Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    2003 was bad for 10 club members. great shows 2 nights 61 songs only 1 the same. but not many seats to allocate for the most part. thats why they gave away free lawn seats for night 2. thats when set lists were different. 2 absolutely different shows.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    at the dte
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    MK88178 said:

kerbjack said:

Please announce the Gorge dates before I have to decide on going down to Telluride!

They will allow telluride to sell tickets. Then they will release the next part of the tour. They have done this time and time again. This year is an amazing example.
    This time the sales don't happen for 2 weeks still, not unlike Bonaroo.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    edited February 2016
    kerbjack said:

MK88178 said:

kerbjack said:

Please announce the Gorge dates before I have to decide on going down to Telluride!

They will allow telluride to sell tickets. Then they will release the next part of the tour. They have done this time and time again. This year is an amazing example.
    This time the sales don't happen for 2 weeks still, not unlike Bonaroo.
    Yea but they did a Jan sale for April. Why couldn't they do a march for jun/july. Same time frame. I think they release the next set of dates March 8th. Just a guess. No different than the other 300 pages on here.

Ps. my bank account would thank them for that.
    Post edited by MK88178 on
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    my2hands said:

I think it's possible they play the Gorge AND Red Rocks... which would help ease the 10c ticket pressure for both

In theory anything is possible, but I doubt there will be any significant improvement in your lottery odds. Red Rocks would be a massive draw, equal to or bigger than PJ25, and those people (you know who your are) would just their spouse/second/third 10c accounts to ensure they get tickets to both or would just pick RR and grab public sale tickets for the Gorge. As debbie downer as this sounds, for the sanity of the fan club I hope they skip RR.

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Yeah, red rocks tickets would be a shit storm
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2016
    RE4790 said:

As debbie downer as this sounds, for the sanity of the fan club I hope they skip RR.

I think that's crazy talk... I have no problem losing in a ticket lotto... the last thing I care about are the grown adults that cry when they lose on the lotto, fuck em...

Dissapointment is fine... whining, crying, and complaining is just ridiculous
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    I would love an early March announcement... and I thought that was possible...

But we haven't seen any leaks at all... nothing leaking out about holds, venues, dates, etc...
  • Options
    I think Bonnaroo is going to be a one-off show
    There should be some west coast dates around Telluride
    And then we get a few Rust belt dates announced in May just as the spring tour is winding down that are scheduled in between the baseball shows
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    i'm still hoping for red rocks around the telluride date so i can justify the trip
    i'm thinking they play 2-3 nights at red rocks and only allow 1 pair per 10c member for 1 show only
    it's also not a ticketmaster venue so the 10c allotment would be more(hopefully)
    shit show or not for tickets i really think they want to play there again...or maybe it's just jeff ;)
    this seems to be a big year for them so i'm guessing and hoping for more surprises
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    chiefnjk said:

Playing in Cedar Rapids (at US Cellular Center) would be pretty similar to playing at the iWireless Center in Moline (both about 9,000 capacity).

It would be a major surprise if they played Cedar Rapids but I'd love another Iowa show after all of these years. I still think Des Moines would be a better fit with the larger arena. (16k seats)
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    Another wildcard to pay attention to, but is probably just me dreaming and is 100% speculation

The Bunbury Festival lineup drops soon. It's the weekend before Bonnaroo. They're a newer smaller festival so would likely be less strict in terms of Lexington being within the Radius.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/mtl-concert-news-catchup-sean-paul-mutek-and-osheaga-coming-up-tuesday

Today is catch-up-on-concert-news day. So let’s go:

> Osheaga (July 29 to 31 at Parc Jean-Drapeau) announced the date that they’ll unveil their 2016 11th edition lineup: Tuesday, Feb. 23 at noon. Which is also the day festival passes go on sale.

Will the Radiohead rumours be confirmed? Will the glaring hole in Pearl Jam’s tour schedule be filled with an Osheaga date? Pearl Jam is playing Quebec City’s Centre Vidéotron, on May 5.
  • Options
    Hopefully Tuesday will bring good news for my Canadian friends!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    demetrios said:

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/mtl-concert-news-catchup-sean-paul-mutek-and-osheaga-coming-up-tuesday

Today is catch-up-on-concert-news day. So let’s go:

> Osheaga (July 29 to 31 at Parc Jean-Drapeau) announced the date that they’ll unveil their 2016 11th edition lineup: Tuesday, Feb. 23 at noon. Which is also the day festival passes go on sale.

Will the Radiohead rumours be confirmed? Will the glaring hole in Pearl Jam’s tour schedule be filled with an Osheaga date? Pearl Jam is playing Quebec City’s Centre Vidéotron, on May 5.

You have to assume that Oshega, much like most major festivals at this point, has a 90 day clause either side of the festival... which would preclude a PJ headlining gig...

that being said, I have so many friends who travel up to MTL for oshega from Newfoundland... it would be really hard to say no to that.... especially if combined with radiohead....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    IF Red Rocks happens, make them 10c exclusive shows. Write Ticketmaster a check. I'll gladly pay an extra fee to keep the resellers out of there, and give me a slightly better shot at the lotto for shows in my backyard
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    edited February 2016
    sjshoe said:

IF Red Rocks happens, make them 10c exclusive shows. Write Ticketmaster a check. I'll gladly pay an extra fee to keep the resellers out of there, and give me a slightly better shot at the lotto for shows in my backyard

I don't know the feasibility of this, but I would absolutely pay extra for something like this. Maybe an initial ten club lottery where tix are "normal" price of $90 or whatever they are. And then another go 'round where they are like $120. The $30 extra per ticket goes directly to Ticketmaster to "buy them out" and let Ten Club offer them to fan club members. In a "normal" size venue that's like half a million bucks after accounting for the initial Ten Club allotment and friends/family. It does unfortunately block the honest portion of the general public who may legitimately want tickets which probably isn't fair, but perhaps they could do this with only a portion of the remaining tickets instead of all of them. I don't know what the right numbers are but it would seem TM is motivated by money, so let's give it to them for a chance at more tix! Haha.

I see by subsequent posts that Red Rocks is not a TM venue... Red Rocks aside, it would still be cool at any venue that uses any of the established ticketing companies.
    Post edited by ckravitz on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    sjshoe said:

As has been stated previously in this and other threads Red Rocks is not a Ticketmaster venue. Therefore TM rules and restrictions do not apply.

So doing a 'private" 10club only show or shows is more of an option at Red Rocks.
  • Options
    red rocks is not a ticketmaster venue
  • Options

Oh God, its not.... its not... tickets.com is it?!?!?
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502

We should give them money anyways. They do a great job and deserve it!
  • Options
    Exclusive ticket seller for Red Rocks is www.axs.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934

Oh God, its not.... its not... tickets.com is it?!?!?
    "HOLY SHIT! Tickets.com just opened up the Red Rocks sale early!"

Fuck them.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I would pay $200 per 10c ticket at red rocks if it meant not 1 single ticket went to a fucking bot
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    edited February 2016
    my2hands said:

I would pay $200 per 10c ticket at red rocks if it meant not 1 single ticket went to a fucking bot

Agreed. It seems that there is at least some competition now between distributors/venues. I wish bands would leverage that to control their ticket allotment and pickup policies.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what 10C does for us. It's clear from Wrigley that they fought for more tickets.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

axs is owned by AEG, AEG is in a partnership with StubHub...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AXS_(ticket_merchant)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    RKCNDY said:

These "partnerships" should be illegal!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Some additional info...

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/1083085/aeg-stubhub-partnership-brings-benefits-far-beyond-secondary
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

Some additional info...

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/1083085/aeg-stubhub-partnership-brings-benefits-far-beyond-secondary
    yeah, I like how in the wiki link, axs claimed they had 'innovative' programs that block ticket bots and then later it says they are partnered with StubHub.

It just all comes down to making the most money and screwing over the consumer. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless