Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

shep said:

I have a wedding on May 14th. You can't make this stuff up. There goes Toronto.

don't worry about it... toronto is the worst place on earth... you don't want to go there (ever)... .or make plans about a fictional date that will never Happen.

I can't stress how terrible Toronto is.... philly and NYC are so much better, and you don't even need a passport! why spend the extra money?
    Are you serious?
    You are saying this, from HOUSTON?!!!

As much as I dislike Toronto, Houston is the WORST city by a long stretch that I've ever visited...I'd visit Ulaanbaatar again before going back to Houston...we have a direct flight from Vancouver BC (best city on earth) and I won't be back there for even PJ!

Seriously...
    Houston is a great city & it's my hometown.

The high road is a good place to visit if you're not looking to offend other people.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217

Jimminez said:

Well, given all this buzz will book my rooms tonight. Any suggestions for hotels in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa? I've never been to a concert there and don't know what the likely venues will be.

Currently the closest place to the Canadian Tire Center are the Country Inn Suites and Holiday Inn & Suites. Both are walking distance with the Holiday Inn being a bit further but next to many restaurant/bar options. Live in the Ottawa area, so if you want other options left me know, but those would be the best choices for close to the venue.

I booked the Marriott near the Bell Center for Montreal.
    Thanks Jimminez. It's seriously called the Canadian Tire Centre? :minus_one:
    Yup. Was the Scotiabank Place and Corel Centre before.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    shep said:

don't worry about it... toronto is the worst place on earth... you don't want to go there (ever)... .or make plans about a fictional date that will never Happen.

I can't stress how terrible Toronto is.... philly and NYC are so much better, and you don't even need a passport! why spend the extra money?
    No way shep, NYC is so overrated. And Philly, the fans are so bad they freaking booed Santa. I d stay far
    Away from each city.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    my2hands said:

Hi, my name is My2hands, and I'm a pre-announcement hotel reserver

Good job... 1st step to recovery from your PJ addiction... Oops I meant 1st step to CONFIRM your PJ addiction!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    you know shit is crazy when the non official "tour schedule" starts making it in music articles on the internet...lol.
    Don't ask me were I saw it...I just know I saw it somewhere!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2015
    Sprunkn7 said:

you know shit is crazy when the non official "tour schedule" starts making it in music articles on the internet...lol.
    Don't ask me were I saw it...I just know I saw it somewhere!

Amazing stuff isnt it? Hack journalism is all the rage in the internet era
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Time to cancel my Toronto hotel :disappointed:

Booked and cancelled before any announcement haha
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    I went to the Hilton website to check on room rates in Lexington. Looks like all but a few of the hotels are booked. Is there another event that weekend? Rolex 3 day is the next weekend. Could be setup for that. I poked around and didn't see anything else. Is it all of you guys booking rooms?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    CW55354 said:

I went to the Hilton website to check on room rates in Lexington. Looks like all but a few of the hotels are booked. Is there another event that weekend? Rolex 3 day is the next weekend. Could be setup for that. I poked around and didn't see anything else. Is it all of you guys booking rooms?

Most people wait until they have tickets. This is OCDish.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659

shep said:

Are you serious?
    You are saying this, from HOUSTON?!!!

As much as I dislike Toronto, Houston is the WORST city by a long stretch that I've ever visited...I'd visit Ulaanbaatar again before going back to Houston...we have a direct flight from Vancouver BC (best city on earth) and I won't be back there for even PJ!

Seriously...
    dude... you need to relax. It's a joke.

I love toronto. My brother and one of my best friends lives there... I visit twice a year. if my job allowed me to, i'd be living there. I just think the toronto shows will be terrible. Eddie's voice will be shot by then ;)

That being said, I'm not from Houston, but I live here now. Hated it at first when I moved here 8 years ago, but it's changed a lot since I moved here. I have a lot of fun now a days. If you like food, it's actually one of the premier food scenes in the world right now... there is a new restaurant opening every other day.... so much BBQ it will make your head spin.... the shopping is fantastic (i know you don't care, but your wife probably does)... and the tailgate on sundays is the best....

That being said, without someone to guide you around town on a visit, I can see why anyone would say it's terrible.... the place is really spread out and stuff can be tough to find if you don't know what you're looking for.

Anyway, hate on man. You can keep hongcouver and your real estate prices.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You may be right. But Lexington doesn't have nearly the hotel space as most of the other cities. It's no different than booking rooms in hope of your favorite team making it to the finals. Takes 5 minutes and costs nothing. Given the lack of rooms compared to, say Toronto, I'd rather book now and be assured a room close than have to settle for a crap room farther away.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    edited October 2015
    I know some of these dates are more than likely holds and not 100% accurate, but I really have a tough time believing there will be 4 Florida shows. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of our Florida brotheren.

I also don't foresee this being the only leg or tour that takes place in the US next year. I would highly anticipate some Midwest dates and West Coast/Pacific NW dates later in the year.

I just hope when the announcement is made, they make it clear whether there will be additional dates later in the year or not.
    Post edited by YLed2 on
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

It doesn't cost anything but the time it takes to fill out an internet reservation form and can be canceled with a single click.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    4 shows in Florida is not a real surprise to me... Vedder played 8 shows there on his last USA tour... 6 shows in 3 of the rumored locations

Vedder primed the pump in 2012 at several places PJ hadn't hit in a while... most places he played that year PJ ended up playing on the Lightning Bolt tour so far... he seems to be scouting locations on his solo tours and it probably gives management a chance to scout and negotiate locations while actually making money on tour

they are actually pretty prefictable, just have to read between the lines

$20 says Houston, San Antonio, and Albequrque happen later this year... and probably Las Vegas
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    YLed2 said:

\

I just hope when the announcement is made, they make it clear whether there will be additional dates later in the year or not.

Yes, fully agree.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    YLed2 said:

I know some of these dates are more than likely holds and not 100% accurate, but I really have a tough time believing there will be 4 Floreida shows. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of our Florida brotheren.

I also don't foresee this being the only leg or tour that takes place in the US next year. I would highly anticipate some Midwest dates and West Coast/Pacific NW dates later in the year.

ckravitz said:

YLed2 said:

\

Yes, fully agree.
    It would be nice
  • Options
    eddiec said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

I guess by the same measure, so is checking the message board every day and keeping track of this thread. By the same token, so is hitting refresh on the 10th for new merch. So is lining up hours early up for GA cause you have to get in front of Mike. It took me less time to check hotel rates than to post on the board.
    I guess there's a spectrum of fandom (and keep in mind fan is short for fanatic) and I see all of those as equal. I won't spend money I don't have on the band. I won't wait outside their hotel room. I won't take time away from work or family. But I will click on my Hilton app to see how many rooms are available in a small market city that has a small chance at getting a show and reserve when I see that only 2 of the local 8 Hilton chain hotels even have rooms available.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

I think it doesn't hurt a bit. it's zero risk and it sure beats the stress of trying to find a room last minute.

especially with all these crazy members gabbing up all the rooms...

( ^^^ just a joke ^^^) lol.... in case someone didn't get it
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

eddiec said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

I think it doesn't hurt a bit. it's zero risk and it sure beats the stress of trying to find a room last minute.

spell correction:

grabbing would be correct...

not

gabbing

sorry grammer police
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    yellowwho said:

eddiec said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

I know. Booking.com closed my account because I had too many cancellations.

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    yellowwho said:

yellowwho said:

eddiec said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

spell correction:

not

gabbing

sorry grammer police
    Grammar
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles said:

yellowwho said:

yellowwho said:

eddiec said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

spell correction:

not

gabbing

sorry grammer police
    Grammar
    Too funny!
  • Options
    dottles said:

yellowwho said:

yellowwho said:

eddiec said:

CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

You would think.

spell correction:

not

gabbing

sorry grammer police
    Grammar
    hahaha....

I thought it was funny
  • Options
    Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199
    my2hands said:

4 shows in Florida is not a real surprise to me... Vedder played 8 shows there on his last USA tour... 6 shows in 3 of the rumored locations

Vedder primed the pump in 2012 at several places PJ hadn't hit in a while... most places he played that year PJ ended up playing on the Lightning Bolt tour so far... he seems to be scouting locations on his solo tours and it probably gives management a chance to scout and negotiate locations while actually making money on tour

If not already been noted, if they do indeed play in April in Tampa, it will have been nearly 8 years since they last played in that town. If indeed true, I'm not surprised to see the sunshine state get several shows. Hopefully they play in Amelia Arena. It has been renovated and updated several times over the last 4 years. It's a beautiful room.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Ottawa is gonna be off the hook for no particular reason. :whistle:

And to think I used to live in Ottawa for 7 years. Could actually be a few reasons it will be off the hook.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I'm guessing we get an official "Stay Tuned" tommorow with the full announcement and lottery starting by the end of the week
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I'm guessing we get an official "Stay Tuned" tommorow with the full announcement and lottery starting by the end of the week

I hope so, knowing all these unreleased- unofficial dates sure is making time go slow
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,665
    CopperTom said:

CW55354 said:

How could an attempt to stay ahead of the game be labeled OCD? Find that assertion silly.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited October 2015
    samjam said:

on2legs said:

SteffyLou said:

How many of you have started putting rooms on hold just in case?

I'll sheepishly admit that I booked a room for one of the cities on the schedule.
    Probably about to do this too, for the city we'd need accommodations in. I am embarrassed :lol:
    Yep, we pulled the trigger. Toronto booked! Now we just gotta hope it's actually the same day as the rumors :lol: Not that anything will happen if it's not those dates, since free cancellation and all, but would be nice to have one less thing to worry about.
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2