Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    I would bet one of the two is definitely happening (gorge)
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle N2
  • Options
    Nashville 4/24.
    Wondering if Roo tickets sell out is there a chance of this date happening? There is a 12 day gap in Bridgestone Arena schedule. Nothing between Mumford and Sons on 4/15 and a rescheduled Manilow show on 4/28. Columbia 4/21 Jazz Fest 4/23 daytime show. Lexington 4/26 evening show. Isn't Roo typically sold out by now?
  • Options

Nashville 4/24.
    Wondering if Roo tickets sell out is there a chance of this date happening? There is a 12 day gap in Bridgestone Arena schedule. Nothing between Mumford and Sons on 4/15 and a rescheduled Manilow show on 4/28. Columbia 4/21 Jazz Fest 4/23 daytime show. Lexington 4/26 evening show. Isn't Roo typically sold out by now?

I don’t think it would happen as many festivals have a clause in the contract to prevent bands from playing in a certain timeframe and radius from the event itself.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    My money is on the Gorge 7/2 & 7/3 and Red Rocks 7/6 & 7/7. Think we get an announcement within 3 weeks.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

My money is on the Gorge 7/2 & 7/3 and Red Rocks 7/6 & 7/7. Think we get an announcement within 3 weeks.

interesting... it definitely fits... what makes you think that?
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    my2hands said:

interesting... it definitely fits... what makes you think that?
    Just a hunch... because it fits... :)
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    generally when a band plays two nights at the gorge, it's friday and saturday. (in recent years anyway, being more than a decade since pearl jam played out there). i go pretty frequently to the gorge, and this is the pattern I've noticed. sundays are only for dave matthews and the festivals, which are 3 nights.

Cave B is actually booked the 3rd and 4th though. Which doesn't mean anything, but could be a tell too.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop said:

generally when a band plays two nights at the gorge, it's friday and saturday. (in recent years anyway, being more than a decade since pearl jam played out there). i go pretty frequently to the gorge, and this is the pattern I've noticed. sundays are only for dave matthews and the festivals, which are 3 nights.

Cave B is actually booked the 3rd and 4th though. Which doesn't mean anything, but could be a tell too.

interesting tidbits... what is Cave B?
  • Options
    I still think RR is 4 days in 5 nights in the middle of June... but I would take anything, and 2 nights before Ride definitely works out logistically
  • Options
    Cave B is the resort/winery right next to the Gorge, and really the only non-camping lodging that doesn't involve a bit of drive (you can walk from Cave B to the entrance). I've had friends be able to book it for Phish and Arcade Fire before. Often times that is where the band stays. Sometimes they book the whole place, so they can enjoy the pool and beat the heat. I know Phish and Dave Matthews stay there. You have to book it for those shows on rumors though. Like when dates started leaking for Phish this summer, Cave B booked full in like a day.

They have weddings and other events that book them full (especially like on a holiday weekend) but they are generally only full when there are shows. If you look now, they are only booked for announced shows already, and then on 2 other weekends when there are no current shows announced. One of which is the dates that were thrown out for Pearl Jam.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,948
    edited February 2016
    choop said:

Cave B is the resort/winery right next to the Gorge, and really the only non-camping lodging that doesn't involve a bit of drive (you can walk from Cave B to the entrance). I've had friends be able to book it for Phish and Arcade Fire before. Often times that is where the band stays. Sometimes they book the whole place, so they can enjoy the pool and beat the heat. I know Phish and Dave Matthews stay there. You have to book it for those shows on rumors though. Like when dates started leaking for Phish this summer, Cave B booked full in like a day.

They have weddings and other events that book them full (especially like on a holiday weekend) but they are generally only full when there are shows. If you look now, they are only booked for announced shows already, and then on 2 other weekends when there are no current shows announced. One of which is the dates that were thrown out for Pearl Jam.

This is the kind of interesting, in-depth, well thought out, plausible intelligence I come to this thread to find. Very well done. Cheers to you. I think I'm a believer in the Gorge happening now.

:clap:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well, I'm not saying it means anything, but I'd bet given how we all almost died in the heat back in 2006, I'd imagine the band would book it, and unlike other bands, book it full.
    Post edited by choop on
  • Options
    Also just an FYI for that place, you have to pay in full and it is non-refundable, so before the fanatics start doing anything drastic....
  • Options
    choop said:

very interesting... the 3&4th is a sunday/monday... do you mean its booked the 2nd & 3rd? (sat & sun)
  • Options
    yes it's booked the sat and sun of that weekend.
  • Options
    July 4th weekend at the Gorge sounds like a lot of fun... as long as you don't melt lol

Considering what you said about not playing Sundays at the Gorge, I'm guessing the fact that Monday is July 4th changes that, just like DMB on Labor Day Weekend?

I think you guys are onto something!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    choop said:

This might be the best post out of the 9.6k in this thread...

You sold me 100%...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    So I m guessing no msg 3. :(
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    mcgruff10 said:

There's no precedent for it. Haven't done more than a two-nighter in a long while.
  • Options
    seems like MSG3 would have happened by now...

hotel for The Gorge booked... just in case...

prefer red rocks so hopefully that happens...

by the way... I know the gorge holds more people in total, but which actually has more seating? there are not THAT many seats at the gorge if I remember correctly
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    AlaG said:

mcgruff10 said:

There's no precedent for it. Haven't done more than a two-nighter in a long while.
    True but there s two days off between msg2 and Quebec city.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    I thought that some add-on shows to the eastern leg would have been added this week since they wouldnt really affect Ride sales. Still waiting to book my Greenville flight.

Really hope the western leg gets announced soon after the Ride sale. It will be really hard for me to resist if they play Colorado, Seattle/PJ25 and/or Hawaii.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    from a rolling stone article a few years ago about the best amphitheaters in America... PJ is mentioned in both

#1 - Red Rocks
    This dramatic natural venue just outside Denver – named after the two huge boulders that frame its borders – can elevate a good show into a totally unforgettable night. With the exception of Madison Square Garden, no U.S. venue of this size has such an amazing pedigree: The Beatles in 1964, Jimi Hendrix in 1968, Bruce Springsteen in 1978, and so many more. Pearl Jam played Red Rocks exactly once, in 1995, and they still haven't stopped talking about it. "It was just stunning," says guitarist Mike McCready. "We were never able to get there [again]. I don't know why. I want to go back."

#3 - The Gorge
    Sitting on the lawn at the Gorge, with the Columbia River and the rolling hills east of the Okanogan-Wanatchee National Forest behind the stage, just isn't the same experience as spreading out a blanket at any other outdoor venue. Opened in 1985 by a Seattle couple who had planned to use the land to grow grapes for wine, the Gorge became a sort of Red Rocks of the Northwest, where the scenery "adds drama to the performances," as Sleater-Kinney's Corin Tucker describes it. Fans and artists alike rave about the incredible views: Pearl Jam's Mike McCready calls the Gorge his "all-time favorite venue," adding: "The stage overlooking the cliff of the Columbia River as the sun goes down – it's very spiritual."'

Fun Fact: Pearl Jam's Live at the Gorge 05/06 is a massive seven-disc box set, including covers of the Who's "Baba O'Riley" and Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-best-amphitheaters-in-america-20130620/red-rocks-amphitheatre-morrison-colorado-19691231
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo xojpz_zpsyv7yyrba.jpg
  • Options
    lol...

more like: "Digging into the catalog every night tour 2016"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    my2hands said:

lol...

it's just a rumor :)
  • Options

my2hands said:

lol...

it's just a rumor :)
    well played sir, well played...
  • Options
    Celsojam1Celsojam1 Chile Posts: 14
    when PJ in australia?
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    i just gotta say this:

while I would absolutely love to go to the gorge, and if it was 4th of July weekend I would cancel all my current plans and go there instead...

it seems completely illogical that they would announce a show there for that weekend...

think about it: they gave almost 6 months notice for major shows at Fenway and Wrigley Parks... both of which are located in major US cities, with lots of hotels and easy to get to...

now you're telling me that they going to give us only 3 months notice, for a major show, at a venue that is close on a logistical nightmare for those travelling to get to...

does that not make sense to anyone else? (though the competent touring managers associated with this band, that probably makes perfect sense in their eyes)....

while I'd love an excuse to cancel my travel plans to Canada for that weekend... keep dreaming guys...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    shep said:

i just gotta say this:

while I would absolutely love to go to the gorge, and if it was 4th of July weekend I would cancel all my current plans and go there instead...

it seems completely illogical that they would announce a show there for that weekend...

think about it: they gave almost 6 months notice for major shows at Fenway and Wrigley Parks... both of which are located in major US cities, with lots of hotels and easy to get to...

now you're telling me that they going to give us only 3 months notice, for a major show, at a venue that is close on a logistical nightmare for those travelling to get to...

does that not make sense to anyone else? (though the competent touring managers associated with this band, that probably makes perfect sense in their eyes)....

while I'd love an excuse to cancel my travel plans to Canada for that weekend... keep dreaming guys...

It would be 4 months notice...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"