Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Kct1961 said:

So if ten different dates are announced, you select the shows you would like to attend in order of preference. If you choose all ten, then are fortunate enough to be chosen for ALL ten, your card is charged for ten pairs of tickets....
    For how many shows out of those ten might you normally be selected? Based on your experience? I can see why you need a credit card with a lot if open to buy on file....

Thx

Assuming it's like last year, with the shows having GA seats and reserved seats - and with similar demand for everything....

This post is long-winded, but if it helps you understand a little better, it might be worth it. I wish I had understood the system better than I did last year.

You can take a few different strategies. The obvious is pick whatever you want the most as your first pick. If it's highly desired by others as well, this method does give you a chance at getting completely shut out, but also gives you a crack at what you want the most. Alternatively, you could use your first choice on something that isn't the highest in demand, and that might give you a close to certain chance of getting something at least.

For your 2nd pick, this is where I screwed up last year. You probably don't want to pick something high in demand. Because that will probably be sold out by people using it with the first pick. Everything satisfies first picks before it gives people who used lower picks a chance at it. So if something is likely to sell out, using your 2nd pick on it is probably wasting your 2nd pick.

What I did last year. First priority was Moline GA, 2nd Priority Molina Reserved, 3rd priority St. Louis Reserved, 4th St. Louis GA, 5th Milwaukee reserved, 6th Milwaukee GA.

Where I screwed up was picking Moline reserved 2nd. It was a waste of my 2nd pick choice, since Moline was the most coveted show of the tour, so it seemed to have sold out with people who picked Moline reserved with their first choice. I wasn't going to get that whether my Moline GA scored or not. I did get lucky and Moline GA did score for me. But since my St. Louis reserved was bumped back to my third choice, that missed out. And I heard a lot of people did get St. Louis reserved with their 2nd choice. I ended up overpaying for tickets to St. Louis via stubhub.

Yes you do have to prepare to buy everything you use as a choice, though you can only get one pair to each show. If you get a reserved or GA pair to something, and one of your later selections is the other selection to that same concert, you will not win it.

Also reserved seats are seated based on how old your 10 club account is. So there's a definite incentive to picking GA if you are a newish member. That was why I chose Moline GA as my first selection. My 10c membership is only 3 years old, and I would have had among the worst seats dished out. So I went GA.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,490
    YLed2 said:

3 legs next year?

The first leg starting off in the Midwest in the spring, then the second leg starting in Florida and going up the east coast into the Northeast? Then over to Europe for a small your and then back to the US for the third leg up the west coast and pacific NW? Destination weekend event in Seattle in September?

Yeah?

So no Canada again, in not seeing a lot of love towards some sort of Canadian leg. Midwest got their tour last yr :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited October 2015
    BLACK35 said:

YLed2 said:

3 legs next year?

The first leg starting off in the Midwest in the spring, then the second leg starting in Florida and going up the east coast into the Northeast? Then over to Europe for a small your and then back to the US for the third leg up the west coast and pacific NW? Destination weekend event in Seattle in September?

Yeah?

So no Canada again, in not seeing a lot of love towards some sort of Canadian leg. Midwest got their tour last yr :)
    I'm thinking Toronto and Montreal HAVE to be on the tour plan for next year!! :rock_on:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    i dreamt last night that PJ played at metlife stadium...don't think they'll be doing a huge stadium tour anytime soon :lol:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,490
    Well I hope so Dave, but I can only wish
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,922
    derbydave said:

BLACK35 said:

YLed2 said:

3 legs next year?

Yeah?

I'm thinking Toronto and Montreal HAVE to be on the tour plan for next year!! :rock_on:

I will definitely hit up montreal if they play there. I saw pj there in 2000 and the crowd was awesome!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Montreal is #1 on my Canada list of places to go. Would love to visit some of the Eastern provinces. A long road trip up to Thunder Bay would be sweet too.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited October 2015
    Kct1961 said:

So if ten different dates are announced, you select the shows you would like to attend in order of preference. If you choose all ten, then are fortunate enough to be chosen for ALL ten, your card is charged for ten pairs of tickets....
    For how many shows out of those ten might you normally be selected? Based on your experience? I can see why you need a credit card with a lot if open to buy on file....

Thx

Don't sweat the system to much.If the lottery dosent go in your favor.If you really want to go to any show very good tix are available on the secondary market.Sometimes it's just a couple bucks more,but can get you right where you need to be both in seat location and venue.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899

i dreamt last night that PJ played at metlife stadium...don't think they'll be doing a huge stadium tour anytime soon :lol:

I would hate that. Much prefer to battle for msg tix haha.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    edited October 2015

I would hate that. Much prefer to battle for msg tix haha.
    i've seen a few shows at metlife, and while they are fun, i would much prefer a show (or 2...or 3 :lol:) at MSG. arena shows are the best. smaller crowds, better sound usually.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Kct1961 said:

Thx

Don't sweat the system to much.If the lottery dosent go in your favor.If you really want to go to any show very good tix are available on the secondary market.Sometimes it's just a couple bucks more,but can get you right where you need to be both in seat location and venue.
    Extra fan club tickets show up all the time when people have an extra pair or a friend drops out.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    BLACK35 said:

YLed2 said:

3 legs next year?

Yeah?

And we I say that, I mean Toronto and Montreal to more than likely be included as part of a Northeast your leg. It may not sound over appealing, but I would imagine they would sprinkle in some Canadian dates as part of the East Coast/Northeast and West Coast/Pacific NW your legs next year.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Chicago is overdue for a show(s). This is Ed's hometown after all. As much as I enjoy the 'national shows' that have been held here, a few normal shows at the UC would be a blast.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Okeechobee festival announces the first round of headlines in 3 days....
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    Sarava said:

Chicago is overdue for a show(s). This is Ed's hometown after all. As much as I enjoy the 'national shows' that have been held here, a few normal shows at the UC would be a blast.

I'm hoping the north east gets most of the shows, but would love a few in Chicago. I've been looking for a reason to go back since Wrigley.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I would love an amphitheatre show. Either Merriweather or First Niagara would be ideal but I just want an outdoor show that isn't a festival, and within proximity.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,634
    Guess I never really thought about the fact that Chicago hasn't had a normal tour show since 2009...
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    I wouldn't actually mind if the band took another year off, from touring the states.
    2017= New album, full blown US. tour.

Works for me.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Speedy, to be honest, that works for me, too!
  • Options

Speedy, to be honest, that works for me, too!

Wait until 2017, play a show or 2 in Chicago.
    And I am good for another couple of years.

GO CUBBIES!!!!

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

Just signed the wife up - need 2 chances at GA tickets :scream:

So you're gonna drag her to the shows with you? If it's a local show, I understand that. All she has to do is to come to the venue with you and pick up the tickets. But if it's a different city and you're traveling for the show? So she has to come with you? If my husband did that to me, I'd be like fuck that shit, I ain't traveling for a band I don't like just because you want twice the chance in getting tickets.

Or, I guess you could try the alternative way :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899

I wouldn't actually mind if the band took another year off, from touring the states.

Works for me.

Imo the best tours are when there is not a new album
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

Works for me.

When it truly is just for the money. (kidding)
  • Options

Works for me.

The best tours are when I don't have to get on a plane.
    But I agree with you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214

Works for me.

But I agree with you.
    i wish that was the same for me......for once will be cool not get a plane
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Works for me.

But I agree with you.
    Fuck South America.
  • Options

Works for me.

But I agree with you.
    Fuck South America.
    Yes Sir!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Works for me.

But I agree with you.
    Fuck South America.
    Yes Sir!!
  • Options

Works for me.

But I agree with you.
    Fuck South America.
    Yes Sir!!
    I have GA for Iron Maiden!
    WOO HOOO!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,922

Works for me.

100% agree. When they aren't promoting an album they just play what they want.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......