2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2016
    PJ20 was on Labor Day weekend...
    Labor Day weekend is 2 weeks after Wrigley/Chicago... which is 2 weeks after Fenway/Boston...

I would be shocked if its not Labor Day weekend... the schedule is starting to look obvious to me... i'm guessing early march announcement...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,143
    I now have tickets for 7 shows in 2016. I have no more discretionary funds. This thread is therefore dead to me :lol:.

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 975

I now have tickets for 7 shows in 2016. I have no more discretionary funds. This thread is therefore dead to me :lol:.

Wow. Happy 2016 to you! I'm at 3 myself - Philly 1, Philly 2, and MSG 1. But nothing is keeping me out of both Fenway shows. Going to be an awesome year for Pearl Jam for everyone in the Northeast.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,143
    AlaG said:

Wow. Happy 2016 to you! I'm at 3 myself - Philly 1, Philly 2, and MSG 1. But nothing is keeping me out of both Fenway shows. Going to be an awesome year for Pearl Jam for everyone in the Northeast.
    Good luck on Friday!

My thinking was go to a lot since you don't know what the future holds

Shows in the East Coast

2011: none
    2012: 1
    2013: several (amazing year!!!)
    2014: none
    2015: 1 short set and 1 live 2 song taping

That's 1 out of 5 years. I know, it's more than other places. But it's still a small amount. At least we get 3+ hour shows when they do play!!!!

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

AlaG said:

Good luck on Friday!

Shows in the East Coast

That's 1 out of 5 years. I know, it's more than other places. But it's still a small amount. At least we get 3+ hour shows when they do play!!!!

looks like the northeast isn't as spoiled as people think
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I'm not sure where else to post this, since it is just a guess on my part (and if it has been mentioned somewhere else on this thread, my apologies....I'm just not willing to scroll through 307 pages to check)...... Maybe there will be a possibility for people to get tickets, through another lottery (sorry for the bad word), through Global Citizen. If my memory serves, they had tickets for some Pearl Jam shows in the past, which you could try to get with points. It looks as though they have changed that policy, and people can enter the lottery, using points. Granted, you can only enter once, but it is a chance. While there are no tickets/shows up at the moment, they have put Pearl Jam on the first page of their Rewards section (they were on page 2 or 3 before), so maybe it's a possibility? As I said, just a guess on my part.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    ^^ up and entered :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    my2hands said:

AlaG said:

Good luck on Friday!

Shows in the East Coast

Exactly this.

It's not at all if you divide population by the number of shows. It's not even leading in that statistic.
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    PJ 25 = 8/27 @ Seattle, final stop of the Summer tour
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    ckravitz said:

my2hands said:

AlaG said:

Good luck on Friday!

Shows in the East Coast

Exactly this.

It's not at all if you divide population by the number of shows. It's not even leading in that statistic.
    yet everyone and their mother tries for tickets. the last few years have been a rough time to be a fan in the north east.
    as far as additional shows i think i'm good with going to four shows. boston hotels are killing me!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Air23 said:

Solid info or speculation?

That would definitely work...
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Sprunkn7 said:

^^ up and entered :-)

Excellent!! Good luck!
    ELITIST FUK
  • I am probably wrong but I think Fenway, wrigley and the Seattle shows will be announced as pj25 shows.
  • Scoring tickets in the northeast has become terrible man, it's chaos. I've had to try and secure 6 of the hardest tickets on this tour because they are the closest to me.
    Philly/nyc/Boston.

I am probably wrong but I think Fenway, wrigley and the Seattle shows will be announced as pj25 shows.

I think this is pretty much right... announcement will be coming sooner then people think... no other western shows so everyone goes to Seattle
  • gjv76gjv76 Posts: 35
    I'm hoping for Las Vegas in October!! 2 nights at that new arena.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    my2hands said:

I am probably wrong but I think Fenway, wrigley and the Seattle shows will be announced as pj25 shows.

I think this is pretty much right... announcement will be coming sooner then people think... no other western shows so everyone goes to Seattle
    You think that PJ 25 would be announced after the fact? Don't you think it would be announced ahead of time?(like PJ20 was)
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    my2hands said:

Air23 said:

Solid info or speculation?

That would definitely work...
    Speculation! But Ten turns 25 on that day...
  • Holy shit you guys are on crack...Cubs in the World Series? Pass it along.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • AlaG said:

Good luck on Friday!

Shows in the East Coast

I've hit 10 shows in the last 6 years for that very reason: who knows what the future holds...... The day will come when this band no longer tours for some reason or another, and I'll be able to say "damn, I'm glad I went to all those shows while I could" as opposed to only wishing I had.

I'm also fortunate enough to have a wife who enjoys traveling, and enables this obsession.

Got 3 shows in the books already, (Philly 1&2 and Fenway 1) and I'll be at Fenway 2 one way or the other.

This will be it for me this year, but I'm pulling for all you west coasters, I hope you get some dates, and maybe a PJ25 not too far from you.

Keep the faith, I think there's more coming this year!
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    mcgruff10 said:

ckravitz said:

my2hands said:

AlaG said:

Good luck on Friday!

Shows in the East Coast

Exactly this.

yet everyone and their mother tries for tickets. the last few years have been a rough time to be a fan in the north east.
    as far as additional shows i think i'm good with going to four shows. boston hotels are killing me!
    Agreed. The one msg thread about where people are coming from says it all. Not saying it's a bad thing just that when there are complaints about north east shows everyone needs to remember that 1) the "show per capita" isn't out of line at all and 2) people come from all over to attend some of the east coast shows. On quick glance it seems it's more than 50% out of towners for msg 1, and that's a Sunday! This is great, we just need more shows haha.

Yeah I was a little sticker shocked on our hotel in Boston. Fortunately it's myself and 3 college friends to help dull the impact.

I cannot imagine the Stadium shows are PJ25. No, I can't see that at all!
    edited February 2016
    Sprunkn7 said:

I cannot imagine the Stadium shows are PJ25. No, I can't see that at all!

why not? seems like a great way to celebrate it with major events on the east coast, midwest, and west coast all in the span of 1 month... that's assuming they add a major event in seattle around labor day... I think the fact pj20 was labor day weekend and the way the stadium shows are currently set up 2 weeks apart, essentially taking over a major city for a 3 day weekend, the next logical step is Seattle on labor day weekend

I think I read somewhere that the next show added could potentially be the 1000th show as well? if that is true i'm not holding out hope for MSG 3 lol

and I just noticed this... 23 shows currently scheduled in 2016... 2 more would make 25 shows to celebrate PJ25...

looking at all this, I don't think anything but seattle is coming

of course this is all worthless speculation on my part lol

I don't know...I don't think they would announce they are doing a PJ25 and then not tell us what it is until after you buy tickets for it?
    My take on the announcement was they were doing something and it would be labeled PJ25. Maybe I missed something there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    When they announce PJ25 it will be clear they are announcing PJ25. Fenway and Wrigley are not it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    Air23 said:

Maybe they will start the West Coast Tour in Seattle on Saturday August 27th. PJ25. 25th anniversary of Ten. From Seattle, make their way up to Vancouver, Edmonton & Calgary. Then work they way down to end the tour is Austin, Texas. Something like that.
  • JimmyV said:

When they announce PJ25 it will be clear they are announcing PJ25. Fenway and Wrigley are not it.

Agreed. They would have said in the tour announcement, something along the lines of, "join PJ in their 25th anniversary celebration......" There's no way they are going to say after the fact, "oh yeah, these are our 25th anniversary shows. And we're going to play in Seattle/out west too." I think these are just two special shows (one repeat, that they want to make right. And the other is one that I think they've been trying to do for a long time.)

I do believe there will be another announcement in the Spring about a PJ25 event. Whether it's a string of shows, or one big weekend celebration in Seattle. Either way, it will most definitely be out west.
    JimmyV said:

I agree with this :joy:

edited February 2016
    i understand that my friends... i'm not saying they will be officially labeled as PJ25... but when they announce a major event exactly 2 weeks after Wrigley it will definitely feel like they are part of a large celebration... sort of like the DMB caravan a few years ago... large destinations events across the country... they may even have exhibits, pop up shops, art/poster shows, etc in Boston & Chicago... im sure they will have that in seattle... which would be convenient for the off day in the middle and the 2 weeks in between to move and set up

my guess is the Seattle announcement will be coming fairly soon and they will announce those as the last shows of 2016 so they can maximize tickets sales
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    I'm probably in the minority here but I do not see a big PJ25 celebration like PJ20. All I am expecting is a west coast run in the Fall. The Spring Tour, Wrigley and Fenway, and the potential west coast leg is the PJ25 celebration. PJ20 was a special one time thing and I don't see them doing that again.

Of course this is just my opinion.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018