Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    I have heard that there will be a third MSG show on 5/4 or 5/3. Or at least that there is discussion of a 3rd date between MSG and Pearl Jam.
    5/4 would make more sense because I don't see them doing three nights in a row. Anyone else hear this?
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,919

I have heard that there will be a third MSG show on 5/4 or 5/3. Or at least that there is discussion of a 3rd date between MSG and Pearl Jam.
    5/4 would make more sense because I don't see them doing three nights in a row. Anyone else hear this?

No but count me in!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,009

Say what?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,515

We have almost decided now just to go for Wrigley 1. Also with an eye on a possible PJ25. It's nice problems to think about!

You know if you & Cav are ther for Wrigley-1, you may as well stay for Wrigley-2, since you'll already be ther>LOL

You know you want to

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

Say what?!?!
  • Options
    edited February 2016

0% chance they do 3 days in a row... but 3 in 4 days is a whole different ballgame

Where did you hear this?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    At first I was going to pass on the stadium shows... then I was leaning towards fenway... then I switched to Wrigley... then, yesterday, I made the final executive decision to skip the stadiums completely and focus strictly on red rocks, the gorge, or PJ25 if any if those happen later this year... while also leaving opportunity for a short road trip should any shows within 4 hours of me get announced

Its a gamble, but I can't miss any of the big three I listed... so I'm staying strong and not even looking at the stadium lotto... maybe lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

At first I was going to pass on the stadium shows... then I was leaning towards fenway... then I switched to Wrigley... then, yesterday, I made the final executive decision to skip the stadiums completely and focus strictly on red rocks, the gorge, or PJ25 if any if those happen later this year... while also leaving opportunity for a short road trip should any shows within 4 hours of me that get announced

Its a gamble, but I can't miss any of the big three I listed... so I'm staying strong and nor even looking at the stadium lotto... maybe lol

I bought a house last month so a vacation with my wife and flying out west to see pj is out of the question. Fenway will have to do!
    I'm really going to have to sell her on a possible third night at msg. It would be sick!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    my2hands said:

At first I was going to pass on the stadium shows... then I was leaning towards fenway... then I switched to Wrigley... then, yesterday, I made the final executive decision to skip the stadiums completely and focus strictly on red rocks, the gorge, or PJ25 if any if those happen later this year... while also leaving opportunity for a short road trip should any shows within 4 hours of me that get announced

Its a gamble, but I can't miss any of the big three I listed... so I'm staying strong and nor even looking at the stadium lotto... maybe lol

Can't really blame you. Boston is a three hour drive for me, so its a no-brainer. These trips to major cities can be expensive. I can't imagine a second leg on the west coast not being announced in the coming months
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,415

my2hands said:

they currently only have 5 concerts planned beyond memorial day

if i'm looking at their potential strategy for a blowout 2016 in North America... 50-60 shows... 15-20 shows in each time zone... and how to roll it out, spread it out, satisfy demand, and maximize ticket sales...

Eastern Time Zone - they are starting with announcing the spring tour (3 months advance) & stadiums (6 months advance) at the same time with both sales early in the year, where they know they will sell tickets no problem... Fenway doesn't hurt the spring tour sales because there are so many people in the eastern time zone, and they can count on the euros coming over as well for any of the above as well... they currently have 19 shows scheduled in the eastern time zone which includes 1 festival & 2 stadium shows

Central - announce and sell Wrigley first to maximize sales... there are fewer people than the eastern time zone, therefore slightly less demand, so they hold back any other central 2016 dates until Wrigley is sold out to reduce self poaching... they currently have 3 dates in the central time zone, which is 1 festival & 2 stadium shows... roll out 12-15 shows 3 months in advance of tour...

Western - they currently have zero shows scheduled... if planning a large PJ25/stadium event i assume you would stick with the strategy of announcing that 5-6 months in advance... which leave plenty of room to follow the general thinking of late summer/fall... following the trend so far of 2 stadium/1 festival, perhaps the event is 2 nights @ Safeco Field, with a festival appearance yet to be announced as well... roll out 12-15 shows 3 months in advance of tour

long story short... i might be saving my bullets

Makes sense to me. Something is going to happen on the weekend of July 8-10th at Target Field. It feels that the Twins are holding Kenny Chesney back till Pearl Jam makes up there mind. Kenny has announced his tour with dates scheduled before and after that weekend and is traveling from Pittsburg to Kansas City. He has already played that weekend 3 times selling out all 3. I could see PJ waiting till Wrigley sells out before announcing/deciding on Minneapolis.
    Target Field won't happen, at least not this year. The Twin Cities are only 6 hours by car from Chicago, and Target Field is much larger than Wrigley. With two shows already scheduled in Chicago, and add in the fact that PJ does not visit this part of the country thst often. It ain't happening.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I can see Safeco x2 still yet to come, especially for a PJ25 style event, but I don't see any chance of Target Field happening in 2016

the fact that it would happen BEFORE fenway & Wrigley tells me there is absolutely 0% chance
  • Options
    anybody else hearing anything about MSG 3?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

anybody else hearing anything about MSG 3?

i don't know if my wallet can take msg 3.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    my2hands said:

0% chance they do 3 days in a row... but 3 in 4 days is a whole different ballgame

Where did you hear this?
    But would they really play NY one night and Canada the next? I see this as unlikely either way so who knows. Maybe if MSG is asking them to play the terms are favorable to the band which would could lead to something out of the ordinary (i.e. either playing on consecutive nights in different countries or playing 3 in a row). Either way, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    If they did play a third night it would be nice for people who struck out on nights one and two to get first dibs.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

If they did play a third night it would be nice for people who struck out on nights one and two to get first dibs.

Agreed, I definitely think they would do this. They should only allow them to try for reserved though to protect them from themselves! haha.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    I'm hoping Atlanta gets the 4/14 slot, announcement being delayed to give Bonnaroo a chance to sell max number of tickets. Would fit perfectly between the Beebs and Duran2 :smiley:

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

^ Hey Tom! How are you? Still hoping for that European tour!

I hope so. 2016 is a busy year. I'll have more $$ in 2017.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Where did you hear this?
    No idea if this will happen. As time passeswith no news, I'm beginning to feel less confident. However, it's nice to know the the option is on the table. Hoping the band chooses to do it. Would make sense for them financially. It costs a boatload of money to play MSG. Why not add a third date to get more profits? We all know it will have no troubles selling out.

Anyone remember how long after Inital on sale did they announce the 2nd Woerster show in 2013?

• Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    edited February 2016

No idea if this will happen. As time passeswith no news, I'm beginning to feel less confident. However, it's nice to know the the option is on the table. Hoping the band chooses to do it. Would make sense for them financially. It costs a boatload of money to play MSG. Why not add a third date to get more profits? We all know it will have no troubles selling out.

Anyone remember how long after Inital on sale did they announce the 2nd Woerster show in 2013?

Can't see it happening. If the Rangers are still in the playoffs, they and the NHL will not want the Garden not available for 3 straight nights or even 3 out of 4 nights.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    SkeeterB said:

Can't see it happening. If the Rangers are still in the playoffs, they and the NHL will not want the Garden not available for 3 straight nights or even 3 out of 4 nights.
    Valid point. I thought of this too.

• Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189

MON 7/8 Tour Announcement
    SAT 7/27 General On Sale
    MON 7/30 2nd Show Announcement (On Sale 8/10)
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    SkeeterB said:

Could do another show after Fenway!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    dmbolp said:

MON 7/8 Tour Announcement
    SAT 7/27 General On Sale
    MON 7/30 2nd Show Announcement (On Sale 8/10)
    Thank you!

• Options
    SkeeterB said:

Good point. In that case they should just shimmy across the river to the Prudential Center. Problem solved.
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 513
    Is there anything concrete about PJ25? Don't know whether to hold off and skip Fenway or not.
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle N2
  • Options
    ckravitz said:

mcgruff10 said:

Agreed, I definitely think they would do this. They should only allow them to try for reserved though to protect them from themselves! haha.
    10c did this for Worcester 2 in 2013. I believe only people who were shut out for night 1 could enter the 'first round' of the night 2 lottery. Once those people were taken care of, they had a second round that all other members could enter (through which I scored GA)

I don't think night 2 sold out, which leads me to question if Fenway 2 will sell out.

I have no doubt about Friday night selling out, and I know it's an iconic venue, but it holds over twice as many people as Worcester. I'm sure the 10c will be there in force, but I'm curious what the public demand will be like (& I personally don't think there'll be a 3rd Fenway show added. I just don't think there'll be enough demand)

If MSG3 happens, I hope those who missed out on 1&2 get another chance (unlike that Toronto2 shit show)
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    the_don said:

Is there anything concrete about PJ25? Don't know whether to hold off and skip Fenway or not.

Kelly Curtis mentioned plans for the PJ25 plans in the webchat on Twitter:

@PearlJam anything in the works around PJ25 / 25 years of ten? #PJLiveChat
    Yes, can't say anything yet. - KC

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,635
    Don't see a 3rd NYC show happening.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    cutz said:

We have almost decided now just to go for Wrigley 1. Also with an eye on a possible PJ25. It's nice problems to think about!

You know if you & Cav are ther for Wrigley-1, you may as well stay for Wrigley-2, since you'll already be ther>LOL

You know you want to

We are swaying every hour :lol: