Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Trudeau said the truckers wear tinfoil hats…lol.  Has the leader of a democratic country ever said that about her own citizen…

Mr. blackface is coming unhinged…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I'm getting a large whiff of desperation. 
    no shit. when one "librul" acts like an ass, the entire party/half the country is dragged down with him. but nazis? nah, just fake news. 
    Not fake news, but blown out of proportion. Do we now say that the sight of Soviet imagery means an entire protest endorses mass murder? Because that’s pretty much what this is. The Prime Minister only said “some” protesters once today.

Or do you have proof that it was more than a couple idiots who apparently didn’t hang around too long? I’m happy to be proven wrong on this (well, not happy but prepared to be, lol). I’m not asking for images to be shared.
    Does it matter?

The trucker rally lost the PR war. They might have survived those images but hanging around Ottawa and holding that city hostage was the nail in the coffin for the movement. That and blocking a border.

Any goodwill they had with the casual observer dissipated. I had some of my own family members excited about it, until they saw the images and the truckers over stayed their welcome.

Most movements without central leadership goes this way. With no focus or clear singular motive they are easy to be co-opted and framed in a bad light.

That's me trying to be charitable, because I really believe the people who organized the rally in the first place did not have good intentions. There is plenty of evidence out there about the dark underbelly at the core of the movement. As hard as they tried to hide it, it still peeked through.
    Maybe it doesn’t matter, but I guess I’ll never stop thinking that it should. And I’ll become further fearful of the tyranny of the mob I see at play here (not here specifically, obviously, lol).
    You better believe it matters.  People who may have felt isolated or alone in their opinions now know they are not alone…don’t let anyone tell you different…msm has no interest in balance…imo
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Has Ottawa fallen? I heard Ottawa fell. Is it true?
    Depends who you ask, I guess.  But it’s a Canadian secret…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    As long as indigenous folks are part of this protest they can stay indefinitely.  It’s their land and Ottawa is unseeded territory…and oddly I’ve not seen indigenous leaders speak out against the protest…because they understand democracy.  It should be obvious that the liberal elites hate blue collar workers, they want us to shut up and just pay the taxes…lmfao.  These liberal elites need to go get a history lesson about protest, strikes and illegal strikes in Canada…the ignorance is astounding.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    The longer they stay the more people they alienate.

So by all means.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    I don't know who's saying they can't protest. I'm just saying it's a stupid fucking protest. And they aren't heroes FFS. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Just a fringe movement that is growing… The Ottawa mayor tried calling in wreckers …. apparently they all have Covid…dummy. Heavy wreckers are truck drivers and there are heavy wreckers participating in the protest.. Quebec dropping vaxx tax, Sask dropping mandates, Truckers uniting this country unlike the divisive prick whose job it is to unite … Quebec and Alberta truckers united and partying on…you fucked up as a leader when Albertans and Québécois agree. Another reason I’ll thank trucker…
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Just a fringe movement that is growing… The Ottawa mayor tried calling in wreckers …. apparently they all have Covid…dummy. Heavy wreckers are truck drivers and there are heavy wreckers participating in the protest.. Quebec dropping vaxx tax, Sask dropping mandates, Truckers uniting this country unlike the divisive prick whose job it is to unite … Quebec and Alberta truckers united and partying on…you fucked up as a leader when Albertans and Québécois agree. Another reason I’ll thank trucker…
    No idea what you are talking about. 

It's funny because as this wave subsides and restrictions start to lift you and others will claim victory.

The restrictions will lift because of vaccinations and the vaccinated. Nothing to do with these selfish degenerates.

The vaccinated will get us out of this wave without a complete disaster in our healthcare system.
  • Options
    Keep up the good work…shut the country down.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Keep up the good work…shut the country down.
    I agree, keep it up. I can feel all the hearts and minds changing.
  • Options
    Trudeau only received 21% of the vote from eligible voters. He and his cult are the fringe minority…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,484
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Now you know how so many people feel…good people tossed out of work, lost business, mental health problem, increased domestic violence..Liberals are selfish and an ignorant bunch…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    He will when he comes out of hiding
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Good for them!! They win a far greater chance for a trip to the ICU!!

Well done you guys!!
  • Options
    Ok, a serious question for all the pro-mandate people here. Where does it stop? How far will you deem too far? Your open condescension isn’t proving particularly effective.

I’ll also suggest/ask that if these vaccines are so good and necessary, why hasn’t Trudeau shown leadership and enacted a full mandate for all citizens, coast-to-coast-to-coast?

• Options
    Ok, a serious question for all the pro-mandate people here. Where does it stop? How far will you deem too far? Your open condescension isn’t proving particularly effective.

I’ll also suggest/ask that if these vaccines are so good and necessary, why hasn’t Trudeau shown leadership and enacted a full mandate for all citizens, coast-to-coast-to-coast?
    The condescension is for my sanity. I know it won't make them get the shot. The only thing that works is to take something from these selfish people. Restricting their access to things. They only care if it effects them, they don't care about anyone else, this pandemic has proved that.

And everytime they were restricted vaccine uptake went up. Can't argue the restrictions didn't work.

That last 10% are just unreachable. They are too far gone. They've done they're own research on YouTube and Facebook. They're minds are too polluted with misinformation to come back. Plus they would do anything to own the libs, even die for the cause. Good riddance.

The restrictions are slowly being pulled now. Not because of these rallies, but because this wave is subsiding. This variant is running out of people to infect.

The restrictions saved thousands of lives and kept our healthcare system from complete failure. And as bad as the restrictions were they were really not that bad. Most of us just hunkered down and got vaccinated. Kept calm and carried on. We did our part to save lives. Only the weakest of us hit the streets to protest.

If the vaccines are so good? Seriously? This isn't even debatable at this point. It's simple math.

• Options
    edited February 2022

common sense returns to the planet…been MIA since 2020.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignin said:

The condescension is for my sanity. I know it won't make them get the shot. The only thing that works is to take something from these selfish people. Restricting their access to things. They only care if it effects them, they don't care about anyone else, this pandemic has proved that.

And everytime they were restricted vaccine uptake went up. Can't argue the restrictions didn't work.

That last 10% are just unreachable. They are too far gone. They've done they're own research on YouTube and Facebook. They're minds are too polluted with misinformation to come back. Plus they would do anything to own the libs, even die for the cause. Good riddance.

The restrictions are slowly being pulled now. Not because of these rallies, but because this wave is subsiding. This variant is running out of people to infect.

The restrictions saved thousands of lives and kept our healthcare system from complete failure. And as bad as the restrictions were they were really not that bad. Most of us just hunkered down and got vaccinated. Kept calm and carried on. We did our part to save lives. Only the weakest of us hit the streets to protest.

If the vaccines are so good? Seriously? This isn't even debatable at this point. It's simple math.

I appreciate your input, thanks, though neither of my questions was really answered.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    dignin said:

BOOM
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

BOOM
    Do you have an actual answer to the questions asked? What is your bridge too far when it comes to government mandates?

• Options
    Good to see the cult following take after their racist divisive prick…just ignorance.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Yes, such a great vaccine the triple vaxxed racist supposedly tested positive…

The CDC changed the wording…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Great job of running the country … those cultist no how to lead.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Good to see the cult following take after their racist divisive prick…just ignorance.

You know what we need, more tweets and racist memes.

I know I won't have to wait long.