2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    AlaG said:

Am I the only one that still believes 25 years to be a milestone that the band doesn't care much to celebrate? Kind of cheapens the significance of the anniversary shows if they come so frequently from here on out, imo. I'm just thinking we'll get a bunch more tour dates in the usual locations across the country.

I could not give any less of a shit about "PJ25"...

I just want to go to the fucking gorge for a pearl jam show...

I have been waiting for an opportunity since I (1) saw the venue and (2) couldn't afford going to the last time...

I am pissed it has already been 10 years... I thought I would have had my chance by now...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    my guess...
    west coast leg added but... no destination weekend... unless you consider the ballpark shows destinations. which I do since I am travelling to Wrigley for both shows.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I have no clue what makes people think there will be no PJ25 event, or should I say a large event in the seattle/western time zone... its been rumored for months... the schedule pretty much points to it being obvious... they even acknowledged it in their twitter chat, just couldn't reveal any information at the time...

and anybody that thinks the Ride festival is the only show this year west of the Mississippi is crazy...its still only February folks! lol
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    If it happens PJ25 I'm going for it and making it my last PJ show I attend , otherwise Fenway will be my last show ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 885
    edited February 2016
    my2hands said:

I have no clue what makes people think there will be no PJ25 event, or should I say a large event in the seattle/western time zone... its been rumored for months... the schedule pretty much points to it being obvious... they even acknowledged it in their twitter chat, just couldn't reveal any information at the time...

and anybody that thinks the Ride festival is the only show this year west of the Mississippi is crazy...its still only February folks! lol

Have not heard anything about a specific PJ25 event outside of heavy speculation on this board. I think that by saying they have something planned for their 25th anniversary in the Twitter chat, they were merely foreshadowing a heavy 2016 tour schedule. Do I think that there will be more Western dates in 2016? Absolutely. Do I think there will be a huge destination event like Wrigley Field and Fenway on the West Coast? Perhaps. Do I think any particular show on this tour is going to be advertised as a 25th anniversary celebration show? Not at all. I'd honestly be less shocked if they dropped a surprise album right before the Florida dates to support the tour.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • If it happens PJ25 I'm going for it and making it my last PJ show I attend , otherwise Fenway will be my last show ...

you can check out any time you like but....

If it happens PJ25 I'm going for it and making it my last PJ show I attend , otherwise Fenway will be my last show ...

you can check out any time you like but....
    I know that but since I do have a current membership that expires next November I'll use it for PJ25 I got lucky and won lottery for Fenway Friday show I'll be sure to wave from my 3rd row seat !!
  • the band loves you man
    you just forget that.
    good way to go out with as bang!
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,322
    my2hands said:

I agree that there will be another leg of dates out west. However I'm not convinced that a PJ25 event will happen. Remember that PJ20 were the only shows in the US that year. Looks like there will be lots of dates this year. I know what Kelly Curtis said but plans do change. They could have decided to just do more shows than have an event or they do do an event and no more dates. I think it's one or the other.
    AlaG said:

my2hands said:

Have not heard anything about a specific PJ25 event outside of heavy speculation on this board. I think that by saying they have something planned for their 25th anniversary in the Twitter chat, they were merely foreshadowing a heavy 2016 tour schedule. Do I think that there will be more Western dates in 2016? Absolutely. Do I think there will be a huge destination event like Wrigley Field and Fenway on the West Coast? Perhaps. Do I think any particular show on this tour is going to be advertised as a 25th anniversary celebration show? Not at all. I'd honestly be less shocked if they dropped a surprise album right before the Florida dates to support the tour.
    I agree with this.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited February 2016
    I'm counting on a West Coast Leg then maybe a few shows in Europe.

All Times and Dates to be Determined - Somewhat based on the Cubs Post Season
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

edited February 2016
    i'm going to have some fun and assume a tour & seattle event are coming... i'm going to assume the tour is between 'Roo & Ride in June/July and Seattle is Labor Day Weekend...

if i assume those things the question is, when is the announcement? I guess it would follow the earlier lead, announcing a 15-20 date tour and a large event in Seattle at the same time, with the lotto/public sale for the Seattle event a few weeks after the regular dates lotto/public sale...

my best guess for announcement possibilities:
    March 7 with a public sale of March 18 (Seattle maybe on April 1st?)... this is 3 months before the tour, and 6 months before the large event... which fits their recent pattern perfectly

anything later in March conflicts with Good Friday/Easter & April Tour...
    anything in April conflicts with April/May tour so I definitely don't see that...
    May 2 & 9 they are on tour so that's out...
    May 16 would mean a public sale on Friday of Memorial Day Weekend, possible but HIGHLY doubt it... May 23 would mean a public sale on June 3, seems too late... May 30 is memorial day so that's out...

so, IF there are tour dates between Roo & Rise, I think they have to announce the week of March 7th... if no announcement is made by the end of that week, I think its safe to say any upcoming tour dates would be later in the year, as was previously discussed in this thread (late summer/autumn)

The thing that slows me down is a total lack of leaks of holds, cities, venues, etc... but there was a brief leak on facebook? Do we know anything more about that?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    What is Rise??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

Nevermind...
    just figured out you were talking about The Ride Festival in July!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

The end of an era Jose...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    derbydave said:

What is Rise??

Sorry, I've been calling it Rise for some reason and I can't shake it lol
    my2hands said:

derbydave said:

What is Rise??

Sorry, I've been calling it Rise for some reason and I can't shake it lol
    Just took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about...
    Didn't know if "Roo & Rise" was something in the same area as Bonnaroo!!
    Got it now!!

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Haha how do you know? What if the next album blows your mind like the leaf your sporting??
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    my2hands said:

i'm going to have some fun and assume a tour & seattle event are coming... i'm going to assume the tour is between 'Roo & Ride in June/July and Seattle is Labor Day Weekend...

if i assume those things the question is, when is the announcement? I guess it would follow the earlier lead, announcing a 15-20 date tour and a large event in Seattle at the same time, with the lotto/public sale for the Seattle event a few weeks after the regular dates lotto/public sale...

March 7 with a public sale of March 18 (Seattle maybe on April 1st?)... this is 3 months before the tour, and 6 months before the large event... which fits their recent pattern perfectly

anything in April conflicts with April/May tour so I definitely don't see that...
    May 2 & 9 they are on tour so that's out... May16 would mean a public sale on Friday of Memorial Day Weekend, possible but HIGHLY doubt it... May 23 is memorial day so that's out... May 30 would mean a public sale in June and that isn't working if its a june/july tour

so, IF there are tour dates between Roo & Rise, I think they have to announce the week of March 7th... if no announcement is made by the end of that week, I think its safe to say any upcoming tour dates would be later in the year, as was previously discussed in this thread (late summer/autumn)

The thing that slows me down is a total lack of leaks of holds, cities, venues, etc... but there was a brief leak on facebook? Do we know anything more about that?

You are so way off. Memorial day is May 30th, not the 23rd. Haha. I actually agree with you on the rest though. I just find it surprising that we haven't really had any leaks or good info from people with actual sources.
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509

I did that after the last show of the 2002 tour (Seattle). Was just about to finish my undergrad, go travelling for a year, and was like "fuck it" this is the best they can ever get...I'm going out on a high note!

Stupidly, I missed out on shows from 2003-2009. Glad I'm back in full force, but regrets loom large and heavy (especially absences at Benny and Gorge shows). Even though was living in Australia, and having an amazing time, missing those shows still eats me up.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    PRLJM1 said:

my2hands said:

May 2 & 9 they are on tour so that's out... May16 would mean a public sale on Friday of Memorial Day Weekend, possible but HIGHLY doubt it... May 23 is memorial day so that's out... May 30 would mean a public sale in June and that isn't working if its a june/july tour

You are so way off. Memorial day is May 30th, not the 23rd. Haha. I actually agree with you on the rest though. I just find it surprising that we haven't really had any leaks or good info from people with actual sources.
    I fixed it... small slip up lol
    edited February 2016
    I would love to know more about that FB list of cities that was taken down... I actually think they may be legit and that's why they were taken down
  • Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    Can someone repost that pic? I remember seeing Seattle and Red Rocks on there, and that's about all I can remember. Where was this seen again?

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    I remain skeptical of the dates posted and then taken down by random Facebook guy.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

I remain skeptical of the dates posted and then taken down by random Facebook guy.

I agree... but I have a funny feeling about them... there were some odd cities on there that I don't think someone would just randomly make up, and I did a little research and those cities had brand new, or newly renovated arenas...

if they were fake why take them down? it feels like someone got their wrist slapped and pulled them back asap
    I just want to know if Red Rocks or The Gorge is happening before I blow my load on the Ride festival...

Any lurkers out there that may have info please feel free to pm me on the side!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    my2hands said:

I just want to know if Red Rocks or The Gorge is happening before I blow my load on the Ride festival...

I don't think anyone knows anything, but they're already doing a festival in Colorado so it seems like that would make Red Rocks redundant (you've also got the problem where Red Rocks only holds 10k people, so it's a bit small to hold a band that routinely fills up 18k to 20k arenas).

Hopefully we get a Gorge show though.....To be honest I already bought Wrigley tickets and Seattle/Vancouver/Gorge shows are as local as they get for me, so if there's no NorthWest dates until next year I wouldn't be mad. Most of the time I go to the Seattle/Vancouver area shows so I get a few, then its a few years without, so spreading it out wouldn't be so bad :)
    edited February 2016
    Zod said:

my2hands said:

I don't think anyone knows anything, but they're already doing a festival in Colorado so it seems like that would make Red Rocks redundant (you've also got the problem where Red Rocks only holds 10k people, so it's a bit small to hold a band that routinely fills up 18k to 20k arenas).

Hopefully we get a Gorge show though.....To be honest I already bought Wrigley tickets and Seattle/Vancouver/Gorge shows are as local as they get for me, so if there's no NorthWest dates until next year I wouldn't be mad. Most of the time I go to the Seattle/Vancouver area shows so I get a few, then its a few years without, so spreading it out wouldn't be so bad :)
    a festival with 11,000 people in the southwest corner of Colorado does not seem like a good enough reason to skip the Denver area... I highly doubt they would play the arena again so soon though, so I feel strongly they are playing red rocks, just need confirmation before next friday....

but honestly, I don't know shit, so maybe someone out there has a little glimmer of info?
    BeerBaron said:

The end of an era Jose...
    It's been s great era because of this band I got to meet folks like you and 100Pacer that is what I would take from my 20 yrs of following this band meeting really great fans !!
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    my2hands said:

Ditto!!!! I am about to commit to a 24 hour drive as opposed to a 5 hour one if the Gorge gets announced in the next week. I would love to say I could do both.....but in reality its one or the other
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'