like you care more for a statue than you do for the citizens of Ottawa who have been terrorized for going on 3 weeks.

I simply want the same anger shown towards the Ottawa protesters (before they even arrived) shown towards this group, and all other riotous groups. I guess those FN women had the good sense to illegally pull down a statue of a dead white guy with an imperfect past. Read that how you will.
    Wanting equality means equal circumstances.  These circumstances are not equal.  There are many facets to every situation...  but in general you should be able to look at mitigating and litigating circumstances.  Cause and effect. 

Indigenous people protesting where some destroy or deface a statue out of anger against the church and that state who actively and willingly committed genocide against their people. 

Their cause is an egregious one (in my opinion), and their 'crime' doesn't directly affect anyone.. it just hurts feelings.  Still a crime, and still not good to be clear. 

People plugging roadways, blocking borders, and honking horns all day and night does directly affect people. And their protest is against mandates fighting a pandemic. 

I get what you're saying.. you would like the standards to be equal and clear but the circumstances always dictate those standards. Always. 
    thanks for this. I had the same point in mind, but you said it much better than it was in my head. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This has been hard on Trudeau … he’s aged.  Never thought that moustache would stylish again..

This. And you. ... are the reasons I voted for Trudeau and likely will again even though I don't like him. My distain for this kind of crap overrules my distain for Trudeau.   Never forget though... you enjoy the freedom to post crap like this without penalty. Good day to you. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    Coutts blockade coming down. We are winning, the fraud racist misogynist sack of shit has been exposed to the world as the fraud we all know he is...
    Four days ago, they say they are not leaving
    Trudeau invokes Emergencies Act
    Today they are leaving

You claim you are winning.  Are you in bizarro world?
    isn't everybody?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Parksy said:

This. And you. ... are the reasons I voted for Trudeau and likely will again even though I don't like him. My distain for this kind of crap overrules my distain for Trudeau.   Never forget though... you enjoy the freedom to post crap like this without penalty. Good day to you. 
    people posting shit like that calling HIM divisive. haha, oh the irony. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,495
    I’ll admit I have my priorities mixed up. I’m more upset by this than by anything the governments are doing. Situations like this will unfortunately be far more difficult to deal with than a bunch of uppity truckers. Sad that this is what it took to wake me back up.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8620740/toronto-school-shooting-charges-david-mary-thomson-collegiate-institute/
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I can feel sad for the death of that child while continuing to focus on getting our democracy back Check the crime stats In Toronto since Tory made it a sanctuary city? Mr. blackface banned legal guns while reducing sentences for gun crime. Tory and Ford are lockstep with Trudeau…all three need to go and we need tougher gun crime laws…

Because what’s the point of being upset if going forward you don’t work to replace those who enable this shit?  Political party should never matter…all three need gone.  2 say they are conservative, but are liberal and the other is a racist, misogynist dictator.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Duh. That’s what we’ve been saying…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,495
    I can feel sad for the death of that child while continuing to focus on getting our democracy back Check the crime stats In Toronto since Tory made it a sanctuary city? Mr. blackface banned legal guns while reducing sentences for gun crime. Tory and Ford are lockstep with Trudeau…all three need to go and we need tougher gun crime laws…
    What’s more troubling to me is the shooter being 14 years old and the (attempted double) shooting was targeted. And I do agree that it doesn’t mean current national events aren’t thought about.

At the end of the day (for me), tear down all the statues and block as many roads as you like. But keep the fucking guns out of the schools.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Getting democracy back means that a tiny minority will try to overthrow our prime minister. Who was just re-elected this last summer...on a vaccine mandate platform.

Yeah, that sure sounds like democracy.
  • Options
    What’s more troubling to me is the shooter being 14 years old and the (attempted double) shooting was targeted. And I do agree that it doesn’t mean current national events aren’t thought about.

At the end of the day (for me), tear down all the statues and block as many roads as you like. But keep the fucking guns out of the schools.
    Agreed.  But we need tough gun laws and better border enforcement.  These guns almost always come through the US.  My sister lives iin Toronto so the gun crime for me is worrisome and it’s always sad when a young person dies this way…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Parents in Alberta..your kids are free to wear mask if they choose. It called choice. Bet they don’t.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    In only 2 weeks of protest a lot has changed…these truckers gave people a voice and we called bullshit …
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    More ridiculous tweets. That's what this thread needs more of. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    I'm glad Trudeau finally did this - he should have done it way earlier, but better late than never.
    I would love a list of the companies who are allowing their rigs to be used for this BS... I wonder if any of them will hold out in the face of the new possible financial risks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I’ll admit I have my priorities mixed up. I’m more upset by this than by anything the governments are doing. Situations like this will unfortunately be far more difficult to deal with than a bunch of uppity truckers. Sad that this is what it took to wake me back up.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8620740/toronto-school-shooting-charges-david-mary-thomson-collegiate-institute/

That is horrible - straight up assassination by a 14 year old. Fuck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Just a fringe, this small fringe is ending Covid and restoring rights while the racists misogynist sack of sick pm brings in the emergency act to quiet people who were against his agenda of never ending fear…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    only a moron would think these policies are being changed because of truckers. we knew you'd claim victory in this. we predicted from the very beginning. these changes have been in the works for weeks. lmfao 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    only a moron would think these policies are being changed because of truckers. we knew you'd claim victory in this. we predicted from the very beginning. these changes have been in the works for weeks. lmfao 
    They're ending covid, man!!! hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

This is part of it is so annoying to me, lol.