2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Any of those dates line up with the Summer festival season?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:

Think Netherlands, Portugal and Belgium line up with festivals

Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22

JimmyV said:

Given the band's recent European tour history, I feel that gives these dates some added legitimacy.

• JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Given the band's recent European tour history, I feel that gives these dates some added legitimacy.
    Switzerland too is festival time

Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    mcgruff10 said:

just_one said:

here we go again...for EU Fans

http://www.dirtyrock.info/2016/02/pearl-jam-anunciaran-gira-europea-tras-confirmar-fechas-en-norteamerica/

12 June - Landgraaf, Netherlands
    14 June - París, France
    16/17 June - London , UK
    21 June - Rome , Italy
    23 June - Bologne , Italy
    25 June - Milan , Italy
    27 June - Prague , Czech Republic
    30 June - Berlgium
    2 July - Montreux, Switzerland
    4 July - Barcelona, Spain
    7 July - Lisbon, Portugal

that would be awesome for the european fans! since you have shows in your own country you might want to skip msg and sell me your tickets? ;)
    i dont have MSG tickets...wish i had tho lol , travel and hotels are very expensive unfortunally

my ultimate place to see them is MSG (double nights) and Gorge (double nights)

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    derbydave said:

DM282158 said:

I would highly recommend flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami if possible...
    It's a smaller airport, but very nice and serviced by most of the major airlines!!
    Thanks for the response! I think the only other flight option we could take to Fort Laud lands at 620. I figured landing in Miami at 5 is better than Fort Laud at 620
    That's a tough call...
    The Fort Lauderdale airport is only 20 minutes from the venue,
    and the airport is MUCH smaller than MIA, so you can get out very quickly...
    but I agree the 6:20 arrival time is cutting it pretty close!!
    I've flown into both airports many times and know what a hassle MIA can be,
    with a 5pm arrival you'll be lucky to get out of the terminal and thru the rental car center by 6pm
    plus the traffic headed out of town on 75 can be pretty bad on a Friday evening.
    It's probably a wash time-wise with that 6:20 arrival time in FLL,
    but I think I'd still fly into Fort Lauderdale.
    Smaller airport...closer to the venue...I-75 traffic issue.
    Safe travels and I hope you have a GREAT tour!! :rock_on:

I concur with Dave here. I'd fly into FLL instead of Miami.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091
    just_one said:

here we go again...for EU Fans

http://www.dirtyrock.info/2016/02/pearl-jam-anunciaran-gira-europea-tras-confirmar-fechas-en-norteamerica/

12 June - Landgraaf, Netherlands
    14 June - París, France
    16/17 June - London , UK
    21 June - Rome , Italy
    23 June - Bologne , Italy
    25 June - Milan , Italy
    27 June - Prague , Czech Republic
    30 June - Berlgium
    2 July - Montreux, Switzerland
    4 July - Barcelona, Spain
    7 July - Lisbon, Portugal

Let's pray..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 541
    Poncier said:

derbydave said:

DM282158 said:

I would highly recommend flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami if possible...
    It's a smaller airport, but very nice and serviced by most of the major airlines!!
    Thanks for the response! I think the only other flight option we could take to Fort Laud lands at 620. I figured landing in Miami at 5 is better than Fort Laud at 620
    That's a tough call...
    The Fort Lauderdale airport is only 20 minutes from the venue,
    and the airport is MUCH smaller than MIA, so you can get out very quickly...
    but I agree the 6:20 arrival time is cutting it pretty close!!
    I've flown into both airports many times and know what a hassle MIA can be,
    with a 5pm arrival you'll be lucky to get out of the terminal and thru the rental car center by 6pm
    plus the traffic headed out of town on 75 can be pretty bad on a Friday evening.
    It's probably a wash time-wise with that 6:20 arrival time in FLL,
    but I think I'd still fly into Fort Lauderdale.
    Smaller airport...closer to the venue...I-75 traffic issue.
    Safe travels and I hope you have a GREAT tour!! :rock_on:

I concur with Dave here. I'd fly into FLL instead of Miami.

Thanks a bunch for the advice everyone! Can't wait for the shows!
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
    If that Europe tour is for real I think it kills any west coast tour in fall. My bet would be for a standalone PJ25 celebration in either Seattle or Vegas and that's it. Anything more seems like too many shows based on their recent history.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Those are similar dates that were floating around in November. Would be great if they become legit.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590

Those are similar dates that were floating around in November. Would be great if they become legit.

Which ones?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    JimmyV said:

If that Europe tour is for real I think it kills any west coast tour in fall. My bet would be for a standalone PJ25 celebration in either Seattle or Vegas and that's it. Anything more seems like too many shows based on their recent history.

Maybe a few warm up shows. But they would have a month off from July 7-Aug 5.

Fenway would just seem "out there"....as would wrigley. I doubt they do Fenway then pack up, go home, then go to wrigley, then pack up, and go home.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Still holding my breath that somehow the August Pittsburgh date is true.

Best avatar ever. Go penguins, hope you get your show.
    Ty!!!
  • fly into ft lauderdale! its a wash time wise. but there are so many variables flying into miami. the airport itself, getting to the rental in a huge airport, and friday rush hour.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Vedd Hedd said:

Which ones?
    Those aren't "similar" to the dates that were floating around back in November/December, they are identical with the exception of the two Amsterdam dates that now conflict with Bonnaroo being dropped
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    BeerBaron said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Which ones?
    Those aren't "similar" to the dates that were floating around back in November/December, they are identical with the exception of the two Amsterdam dates that now conflict with Bonnaroo being dropped
    They are not legit. Just 3 days between Bonnaroo and Europe??? Come on...
    BeerBaron said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Which ones?
    Gotcha. I didn't realize there were europ dates floated around previously.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Air23 said:

BeerBaron said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Which ones?
    Can be done. For example Metallica and Springsteen have played Bonnaroo with similar gap between it and Europe.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    mrk2 said:

Air23 said:

BeerBaron said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Which ones?
    Can be done. For example Metallica and Springsteen have played Bonnaroo with similar gap between it and Europe.
    Been done before and as recently as 2009. The band finished up a Europe swing on 8/18 and then played Toronto on 8/21 and Chicago on 8/23 and 8/24.

http://www.pearljam.com/setlists/1024/2009

• Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    JimmyV said:

mrk2 said:

Air23 said:

BeerBaron said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Which ones?
    Been done before and as recently as 2009. The band finished up a Europe swing on 8/18 and then played Toronto on 8/21 and Chicago on 8/23 and 8/24.

http://www.pearljam.com/setlists/1024/2009
    It was 7 years ago. However, this would make Bonnaroo as a warm up for Europe rather than a stand alone show
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Do you mean that airplanes have gotten slower since ? :lol:

Anyway. I don't believe this, even if it would be technically possible. They would have announced these dates already if they were true. The euro tour was booked and good to go many weeks ago. Then Bonnaroo came and messed it all up and they decided to drop Europe. Only a couple of the rumored dates overlapped, they could have easily moved those and made it to Europe if they wanted to.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    Yes, by ALOT. No more Concorde's.
    mrk2 said:

Do you mean that airplanes have gotten slower since ? :lol:

Anyway. I don't believe this, even if it would be technically possible. They would have announced these dates already if they were true. The euro tour was booked and good to go many weeks ago. Then Bonnaroo came and messed it all up and they decided to drop Europe. Only a couple of the rumored dates overlapped, they could have easily moved those and made it to Europe if they wanted to.

• fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I am not a big fan of festivals though; it doesnt have the true Pearl Jam vibe. Too many knockleheads and curfews. I remember the Nijmegen show in the Netherlands; only 1,5 hours and two songs in the encore. Band was obviously upset. I know that they are big money makers but please add some real shows in between. Ziggo in Amsterdam could use another beating. And they will be sold out in minutes.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    now that fenway and wrigley are sold out, where's that msg 3 show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    mcgruff10 said:

now that fenway and wrigley are sold out, where's that msg 3 show?

Inquiring minds want to know!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    I def hope they do something special out west for PJ25 ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2016

I def hope they do something special out west for PJ25 ..

It definitely feels like they are? right? My guess would be a March announcement?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    I can't imagine a scenario where they don't do something out west. Whether it is a list of dates or a destination type event, it's hard to say, but given the "something special" reference in the twitter chat, there's no way that Wrigley is as far "west" as they will be going.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    May would be good time for the announcement!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    MSG 3 will become MSG 1 the next time they play there. That will be in 2021 when we are all worried about where PJ30 will be held.