Options

You know you're getting old when...

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Eating steak is no longer an option because you don't have the energy to chew that much

You don't drive or answer the phone after 5pm

You start giving your belongings away to others

The new vacuum cleaner on paid programming only cost 3 easy payments of $49.99 so you just HAD to have it

You never have to carry anything heavy ever again

You stop getting carded

You get to go home from any family function by simply saying you're tired or you don't feel well

You start crossing out the dead people in your address book

These brought me a smile. And Peter Falk fucking rocked!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Eating steak is no longer an option because you don't have the energy to chew that much

The new vacuum cleaner on paid programming only cost 3 easy payments of $49.99 so you just HAD to have it

You stop getting carded

You get to go home from any family function by simply saying you're tired or you don't feel well

Yea he was the man!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    When you turn forty!!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

When you turn forty!!

Hey! TWTM is back! Good to see you, and a belated happy birthday, I think.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

When you turn forty!!

oh gosh im forty in exactly 6 months and three days
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736

hedonist said:

You stop getting carded

Yea he was the man!
    Nice to see other Peter Falk fans (but who isn't, right!).
    I really liked his book a lot. Great stories from a fascinating life of one very cool guy:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Love Columbo!!! Sunday nights at 8 :look_at_the_time:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    You don't recognize ANY of the music they are playing on the New Year's musical fireworks montage...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    RKCNDY said:

You don't recognize ANY of the music they are playing on the New Year's musical fireworks montage...

You go to bed before it hits midnight on NYE.
  • Options
    when you spend your money to buy things for everyone else but yourself
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    eddiec said:

RKCNDY said:

You go to bed before it hits midnight on NYE.
    Well hell, I've been old for a loooong time.

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    you want to really control your alcohol intake because tomorrow you need to go to the grocery / Costco early before it gets too crowded....Happy Saturday Night!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    You really do want to only drive during daylight hours.
  • Options

Or find you really do need to carry those night time distance glasses with you after sunset!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    You wear socks to bed in the winter.
    I always turned Columbo off. Couldn't stand the character. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Hold On
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Or find you really do need to carry those night time distance glasses with you after sunset!
    :rofl:
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    If I wear my contacts I need reading glasses to see my food. Pathetic.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    ...when you've had your first colonoscopy and the doc reminds you that you were years over due to do this. Oh, gee, that was fun. I can't wait to do it again! Noooooooot!

• Options
    When you begin to shrink.

On another forum, a member started a thread called "How tall are you?" Silly topic, or so I thought until I measured myself. I used to be five ten and a half. At nearly 65 years of age I am now five- ten even.

Ahh ohh... :lol:

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    When you can't remember if you've already posted in this thread about how much you hate reading glasses.
  • Options
    When the kid at the gallery comments on when the photo was taken... "1990? I was only 5 then...that was so long ago!"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    When those who just graduated high school this month were born during either your junior or senior year of high school. I started my senior year in September 98 and obviously graduated 99.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    When things you used to use all the time make a trendy comeback. (Vinyl)
  • Options

When those who just graduated high school this month were born during either your junior or senior year of high school. I started my senior year in September 98 and obviously graduated 99.

You're still a kid...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    edited June 2016
    When after reading a newspaper article from your hometown and asking your mom if the person in it is who you thought it was, she sends you the following text:
    "Yep. You're getting old, aren't you? :tongue: "

Thanks Mom
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

You're still a kid...
    :lol: I was thinking the same thing. That's happened 3 1/2 time over for me.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I cant remember if it was in this thread or not, and I wish I knew who said it first to give him/her credit for it, but...

You know your old when yet he arms of your stickman tattoo fall to his sides because he's tired.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    And I'm getting emails for my 20 year class reunion this august.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

And I'm getting emails for my 20 year class reunion this august.

3 more years for me and I'm not going because most of them were douchebags and frenemies to me. Fuck them all. It would be like Tina Turner going back to Ike.