Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

If I know I'm going to a show why would I not lock up the best hotel option, for the best rate, for free?

This is another reason leaked tour dates are a good thing, it helps out us diehards before the masses move in on the action

I m pumped for Hartford. I loved seeing them there in 2010, 2006 sucked.
    2013 was great and 2008 was incredible.
    Yeah I missed 2013, my wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant. I still kick my butt for not seeing that show. Was 2013 better than 2010 in your opinion?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

100 Pacer said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

I went to the Hilton website to check on room rates in Lexington. Looks like all but a few of the hotels are booked. Is there another event that weekend? Rolex 3 day is the next weekend. Could be setup for that. I poked around and didn't see anything else. Is it all of you guys booking rooms?

Most people wait until they have tickets. This is OCDish.
    How could an attempt to stay ahead of the game be labeled OCD? Find that assertion silly.
    The tour hasn't even been announced. The lottery is not open. Tickets are not on sale. But people are booking rooms. I understand you can cancel, but this is not a standard approach. You don't see why this is OCDish? Really?
    Again, most people wait until they have tickets until they make travel plans. I've always waited until I secured tickets and I've always gotten my Plan A hotel room.
    this is not standard approach? did you write a book about this or something? to each their own.
    No, you must be right. I'm sure 99% of people book after reading a rumor.
    Why do you care if I book a room based on a rumor? I put exactly zero dollars Amd zero cents down with a no fee cancellation.
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

100 Pacer said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

I went to the Hilton website to check on room rates in Lexington. Looks like all but a few of the hotels are booked. Is there another event that weekend? Rolex 3 day is the next weekend. Could be setup for that. I poked around and didn't see anything else. Is it all of you guys booking rooms?

How could an attempt to stay ahead of the game be labeled OCD? Find that assertion silly.
    The tour hasn't even been announced. The lottery is not open. Tickets are not on sale. But people are booking rooms. I understand you can cancel, but this is not a standard approach. You don't see why this is OCDish? Really?
    Again, most people wait until they have tickets until they make travel plans. I've always waited until I secured tickets and I've always gotten my Plan A hotel room.
    this is not standard approach? did you write a book about this or something? to each their own.
    Well Ed says he's not going to tour in October anymore in case the Cubs make it to the World Series. Is that OCD?

It may not be what most people do, but it's a zero risk, high reward situation. OCD implies some sort of defect in thought process. Any kind of speculation by your definition would therefore be OCD. It's not something you would do, obviously, but I know some people would judge you just by the fact you're willing to travel to see a band you love.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

100 Pacer said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

Why do you care if I book a room based on a rumor? I put exactly zero dollars Amd zero cents down with a no fee cancellation.
    I don't care. Why did you care when I said it wasn't the standard approach? Obviously, almost all people don't book based off rumors. I didn't think anyone could argue with this, but here at the Pit, anything's possible. I didn't write a book, but I do possess an once of common sense. Again, I must be wrong which makes you right. BOOK THOSE WEST COAST SHOWS NOW!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    As always, its not a PJ board discussion without people jumping all over someone for stating their opinion.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

100 Pacer said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

I don't care. Why did you care when I said it wasn't the standard approach? Obviously, almost all people don't book based off rumors. I didn't think anyone could argue with this, but here at the Pit, anything's possible. I didn't write a book, but I do possess an once of common sense. Again, I must be wrong which makes you right. BOOK THOSE WEST COAST SHOWS NOW!
    I ll buy you and your "once" of common sense a beer in Hartford!!! Fingers crossed I get to go to four shows this tour. And If it s not Hartford then Albany it is!!
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Booking a room that's cancel-able makes great sense. 48hrs tops after dates are released prices will be very friendly to the owner of any hotel.

Anyone who has booked in advance is making a smart move.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    If booking a room makes people happy, what does it matter if it's common sense or not ?

I don't even know what common sense is because it's different for everybody.

this is a funny argument
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    IamTom said:

Booking a room that's cancel-able makes great sense. 48hrs tops after dates are released prices will be very friendly to the owner of any hotel.

Very very true. I don't have to worry about hotels considering that I don't live too far from Atlanta and Nashville (if those dates are true). Those will most likely be my only two shows of the tour
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    Kct1961Kct1961 Posts: 99
    CW55354 said:

Dug out my 10 club email from 2014 tour. The email announcement came May 21st stating that you could enter the drawing then until May 28th 10am. Tickets were drawn on May 28th and you were notified that day if you won. Ticketmaster went on sale May 30th.

Thank you.
    NYC 9/26/15
    Mexico City 11/28/15
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

If I know I'm going to a show why would I not lock up the best hotel option, for the best rate, for free?

This is another reason leaked tour dates are a good thing, it helps out us diehards before the masses move in on the action

Yeah I missed 2013, my wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant. I still kick my butt for not seeing that show. Was 2013 better than 2010 in your opinion?
    I didn't go to 2010!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    If the rumor of Lexington is true that is both exciting and disappointing. Exciting because it will be closest to home but disappointing that they are skipping over the Yum Center in Louisville. Louisville is a bigger city with only slightly smaller seating capacity than Rupp. And YUM is newer and the sound is much better. I believe Rupp seats 23,500 and YUM 22,090.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

IamTom said:

Very very true. I don't have to worry about hotels considering that I don't live too far from Atlanta and Nashville (if those dates are true). Those will most likely be my only two shows of the tour
    Those are the two I would hit also. Fingers Crossed!
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

I didn't go to 2010!
    come on! that show was so damn good. which hotel did you book in albany?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

I didn't go to 2010!
    come on! that show was so damn good. which hotel did you book in albany?
    I know I did msg and Newark that year. I was in law school so time and money were limited. Nothing booked in Albany, just philly and Toronto and tor will be cancelled.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    Booked in Toronto. My goal
    Both NY
    Both PH
    Pitt
    Hartford or Albany
    Both Toronto.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

2010 was a great show but 2013 was a special show if that makes sense. You could tell the band felt like it was a special occasion all night. It was a Friday night, it was the last northeast show of the tour...it was one of the best shows I have been to.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    Holiday Inn Express in Albany has gone up in price since I looked this afternoon. Shit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Can't speak for samjam but I booked the Novotel. Close to the venue, looks pretty good, and had a good refundable rate.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    nicknyr15 said:

Booked in Toronto. My goal
    Both NY
    Both PH
    Pitt
    Hartford or Albany
    Both Toronto.

Swap Pitt for buffalo and that's my '16 wish list.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options

Can't speak for samjam but I booked the Novotel. Close to the venue, looks pretty good, and had a good refundable rate.

I just did the same
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2015
    JimmyV said:

Tempted to book an Albany room. If it turns out to be Hartford I can cancel and just drive home afterward.

Do it! what's the risk?
  • Options
    freecandy44freecandy44 Pittsburghish Posts: 90
    Hello im new ;)...ive been a PJ fan since 92 and ive never missed a Pittsburgh show. If this is actually true, April 26 is my birthday and I wouldnt miss this for the world.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If these dates are incorrect there is going to be mass hotel reservation cancelations all across the Eastern time zone lol
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I just did the same
    nicknyr15 said:

I just did the same
    What are the prices looking like ?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

100 Pacer said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

I ll buy you and your "once" of common sense a beer in Hartford!!! Fingers crossed I get to go to four shows this tour. And If it s not Hartford then Albany it is!!
    Ha! I burned myself there.
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

nicknyr15 said:

I just did the same
    nicknyr15 said:

I just did the same
    100-150 a night
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

yellowwho said:

nicknyr15 said:

I just did the same
    nicknyr15 said:

I just did the same
    100-150 a night
    That's good

thanks
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    JimmyV said:

Holiday Inn Express in Albany has gone up in price since I looked this afternoon. Shit.

What venue did you assume?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459

Great hotel..stayed for the 2011 shows..very close to the venue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”