Options

You know you're getting old when...

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733

when you watch a movie you have already seen.......and don't realize it until the end.

Done that too! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    In the aisle at Walmart trying to figure out which stimulant laxative to purchase.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

when you watch a movie you have already seen.......and don't realize it until the end.

I've done that. I realized why I didn't remember...I was trying to block out how bad it was.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I just read malrith's comment, then read Suz's and thought suz was quoting malroth and...oh never mind...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    When an actress who is one day short of being exactly five years older than you has a Dame before their first and last name. This means you, Kate Winslet!
  • Options

When an actress who is one day short of being exactly five years older than you has a Dame before their first and last name. This means you, Kate Winslet!

Whoa! I didn't know that about Ms Winslet.

You know your getting a little well aged when the cat treat end up in the fridge twice in one week and neither of you knows who but them there instead of their usual place in the cupboard. I've even found my keys in the fridge on occasion.

Sometimes I feel like one of those corny old folks jokes in a Reader's Digest. Haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    Malroth said:

In the aisle at Walmart trying to figure out which stimulant laxative to purchase.

So which one was it??

• Options
    When you fall asleep on the couch...by 8pm.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Gillycw said:

Malroth said:

So which one was it??

Dulcolax! My dulco is now relaxed?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    when you get invited to one of your friends children's weddings. ouch.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited December 2015
    brianlux said:

Yeah, she got a royal honor 3 years ago.

inquisitr.com/256609/kate-winslet-becomes-cbe-kenneth-branagh-knighted-by-queen-elizabeth-ii/
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    when no one besides me remembers the Fabulous, Furry Freak Bros. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

Who?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

Who?
    are you hard of hearing in your old age? :wink:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive said:

I remember the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. :triumph:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    when you wake up and decide ehhhh, I don't need a shower before work today!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    you go online with the intent to do something specific, and then forget what it is the instant you open a browser window.
    The you fuck around on here for a few minutes assuming it'll come back to you.
    An hour later you still have no fucking idea what you needed off the interwebs.

:fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

you go online with the intent to do something specific, and then forget what it is the instant you open a browser window.

:rofl:

I went to the cupboard to get a coffee filter out this morning, the same cupboard I've gone to for filters for the last 12 years and... WRONG CUPBOARD! OMG!! :grimacing:

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    ldent42 said:

Then you fuck around on here for a few minutes assuming it'll come back to you.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    ldent42 said:

I am a victim of this several times a day!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    At family functions I used to ALWAYS get off the furniture and sit on the floor for any older family members if there were not enough seats.

Now, I ALWAYS get to sit on the furniture and even occasionally get to have a younger kid move for me.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

brianlux said:

Yeah, she got a royal honor 3 years ago.

inquisitr.com/256609/kate-winslet-becomes-cbe-kenneth-branagh-knighted-by-queen-elizabeth-ii/
    I'd like to give her a royal honor.

Heyyyyyooooooohhh!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    brianlux said:

Besides gaining a little wisdom and experience along the way, the one thing about getting old: it beats the alternative. :smile:

Yes!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    edited December 2015
    brianlux said:

Sprunkn7 said:

When you go food shopping, pick up two of something because it's a good deal, get home and realize you already have two of the same item, one still unopened. Let's just say I have enough plastic wrap to last me a long ass time. :blush:

I have to make a list. If I don't make a list I wander around the store and buy all the same stuff I already have at home. it's very sad.
    Same here. I have to write everything down. Sometimes when I get up for something across the room I think I should fly notes over there to remind myself of why I got up to go there in the first place. :lol:
    I make it into a game. If I forgot why I got up, it usually takes me about an hour to figure out, and then shazaam I remember it. It's kindof cool when I remember it. Sometimes I want to forget stuff to see how long it takes me to remember :)

This is what I do for fun as I grow older.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

brianlux said:

Sprunkn7 said:

When you go food shopping, pick up two of something because it's a good deal, get home and realize you already have two of the same item, one still unopened. Let's just say I have enough plastic wrap to last me a long ass time. :blush:

I have to make a list. If I don't make a list I wander around the store and buy all the same stuff I already have at home. it's very sad.
    Same here. I have to write everything down. Sometimes when I get up for something across the room I think I should fly notes over there to remind myself of why I got up to go there in the first place. :lol:
    I make it into a game. If I forgot why I got up, it usually takes me about an hour to figure out, and then shazaam I remember it. It's kindof cool when I remember it. Sometimes I want to forget stuff to see how long it takes me to remember :)

This is what I do for fun as I grow older.
    Haha! I like the idea of making a game out of it. I also like the idea that if a messy desk is the sign of a busy person, a messy forgetful mind is the sign of a person with a lot going on. :wink:

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    the print is so small and you cant physically contort yourself to get close enough to read the product size on the price tag on the bottom shelf so you have to take a picture and then zoom in
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    you've lived more years than the years you have left to live.
    :innocent:
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    when you have to sacrifice pleasure for a living...
  • Options
    Eating steak is no longer an option because you don't have the energy to chew that much

You don't drive or answer the phone after 5pm

You start giving your belongings away to others

The new vacuum cleaner on paid programming only cost 3 easy payments of $49.99 so you just HAD to have it

You never have to carry anything heavy ever again

You stop getting carded

You get to go home from any family function by simply saying you're tired or you don't feel well

You start crossing out the dead people in your address book

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Want to watch Columbo instead of The Walking Dead...all fairness, I'll watch Columbo until TWD comes on, then I'll flip back to Columbo every 5 minutes when a commercial comes on

Columbo is the greatest and doesn't mean you're old if you watch it!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16