Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Looks like the illegal blockade at Coutts border crossing is ending today.

One of the leaders cited the Emergency Act as a contributing factor.

Well done PM.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    He is only doing this to change his 16% approval rating…lmfao.
    So you admit cracking down on the insurgents is a popular move?

Worst insurgency ever, lol! Instead of storming the seat of government they hold dance parties! The horror…the horror…
    Guess you missed the latest news. 
    Yes, I saw your post. As I’ve said, we’re setting new standards, so we’ll see how this goes. Who knows how many weapons were on site at the railroad blockades? We’ll never know now, obviously.
    Your defense is a hypothetical. You have to know you're on really weak ground.

It's time to distance yourself from these extremists. 
    The other night I was told I was normalizing anti-Semitism and racism because I wasn’t going to paint the entire group based on the actions of a couple/few participants. This whole thing has gotten far out of hand, primarily spurred on by a Prime Minister that has shown no interest in actually uniting people (his idea of unison is apparently his way or the hiway). This whole mess actually lands directly at his feet, actually, unless members of his own caucus are lying (Trudeau I guess (?) deserves credit for not calling the stories fake news).

As long as people want to force a medication into others (by pressure or force) I will always stand against that. But I’m not supposed to mention the very limited effectiveness of said medication.

I’ll guess you missed my post earlier where I said I didn’t know what to think about these protesters anymore. Expecting them to be treated and judged by the same standards as previous protests isn’t allowed anymore. One group in Alberta isn’t necessarily representative of the Ottawa group, tempting as it may be to link the two.

I guess the Caledon blockade that’s been going for years is the next one to take down? Having the head of Ryerson on a pike tells me that group is likely to be violent.
    The vaccine went from 90% to 95% efficacy to it MAY prevent serious illness.  The only reason I took it was to get life back to normal…we now know that was a big lie…never again will I take that vaccine.

and despite what I may have thought or said…I always reserve to change my mind..

apparently liberals always know from the get go so they never have to change their mind…

remember these are same people who defend a racist pm and homophobe Neil Young who ignorantly spread misinformation about HIV just because they like them…there is no rhyme nor reason…lack of ethics.

Evidently the vacccine causes brain damage.  Too bad the concept of virus mutation is too difficult to grasp.  

Folks - this is a case study in why a little information is so dangerous to some people.  
    lol
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
  • Options
    And these people that supported lockdowns never lost any paycheques, or lost their business or job or suffered in anyway over the last 2 years. People who still support mandates are likely working from home…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    And these people that supported lockdowns never lost any paycheques, or lost their business or job or suffered in anyway over the last 2 years. People who still support mandates are likely working from home…
    Yeah, everything was just fantastic for us.

Difference is we kept calm and carried on. We didn't whine and throw daily temper tantrums. We tried to make things better for our fellow Canadians, not worse.

Probably because we aren't lunatics and sociopaths.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    it's interesting to me that the same blowhards claiming "get kids back in school! they are suffering at home" are the same ones claiming that people working from home have it cushy and it's some kind of fucking paradise. 

yeah, it sure is fun working from an office in my pantry and never seeing another living soul. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The comment of the week on these forums was “I hated Harper because he was a  misogynist.”(no evidence) so what will I do…I support a known racist and misogynist (plenty of evidence)..This place is so predicable…not mention the continued lies to the indigenous peoples…and now a power grab by weak man…
    it seems your ignore function is broken. 

where is this "support" you see? I'm not supporting trudeau. I want these fuckers to go home and stop disrupting people's lives and livelihoods. you realize they can be separate issues, right? one does not have to blindly love or hate a politician to hold a position?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This is the guy I’d take health advice from…salad and exercise is not his agenda…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Sure, some people who support necessary restrictions have been working from home. 

Some have been working in our hospitals and medical clinics and outreach teams for the last two years, trying to provide safe medical care to growing numbers of patients
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Sure, some people who support necessary restrictions have been working from home. 

Some have been working in our hospitals and medical clinics and outreach teams for the last two years, trying to provide safe medical care to growing numbers of patients
    meh, you lazy liberal hospital workers. how bad could it have been these last two years, keeping people alive who refused to do one simple thing to help themselves and society, listening to people say the vaccines aren't effective, while piling up the bodies. how hard could it have been?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Worst insurgency ever, lol! Instead of storming the seat of government they hold dance parties! The horror…the horror…
    Yes, I saw your post. As I’ve said, we’re setting new standards, so we’ll see how this goes. Who knows how many weapons were on site at the railroad blockades? We’ll never know now, obviously.

The other night I was told I was normalizing anti-Semitism and racism because I wasn’t going to paint the entire group based on the actions of a couple/few participants. This whole thing has gotten far out of hand, primarily spurred on by a Prime Minister that has shown no interest in actually uniting people (his idea of unison is apparently his way or the hiway). This whole mess actually lands directly at his feet, actually, unless members of his own caucus are lying (Trudeau I guess (?) deserves credit for not calling the stories fake news).

As long as people want to force a medication into others (by pressure or force) I will always stand against that. But I’m not supposed to mention the very limited effectiveness of said medication.

I’ll guess you missed my post earlier where I said I didn’t know what to think about these protesters anymore. Expecting them to be treated and judged by the same standards as previous protests isn’t allowed anymore. One group in Alberta isn’t necessarily representative of the Ottawa group, tempting as it may be to link the two.

I guess the Caledon blockade that’s been going for years is the next one to take down? Having the head of Ryerson on a pike tells me that group is likely to be violent.
    https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jan/12/jen-psaki/data-suggests-unvaccinated-are-20-times-more-likel/

if scientists discovered/created a medication that reduces death in cancer patients by 20 times, would you still call it ineffective? it would be heralded as the greatest modern medical discovery since penicillin FFS. 

I have no clue why you still keep claiming (incorrectly) that it is ineffective. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jan/12/jen-psaki/data-suggests-unvaccinated-are-20-times-more-likel/

if scientists discovered/created a medication that reduces death in cancer patients by 20 times, would you still call it ineffective? it would be heralded as the greatest modern medical discovery since penicillin FFS. 

I have no clue why you still keep claiming (incorrectly) that it is ineffective. 
    Binary world.. either something is 100% effective or it sucks.  That's why these guys take principled stances against all medications, since nothing is 100%.  I give them a lot of credit. 
  • Options

When this paper has questions?

And El Salvador president saying Canada now has 0 credibilities when it comes to democracy says it all...because central America knows dictators ... they've had their share.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    When you two can actually make a case based on fact for using the emergency measures act ... please do.

And using politicians and media linked to the liberal party is not sufficient...

so far experts say the criteria have not been met.

In this case, just having an opinion is not good enough...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    When you two can actually make a case based on fact for using the emergency measures act ... please do.

And using politicians and media linked to the liberal party is not sufficient...

so far experts say the criteria have not been met.

In this case, just having an opinion is not good enough...

seems the standards for us are much higher than just random hyper-partisan twitter posts. good to know. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    You know shit is bad and you are on the wrong side when even China is trolling you...you can't make this shit up...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Coutts blockade coming down. We are winning, the fraud racist misogynist sack of shit has been exposed to the world as the fraud we all know he is...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Coutts blockade coming down. We are winning, the fraud racist misogynist sack of shit has been exposed to the world as the fraud we all know he is...
    Four days ago, they say they are not leaving
    Trudeau invokes Emergencies Act
    Today they are leaving

You claim you are winning.  Are you in bizarro world?
  • Options
    Then quit telling us what to do…simple drop mandates now. Stop catering to the fearful. Pay for their therapy if need be…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    A government that used the emergency measures act to quiet critics is more than capable of this…plenty examples out their of the RCMP being corrupt …
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    dignin said:
    PM invoking emergencies act.

Finally, let's deal with these clowns.
    So we’re setting new standards by which all future protests will be treated, instead of treating this group as we have others in the past.

There was a good column in the National Post that pointed out many of us (myself included) have essentially reversed our positions when it comes to how to handle protests. Many who wanted dialogue and negotiation with the railroad blockades now want aggressive policing of the current group. I was simply judging this group by the standards previously established.
    I think the circumstances are dictating a lot with this one.  I get what you're saying but it's hard to compare apples to oranges. 

Regarding Trudeau's move to invoke this. I haven't read the next couple pages so this could be wrong.. but I don't think many people are filling in the blanks here and talking about the right points.  What's unique about this situation from a federal perspective?  The Biden effect. 

Sounds nuts, but I think Trudeau wants the exposure here both positive and negative.  This Emergencies Act has little bite to it because it will require the boots on the ground (police) to actually do their jobs.  This was in my estimation more political theatre by the man who is one of the best political thespians in the world.  Is he doing this mostly to appease Biden and give the appearance that he's actually doing something? I think so. Is that the right move (keeping USA happy)?  I think so. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    dignin said:
    PM invoking emergencies act.

Finally, let's deal with these clowns.
    So we’re setting new standards by which all future protests will be treated, instead of treating this group as we have others in the past.

There was a good column in the National Post that pointed out many of us (myself included) have essentially reversed our positions when it comes to how to handle protests. Many who wanted dialogue and negotiation with the railroad blockades now want aggressive policing of the current group. I was simply judging this group by the standards previously established.
    I think the circumstances are dictating a lot with this one.  I get what you're saying but it's hard to compare apples to oranges. 

Regarding Trudeau's move to invoke this. I haven't read the next couple pages so this could be wrong.. but I don't think many people are filling in the blanks here and talking about the right points.  What's unique about this situation from a federal perspective?  The Biden effect. 

Sounds nuts, but I think Trudeau wants the exposure here both positive and negative.  This Emergencies Act has little bite to it because it will require the boots on the ground (police) to actually do their jobs.  This was in my estimation more political theatre by the man who is one of the best political thespians in the world.  Is he doing this mostly to appease Biden and give the appearance that he's actually doing something? I think so. Is that the right move (keeping USA happy)?  I think so. 
    Did Trudeau actually use any of the powers yet?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Throw down the hammer Trudeau! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    I've always found it odd people saying "not my president" or "not my pm". even when it was trump, it sounded very whiny to me. yes, he IS your prime minister, whether you like it or not. you live in canada, he is the PM of canada. ergo he is your pm. I don't recall ever saying that harper wasn't my prime minister just because I thought he was an out of touch misogynist POS. 

Bingo.  I equate all this anti-Trudeau stuff to a team banging their sticks against the boards instead of swallowing their pride and getting to the handshake line. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx