Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    so it sounds like...

Wells Fargo April 27 & 28
    MSG May 1 & 2

do you go for the local show as #1, or MSG??? fuck me in the brain lol
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,708
    Yes?

Lol

I think we go local #1/and Msg after. Everyone and their brother will out MSG #1 so it might be better to go for Philly first. People are going to lose their minds if it is msg....going to be fun and crazy
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,934
    my2hands said:

so it sounds like...

MSG May 1 & 2

I just want to be in the building... For all 4!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Kct1961Kct1961 Posts: 99
    edited October 2015
    What's tomorrow? Anything?

The Okeechobee Festival announcement is the 15th.

I just need to know how much money I will need....and how quickly!
    Post edited by Kct1961 on
    NYC 9/26/15
    Mexico City 11/28/15
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited October 2015
    Some drunk homeless person outside Joe Louis said, "Pearl Jam is coming back." Then he passed out or went back to sleep. It's true - he usually sleeps outside Chelios's restaurant around the corner.
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I can tell you as someone who never posts, that there 100% is going to be a tour next year. Not trying to be some secretive douchey guy, but my buddy is directly tied to one of the band members and it is confirmed. (closely tied). I dont know and didnt ask specifics as far as announcements and dates, but its definitely happening. Only trying to give some of you a heads up to get your memberships up to date. See you folks there.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2015

Yes?

Lol

I think we go local #1/and Msg after. Everyone and their brother will out MSG #1 so it might be better to go for Philly first. People are going to lose their minds if it is msg....going to be fun and crazy

Great timing!

if MSG isn't your #1 I think there is 0% chance... and the secondary market won't be pretty... I think i have a lot better chance of grabbing secondary tix for philly since it's local

what a great problem to have
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,432

There are ZERO hard rumors, pure speculation, and ideas running wild.

Why don't instead of speculating and expecting something huge, that we instead focus on what a band member himself said within the last two weeks? Which was - nothing is planned for a tour or album as of right now. Jeff JUST said this. Why is a comment from an actual member of the band ignored in spite of all these "supposed" rumors?

I mean many were expecting an announcement on the 10th. You're only letting yourself down with this type of excitement. There's not even a REASON to tour right now. Canada maybe, a full blown us tour, not likely. Is it possible? Yes. Likely? Not at all.

You realy dont know what u talkimg about
    And u doubt the fl dates??u will be suprised very..VERY soon

Again.if im going...im staying at black diamonds house and party with loganator!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dimi - kif I can't join, would very much like to be a fly on the wall.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dimi - if I can't join in, would very much like to be a fly on the wall.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,353

cmm6734 said:

Why don't instead of speculating and expecting something huge, that we instead focus on what a band member himself said within the last two weeks? Which was - nothing is planned for a tour or album as of right now. Jeff JUST said this. Why is a comment from an actual member of the band ignored in spite of all these "supposed" rumors?

I mean many were expecting an announcement on the 10th. You're only letting yourself down with this type of excitement. There's not even a REASON to tour right now. Canada maybe, a full blown us tour, not likely. Is it possible? Yes. Likely? Not at all.

LMAO, wait until tomorrow.....
    And you do the same.

Remember the Canadian tour that was just about to be announced over and over? Did it ever happen?

I'll be back to see how right you are.

I'm not pissing on the fun, I'm trying to be realistic. To watch these rumors pop up out of thin air is pretty enjoyable.

Did I expect Jeff to give a detailed plans of a tour? No. But if things were in the works, they wouldn't deny it.

It's comical to see all these "what Jeff really meant" comments. Thanks for knowing what he meant more than he himself did. I really needed the clarification.

I really would love a tour announcement so I can see my 461st show, again I'm only trying to keep it realistic here.
    Tim from the ten club was recently quoted as saying "2016 is gonna be a busy year for the guys". Obviously something is in the works or he wouldn't have said that. Also people work at venues and for live nation and those people often tell friends and family about future shows especially if they know someone's favorite band has holds at their venue. This is how these "rumors" get started. With several people getting word of holds at different venues (even specific dates) clearly something is in the works. I realize what Jeff said but ALL the evidence says otherwise. Jeff won't tell a random fan news before anything is announced publicly. They probably had a meeting about not doing that years ago for several reasons...
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,027

Again.if im going...im staying at black diamonds house and party with loganator!!
    Ver, very soon like tomorrow...or this week...or this month?

Seriously though, anyone that reads these boards knows Dimi knows his shit. When Wrigley was about to be announced everyone was calling September, he said July.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    I'm the dude that met Jeff and asked about PJ news.

In my opinion, it was a stock answer. I don't think he would have told me "yeah, actually we are playing an acoustic show at the Tennessee Theatre" if it wasn't already announced.

He said they were doing SA and would meet after the tour to plan the future. The way I see it, he could have easily said "nothing after South America", if indeed that was true and it wouldn't make a difference (because he wouldn't be leaking any information). He answered ambiguously, which leaves the door open.

i think a 2016 North America tour, and a RNDM album/tour is not far fetched.
  • Options

I'm so curious to see this schedule
    severed hand thirteen
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    edited October 2015

Yes?

Lol

my2hands said:

so it sounds like...

New York May 1 & 2

corrected ( but I really hope the MSG things turns out)

for those who have done both, stripping out the legend that is the MSG, which venue sounds better? MSG or Brooklyn?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    With all the rumors (of venue holds and all that) I can see something happening. If it's in April and May I don't know if they would announce this early so I'm glad I have a heads up and will start my PJ tour fund! 6 months seems like a long time out to start selling tickets or am I totally wrong here?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Sprunkn7 said:

With all the rumors (of venue holds and all that) I can see something happening. If it's in April and May I don't know if they would announce this early so I'm glad I have a heads up and will start my PJ tour fund! 6 months seems like a long time out to start selling tickets or am I totally wrong here?

I'm used to an announcement with all the ticket info released at the same time. Like tickets sales start a few days after or the same day as the schedule is released. At least this is what I remember.
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pdalowsky said:

Yes?

Lol

my2hands said:

so it sounds like...

New York May 1 & 2

corrected ( but I really hope the MSG things turns out)

for those who have done both, stripping out the legend that is the MSG, which venue sounds better? MSG or Brooklyn?
    Barclays sounds better. It was engineered with concert sound in mind. I've been to both venues for various concerts in various seating locations, and it's Barclays by a mile all around.

Although, I will say, if you're in the right spot at MSG -- namely, near the techies -- it sounds better than most of the other large hockey sheds out there. Also, you're at MSG.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,623
    @
    Sprunkn7 said:

If the band announced the tour in December or January, a lot of fans might be in a tough position financially because of the holidays/traveling/shopping season. This way, the tour is announced early enough that fans can allocate their disposable income knowing what's still to come without any surprises.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,656

TC282314 said:

A tour is happening (not a rumor). Just hope its supporting the rumored new album.

What album? Meehhhhhhhh (sheep sound)
    Just so you know: sheep usually say "baaaaaaa" not "meeeehhhh".
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    So, strong rumours relating to NYC, Florida etc, so have the autumnal ones vanished?

And... what about Europe?
    I've not heard anything and I think the last few summer European tours the rumours were beginning to surface. I'd be happy if it was like 2009 in terms of Europe.
    It is difficult for me to cross the pond twice in one year!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,841
    dottles said:

So, strong rumours relating to NYC, Florida etc, so have the autumnal ones vanished?

I've not heard anything and I think the last few summer European tours the rumours were beginning to surface. I'd be happy if it was like 2009 in terms of Europe.

If April/May holds true for these East Coast dates then we may see them in Europe end of June/July.

• Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Sprunkn7 said:

6 months isn't long at all. Arcade Fire released their last tour schedule about 9 months ahead of time a few years ago.

However, I disagree with the person who said a tour announcement would be planned in advance of the holiday season since people wouldn't have money. Things like that are not considered by the concert industry. They don't just shut down the industry for 2 months so people can spend money on presents.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    eddiec said:

dottles said:

If April/May holds true for these East Coast dates then we may see them in Europe end of June/July.

That hits festival season so maybe
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,623

Sprunkn7 said:

6 months isn't long at all. Arcade Fire released their last tour schedule about 9 months ahead of time a few years ago.

However, I disagree with the person who said a tour announcement would be planned in advance of the holiday season since people wouldn't have money. Things like that are not considered by the concert industry. They don't just shut down the industry for 2 months so people can spend money on presents.
    I said nothing of the concert industry. I specifically was talking about the band, a band that knows a large fan base will travel to many of these multiple markets about to be announced. A band that knows a large fan base will invest significant resources to do so. A band that respects its' large fan base enough to give it options as early as possible to avoid potential conflicts elsewhere.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options

Sprunkn7 said:

lol..yes but PJ is not like other bands, especially in the touring dept. As much as I would like to know their schedule....I just don't see a full on tour announcement for the Spring this early...

BTW, I would love to have to eat this post :-)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Sprunkn7 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

lol..yes but PJ is not like other bands, especially in the touring dept. As much as I would like to know their schedule....I just don't see a full on tour announcement for the Spring this early...

BTW, I would love to have to eat this post :-)
    You want fries with that?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Today is going to be a fun day
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,885
    Always trust the Greek guy...he surprised me with hints 2 times in the past and he was always right!!

Message in 2014:"I never visited your city before! Time to come...!"
    One week later....bang!!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Mr Derp said:

Today is going to be a fun day

How the hell am I supposed to get work done? haha

I'm still doubting a full tour announcement. Maybe just a festival date? My source in NY didnt act like anything was official yet, but they may just not know.
    severed hand thirteen