Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Whats this, a trucker convoy to Ottawa?

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Truckers are protesting forced vaccinations on them.  Truckers work the majority of the alone.  There are other health safety measures that truckers could use.  This is an industry that is extremely short staffed at the best of times, so these mandates are just going to harm the supply chain and leave store shelves empty…will lead to higher inflation.  

Just like the dummies running our hospitals in on Ontario who terminated unvaccinated staff and left out hospitals short this policy is extremely short sighted.

You can’t expect people to take a shot every 3 - 4 months.  And if the vaccine worked still, then why does the Pfizer CEO say that their will be an omnicron specific vaccine around March?  The whole thing is crazy…even crazier is people still believe that there is anyone who knows what there doing…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Truckers are protesting forced vaccinations on them.  Truckers work the majority of the alone.  There are other health safety measures that truckers could use.  This is an industry that is extremely short staffed at the best of times, so these mandates are just going to harm the supply chain and leave store shelves empty…will lead to higher inflation.  

Just like the dummies running our hospitals in on Ontario who terminated unvaccinated staff and left out hospitals short this policy is extremely short sighted.

You can’t expect people to take a shot every 3 - 4 months.  And if the vaccine worked still, then why does the Pfizer CEO say that their will be an omnicron specific vaccine around March?  The whole thing is crazy…even crazier is people still believe that there is anyone who knows what there doing…

Yup, just wondering, are you seeing food shortages/empty shelves in Ont?  Hard to go by the news lately... 

A couple weeks ago our local Dominion (Loblaws chain) was like that but bounced back shortly thereafter.   this is going to get worse.

I wish we could call a new election. Ha

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

Yup, just wondering, are you seeing food shortages/empty shelves in Ont?  Hard to go by the news lately... 

A couple weeks ago our local Dominion (Loblaws chain) was like that but bounced back shortly thereafter.   this is going to get worse.

Yes we are and I live in southern Ontario home to an extremely large greenhouse industry…not seeing fresh veggies was surprising.  

How bout’ out your way?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Nami said:

Yes we are and I live in southern Ontario home to an extremely large greenhouse industry…not seeing fresh veggies was surprising.  

How bout’ out your way?
    Hard to say with weather issues/ ferry cancellations.   Fresh foods is always hit or miss but the week I was previously talking about, the frozen food aisle, was almost bare.  

Time to stock up on TP lol
  • Options
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Truckers should just get vaxxed if that's the case. Plain and simple. You've got every sane part of the medical field on the planet saying that vaccines are the best way out of this, and people still refuse to get them. 

As for blaming Trudeau... OK sure, for SOME of the issues.  But I've seen folks on my social medias encouraging to stock up.  In other words... PEOPLE, not the government trying to convince other PEOPLE to hoard. 

If you want to look at these shortages as problems with solutions then you need to look at every cause of the problem. 

As a consumer, if you're buying and hoarding more than you need, you're part of the problem. 
    If you're a trucker and you're choosing not to be vaccinated when you can, you're part of the problem. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    there's definitely shortages of some things here in Winnipeg. Prices for fresh food is skyrocketing. Pretty soon a Happy meal will be cheaper than stalk of celery. 

However, I don't like pictures like that. Zero context. when was it taken? at the end of the day when they aren't restocking fresh food? or middle of the day? no way to tell. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    there's definitely shortages of some things here in Winnipeg. Prices for fresh food is skyrocketing. Pretty soon a Happy meal will be cheaper than stalk of celery. 

However, I don't like pictures like that. Zero context. when was it taken? at the end of the day when they aren't restocking fresh food? or middle of the day? no way to tell. 
    Not to mention the scare tactic  comparison of Venezula.  I have no issue with being critical of any politician including Trudeau, but this stuff drives me nuts. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited January 2022

Good point - I would say that that store in the photo doesn't even look open - it looks like after-hours to me.
    FWIW, I have not seen anything remotely like that in any store. There is no produce shortage to really take note of - a few items aren't there, but it's not going to have an impact on anything other than someone who feels super picky. I have noticed that a lot of yogurt brands are in shorter supply... again, I don't think it's causing anyone to go hungry, lol. It's just making yogurt fans a bit disappointed when they can't get their favourite brand. I have heard that some smaller communities may be having more issues... but I haven't seen anything to convince me that people are going hungry because of all this. It more seems like it's just hard for people who have always been spoiled with insane variety to adjust to less variety for a while (not that the supply chain issue in general isn't a big deal - it really really is, and hurts the economy obviously .... I would argue it's not a surprising big deal thought, during a 2 year long pandemic).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Parksy said:

Not to mention the scare tactic  comparison of Venezula.  I have no issue with being critical of any politician including Trudeau, but this stuff drives me nuts. 
    Totally agree. It's ridiculous. I saw some news clip last night with some Conservative trying to put direct blame on the supply shortage and inflation on Trudeau alone.... nothing he he said made much sense TBH - He was acting like it's solely a Canadian problem caused exclusively by deliberate and avoidable Canadian political/spending decisions. It really annoyed the fuck out of me.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    Truckers should just get vaxxed if that's the case. Plain and simple. You've got every sane part of the medical field on the planet saying that vaccines are the best way out of this, and people still refuse to get them. 

As for blaming Trudeau... OK sure, for SOME of the issues.  But I've seen folks on my social medias encouraging to stock up.  In other words... PEOPLE, not the government trying to convince other PEOPLE to hoard. 

If you want to look at these shortages as problems with solutions then you need to look at every cause of the problem. 

As a consumer, if you're buying and hoarding more than you need, you're part of the problem. 
    If you're a trucker and you're choosing not to be vaccinated when you can, you're part of the problem. 

Agree again!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Parksy said:

Totally agree. It's ridiculous. I saw some news clip last night with some Conservative trying to put direct blame on the supply shortage and inflation on Trudeau alone.... nothing he he said made much sense TBH - He was acting like it's solely a Canadian problem caused exclusively by deliberate and avoidable Canadian political/spending decisions. It really annoyed the fuck out of me.

Lmfao.  No one is blaming everything on Trudeau.  But he is the PM and truckers work a very solitary life.  I know, I have family members in the business.  So there is no need for this ridiculous policy and forcing people to get a shot every 3 to 4 months is wrong and maybe it was always wrong.  believe in my body my choice.  Did you wear face mask before Covid? Stay home with every sniffle Before Covid..if not why.  Elderly dont well with cold, the flu and other viruses?

Of course not.  Your only doing all that because you are being told?

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    How come these politicians never point the finger at themselves and the hospital administrators who have run the system in ground hound…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Parksy said:

Lmfao.  No one is blaming everything on Trudeau.  But he is the PM and truckers work a very solitary life.  I know, I have family members in the business.  So there is no need for this ridiculous policy and forcing people to get a shot every 3 to 4 months is wrong and maybe it was always wrong.  believe in my body my choice.  Did you wear face mask before Covid? Stay home with every sniffle Before Covid..if not why.  Elderly dont well with cold, the flu and other viruses?

Err, yeah, the guy I saw on the news yesterday was indeed blaming everything on Trudeau. Like I said. Unfortunately I don't remember his name.
  • Options
    Parksy said:

The point of the tweet was empty shelves in reference to chain issues in which I was having a conversation ration with…if you took offence that’s your problem…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

So I guess you don’t trust the vaccine if your worried about a an unvaccinated trucker.  Do you think the truckers are pulling over and licking your produce?

Hope you stay home in case you come into contact with an unvaccinated instead grocery store worker…etc.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:

The point of the tweet was empty shelves in reference to chain issues in which I was having a conversation ration with…if you took offence that’s your problem…
    I don't take offence my man.. I just find some people's uneducated, uninformed, biased, out of context, and emotional hatred towards any politician completely counter productive.  

Right now the narrative from the likes of Polieviere and O'Toole is to blame Trudeau for just about everything.   Housing costs, Trudeau. Supply chain issues, Trudeau. The dog that poops on the sidewalk... Trudeau! 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options

So I guess you don’t trust the vaccine if your worried about a an unvaccinated trucker.  Do you think the truckers are pulling over and licking your produce?

Hope you stay home in case you come into contact with an unvaccinated instead grocery store worker…etc.

.......   huh? 

Look dude... my opinions regarding vaccines goes well beyond my personal health. Take a look at the health care workers that are burning out presently trying to take care of COVID patients, predominantly unvaccinated. Share your sentiments with them.  Vaccines are a part of the solution. I'm trying to be a part of the solution.  

Every vaccine policy you're seeing up to and including this trucker policy has one goal in mind:  Get. People. Vaccinated.  Hell, Alberta even tried paying people. 

There is a reason normal, sane people are trying to push vaccines. Not just the Liberals, but every party with the exception of PPC.  We all seem to want the same thing.  Less sick people. Less death. Back to normal life as soon as possible.  For our health, for our economy, for our enjoyment.  People are choosing themselves over their society and then complaining that the same society they don't want to help is being unfair to them. It's the ultimate double standard. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

Look dude... my opinions regarding vaccines goes well beyond my personal health. Take a look at the health care workers that are burning out presently trying to take care of COVID patients, predominantly unvaccinated. Share your sentiments with them.  Vaccines are a part of the solution. I'm trying to be a part of the solution.  

Every vaccine policy you're seeing up to and including this trucker policy has one goal in mind:  Get. People. Vaccinated.  Hell, Alberta even tried paying people. 

There is a reason normal, sane people are trying to push vaccines. Not just the Liberals, but every party with the exception of PPC.  We all seem to want the same thing.  Less sick people. Less death. Back to normal life as soon as possible.  For our health, for our economy, for our enjoyment.  People are choosing themselves over their society and then complaining that the same society they don't want to help is being unfair to them. It's the ultimate double standard. 
    I am actually shocked at the number of tRump supporters I know that are pro-vax.  You would think that would make them think about the party they support when 40% of them are rabid anti-vaxxers.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

I’ve already said move the unvaccinated to field hospitals.  The feds spent 300 million on field hospitals lets use them and staff them with military personnel…the military does not need to in the Ukraine.

But at this point I am fully vaccinated, but I look after my health and use cannabis in which studies have shown promise, I’m not just waiting for big pharma to save me,  but what people put in their own body is their own choice…you did not give a rats ass about spreading germs until you were told to care…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

I am actually shocked at the number of tRump supporters I know that are pro-vax.  You would think that would make them think about the party they support when 40% of them are rabid anti-vaxxers.
    What the fuck does trump got to do with Canada…there is a Trump thread, maybe  post in there…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

I'm shocked that getting a vaccine has become political in any way.  It'll be interesting hopefully explaining this crap to any future grand children I have.   "Wait...... people needed to be convinced to get vaccinated?!"    "It's a long story, Junior." 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    Parksy said:

again, this comparison makes no sense. seniors are 5-15 times more likely to die from covid than the flu. these pathogens aren't the same, so our reactions to them as a society shouldn't be. it's also more about the health care system than it has about total deaths by numbers. it always has been. 

https://freopp.org/comparing-the-risk-of-death-from-covid-19-vs-influenza-by-age-d33a1c76c198
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

What the fuck does trump got to do with Canada…there is a Trump thread, maybe  post in there…
    Lighten up Francis...I was merely backing up your statement that it isn't just liberals.  Although I'm not sure the people I know are too normal or sane.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

I’ve already said move the unvaccinated to field hospitals.  The feds spent 300 million on field hospitals lets use them and staff them with military personnel…the military does not need to in the Ukraine.

But at this point I am fully vaccinated, but I look after my health and use cannabis in which studies have shown promise, I’m not just waiting for big pharma to save me,  but what people put in their own body is their own choice…you did not give a rats ass about spreading germs until you were told to care…
    Hopefully this makes sense....  You're right, I didn't wear a mask, etc. or care about spreading germs like I do now.  For the years I've spent in this country, a global pandemic hadn't wreaked as much havoc as COVID has. 

I wouldn't worry about having a life jacket if I'm standing in 3 feet of water. 
    I don't use snow tires in the summer. 
    I use headlights at night, not the day. 
    I wear a mouth guard when I'm playing against a team that doesn't like me. 

Circumstances dictate precautions. And circumstances haves a tendency to change. 

Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

I don't take offence my man.. I just find some people's uneducated, uninformed, biased, out of context, and emotional hatred towards any politician completely counter productive.  

Right now the narrative from the likes of Polieviere and O'Toole is to blame Trudeau for just about everything.   Housing costs, Trudeau. Supply chain issues, Trudeau. The dog that poops on the sidewalk... Trudeau! 
    Sounds just like Angrea (Andrea) Horwath here in Ontario, blaming everything on Doug Ford and his backroom deals.

It’s unfortunate our politicians (of all stripes) have chosen to simply be the Opposition, not Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Has anyone seen any actual proof of vaccination from the politicians and public drs…afterall they work for us…why don’t they lead by example and post the QR code so we can verify…afterall  we are their employer.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

Hopefully this makes sense....  You're right, I didn't wear a mask, etc. or care about spreading germs like I do now.  For the years I've spent in this country, a global pandemic hadn't wreaked as much havoc as COVID has. 

I wouldn't worry about having a life jacket if I'm standing in 3 feet of water. 
    I don't use snow tires in the summer. 
    I use headlights at night, not the day. 
    I wear a mouth guard when I'm playing against a team that doesn't like me. 

Circumstances dictate precautions. And circumstances haves a tendency to change. 

I think people should get vaccinated.  And I also did not give germ spreading and mask wearing a thought before this either, as most us did not…but it’s not like we did not know?  Asians often wear mask.  I just am just not going to vilify the unvaccinated at this point…because none of really know at this point.   We could be chasing variants for years.  I don’t think a plan b would hurt and sharing it with us would be a good and transparent thing to do.  Would it hurt for the premiers and PM to hold a healthcare summit?

and there is plenty of criticism for Ford.  My biggest one right now is the current lockdown.  CERB has been cut to 300, he throw these workers out of work…I’m sure if he asked Trudeau to double the cerb and Ontario would cover 1/2 Trudeau gladly would…casino workers and theater workers have been hard hit…but no support for the workers from the province…

I live in a small town that has seen small business close up, other small towns are experience similar problems…businesses that could be saved and were on the brink because of Covid should have been saved…it will take years, maybe never before my small town is revived…I’d sure like to see some stimulate money in the budget to help keep business going…

But there is no shortage of Cannabis stores and new ones opening all the time…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:

.......   huh? 

Lighten up Francis...I was merely backing up your statement that it isn't just liberals.  Although I'm not sure the people I know are too normal or sane.
    My apologies.  Just sick of seeing Trumps name everywhere.  He’s Americas problem now…no place for his name in here.  
    Give Peas A Chance…