Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

Pending Houston hold via FB

y'all had better not be toying with my fucking emotions...

I have been sending the 10C postcards for 5 years now waiting for a Houston date...

I will hit the ceiling if not only do they hit Houston, but play Toyota instead of the stupid venue out in Exxon's forest....
    :)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    shep said:

I have been sending the 10C postcards for 5 years now waiting for a Houston date...

I will hit the ceiling if not only do they hit Houston, but play Toyota instead of the stupid venue out in Exxon's forest....
    shep, I really do hope you get a houston show! Is houston a cool city to check out for a weekend?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited October 2015
    Watching the sheep is very fun.

The initial rumors were around Philadelphia and New York, and now have spread into multiple nights in Florida, Hartford, Houston... This is laughable! It was all supposedly over the fact that the band would play the rrhof at the same time, which also isn't happening.

They've had 4 legs (5 technically) of the LB tour. USA (two legs) Australia, Europe, and USA again. With a 6th South American leg coming very soon. I don't see them swinging back through the states for a while. Until there's some reason to do so. That's a lot more than the boys have played in a while.

You people having fire sales to support a tour, and hoping for an announcement tomorrow are in for a major, major disappointment. Scream at me today, realize I am right tomorrow. (Jesus)
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

The initial rumors were around Philadelphia and New York, and now have spread into multiple nights in Florida, Hartford, Houston... This is laughable! It was all supposedly over the fact that the band would play the rrhof at the same time, which also isn't happening.

They've had 4 legs (5 technically) of the LB tour. USA (two legs) Australia, Europe, and USA again. With a 6th South American leg coming very soon. I don't see them swinging back through the states for a while. Until there's some reason to do so. That's a lot more than the boys have played in a while.

You people having fire sales to support a tour, and hoping for an announcement tomorrow are in for a major, major disappointment. Scream at me today, realize I am right tomorrow. (Jesus)

Well, they've toured at least one leg in every year since 2003. It isn't strange to think a US tour is in the works. I don't think we'd hear about it for several months though if it was. It would be too soon to go back to AUstralia, and Europe has had a lot of love lately from the band too. Who knows.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789

Rubbish. They don't tour like a normal band. They don't need a new album to tour. No point in even counting "legs", they will tour in 2016. Even if it's 2 weeks TOTAL. There were Zero rumors this year besides SA and GCF and both happened to be true. Tons of rumors for next year and mark my words, some will come true. I will agree those hoping for news TMRW will be disappointed ,temporarily , until the announcement is inevitably made.
  • Options

While I am fully aware that all of this is a pipe dream and a best case scenario is: 10-15 dates in the spring up the east coast, ~10 ish Europe festival shows, and (if we're really lucky) another 10-15 dates in the fall up the west coast.... sometimes it's fun to be hopeful.

that being said, I haven't been posting much lately the last couple of years cause there's been nothing going on around here.... and I can't believe that i am taking time to respond to someone who just quoted Jesus.... :scream: ... I guess I'm just depressed my Texans playoff hopes have been dashed... :lol:

Who the fuck quotes Jesus on a Pearl Jam message board anyway? ha ha ha... And if we're all "sheep", what the fuck are you doing even reading this thread and trashing us? There are plenty of other things on the internet to amuse you... go read something else... I'm sure the Fox news outlet has plenty of stuff you'd enjoy.

mcgruff10 said:

shep said:

shep, I really do hope you get a houston show! Is houston a cool city to check out for a weekend?

Houston's nice the spring. Temps are good. Not a hell of a lot of culture here, but the food tourism is awesome, and getting awesomer every week... constantly new (world class) dining places opening up... and the shopping is also great... there are a few good touristy things I give recommendations to, but it's nothing compared to the mecca of NYC or the like... if they ever play and you consider coming, hit me up, I can plan a great weekend for ya ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I wonder how many sheep would fit in the Wells Fargo Center?
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Hoping something comes in driving range from Chicago. Maybe Ed will want to play Wrigley again if the Cubs win the World Series...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873

Your username should be JUST A PARTY POOPER!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550

Do you think that jesus would approve of you coming on here and repeatedly insulting REAL Pearl Jam fans?

How about let them have their fun and dream and postulate without insults.

Namaste
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

You are not invited!!!!
  • Options
    better yet... how many Falla Sheep fit in the Wells Fargo Center?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    I honestly think the next tour announcement that we get will be for RNDM
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410

just an ahole may be more apropo :)
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

Your username should be JUST A PARTY POOPER!
    Lol....

Ya, not so harsh, we're kind of sensitive...jeez
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

i like rumors
    whats the weather like at autumm at bands home state?

id like to hear rumours of europe in between
    Download from iTunes and you can hear Rumours wherever you want ;-)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    shep said:

While I am fully aware that all of this is a pipe dream and a best case scenario is: 10-15 dates in the spring up the east coast, ~10 ish Europe festival shows, and (if we're really lucky) another 10-15 dates in the fall up the west coast.... sometimes it's fun to be hopeful.

that being said, I haven't been posting much lately the last couple of years cause there's been nothing going on around here.... and I can't believe that i am taking time to respond to someone who just quoted Jesus.... :scream: ... I guess I'm just depressed my Texans playoff hopes have been dashed... :lol:

Who the fuck quotes Jesus on a Pearl Jam message board anyway? ha ha ha... And if we're all "sheep", what the fuck are you doing even reading this thread and trashing us? There are plenty of other things on the internet to amuse you... go read something else... I'm sure the Fox news outlet has plenty of stuff you'd enjoy.

mcgruff10 said:

shep said:

Houston's nice the spring. Temps are good. Not a hell of a lot of culture here, but the food tourism is awesome, and getting awesomer every week... constantly new (world class) dining places opening up... and the shopping is also great... there are a few good touristy things I give recommendations to, but it's nothing compared to the mecca of NYC or the like... if they ever play and you consider coming, hit me up, I can plan a great weekend for ya ;)
    Thanks shep! My wife and I have never been to texas so we ve been doing a little research for a 3 day weekend. One of your texas brothers suggested austin over dallas and Houston. Agree?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

shep said:

mcgruff10 said:

shep said:

Thanks shep! My wife and I have never been to texas so we ve been doing a little research for a 3 day weekend. One of your texas brothers suggested austin over dallas and Houston. Agree?
    If you have a high tolerance for hipsters, yes.

Austin is fun, I tend to go there a couple of times a year... That being said, I went last weekend to see the Foo Fighters at ACL, and caught myself marveling at how much it's changed since I started going over there 8 years ago.... and it has not changed for the better.

it's still a cool town, with lots to see and do, but the hipster levels have gotten almost too much for me to handle. a lot of people now live there with no skills or direction in life... they moved there because they heard austin was cool... and they make money pedaling a bike cab around downtown and charging $35 for a ride that would cost you $6 in an Uber and get away with it because of city by laws... nothing like a good "make work" project....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    mcgruff10 said:

shep said:

mcgruff10 said:

shep said:

I live here so I am a bit biased prob but Austin is a pretty cool town. I've only been to Houston once and Dallas to see PJ a few years back so I don't know shit but Austin is cool. If you need advice or ideas please let me know I'd be happy to help!

@JUST A GIRL I love when you post! Everyone needs a shit slinger now and then. Thanks for keeping this place interesting.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    thanks for the info guys! if pj hits up texas I really hope to go and will be contacting you guys. I also heard san antonio is really awesome. shep, I can't stand the hipster scene!!!!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    mcgruff10 said:

thanks for the info guys! if pj hits up texas I really hope to go and will be contacting you guys. I also heard san antonio is really awesome. shep, I can't stand the hipster scene!!!!

Oooohhhhhhh I loathe me some hipsters. It's all out war against gem losers for me. Austin's not too bad although sightings do happen. Austin's really it's own little weird place, but it's losing it's charm a bit more every year. They say 110 people move to Austin every day now, so ya gotta assume 5-10 of those are hipster trash. :)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    edited October 2015
    Bottom line is they do enough shows each year to justify the salaries they want to draw and to pay the staff. The more posters and merch we buy the less touring and music making they need to do.. That's the reality
    Post edited by mr bungle on
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited October 2015
    Houston is a cool city. I l have lived in several parts of it. Live downtown now.

The humidity here and heat index in the spring/ summer is rediculous.

Lived in Dallas for 4 years errr( Denton)
    And DAllas/ DFW area is cool.

Austin is fun.
    Haven't been to San Antonio in about 15 yrs, that was Fiesta Texas and Sea World.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    I'm at the Islanders game at the Barclays center. An employee who is a friend of mine saw my PJ hoodie and said "may 2016 there are some holds for them".
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    edited October 2015
    that's beautiful... will definitely be entering any lottery for MSG... not sure about barclays... I really hope they can negotiate for a lot of fan club seats
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

that's beautiful

And she's legit. I'm in shock. Is it Barclays and msg or one? If one the. No announcement tomorrow.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    So she said there is a hold on both or she just knew about Barclay's?
  • Options
    how about 2 @ Barclay's & 2 @ MSG... 4 shows in 5 days... has anyone played both like that? They could sell out the 4 shows no problem
  • Options
    my2hands said:

So she said there is a hold on both or she just knew about Barclay's?

Just Barclays. I said I heard msg and she says she has no idea. And then said "right now it's just a hold".
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 916

I'm at the Islanders game at the Barclays center. An employee who is a friend of mine saw my PJ hoodie and said "may 2016 there are some holds for them".

Nice! Thanks for the info and keeping us up to date!
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022