2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2015
    what are the radius rules for bonnaroo? i'm interested in what other shows this could effect?

Atlanta 187 miles (rumored 4/15 date was taken at arena last week)... Lexington (275 miles) has to be safe... i think that 4/26 date is a lock... Columbia they played in 2008 so i'm sure that's good... Charlotte (379) has to be safe with any radius rules, but most people are saying it got dropped?? Raleigh has to be safe location wise... Florida is obviously solid... The Jazzfest rumor still has to be viable if legit...

so MAYBE this scraps Atlanta? my question is what are they sneaking in to replace Nashville and possibly Atlanta? what is happening on Friday 4/15 Saturday 4/16 Sunday 4/17 now? they are playing at least one of those days

basically, exactly what is the plan between Florida and Lexington??? that is the question... the Lexington 4/26 thru Canada part of the rumored schedule seems pretty solid with few expected surprises? but that stretch between Florida & Lexington is very interesting... Jazzfest seems very obvious but that's just one date... Columbia i'm guessing is still in there... Raleigh seems like it would still be in there

this is a fun little distraction/hobby lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

yellowwho said:

Email was forwarded to me, it's legit

Yes, but is it 2 Legit?
    Pearl Jam is 2 Legit 2 Quit. I think?

Ugh I can't believe I keep reading this thread once a day... What is wrong with me?
    That's it !! Just once....lol

your doing great
    Well but look here I am for the 2nd time ha...

I just think it would be hilarious if the tour ends up being COMPLETELY different than all the beat-to-death rumors... no Nashville, no Roo, no ballparks, and has dates that are totally different than everything we've been talking about for 2 months... Pearl Jam to open tour in Vegas, hit New Mexico, 4 cities in Texas, North Dakota, etc... :)
    I wouldn't be Surprised at this point.

• yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    my2hands said:

what are the radius rules for bonnaroo? i'm interested in what other shows this could effect?

Atlanta 187 miles (rumored 4/15 date was taken at arena last week)... Lexington (275 miles) has to be safe... i think that 4/26 date is a lock... Columbia they played in 2008 so i'm sure that's good... Charlotte (379) has to be safe with any radius rules, but most people are saying it got dropped?? Raleigh has to be safe location wise... Florida is obviously solid... The Jazzfest rumor still has to be viable if legit...

so MAYBE this scraps Atlanta? my question is what are they sneaking in to replace Nashville and possibly Atlanta? what is happening on Friday 4/15 Saturday 4/16 Sunday 4/17 now? they are playing at least one of those days

basically, exactly what is the plan between Florida and Lexington??? that is the question... the Lexington 4/26 through Canada part of the rumored schedule seems pretty solid with few expected surprises? but that stretch between Florida & Lexington is very interesting... Jazzfest seems very obvious but that's just one date... Columbia i'm guessing is still in there... Raleigh seems like it would still be in there

I wish I had some answers for you, I cannot confirm anything at this time, or anytime...lol

Basically, I'm of no help. I have no inside info or friends with inside info. I'm in the dark here.

sorry haha
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    At least this would explain why the European tour was "cancelled" as the weekend of 'Roo is the weekend the European tour was scheduled to start in Amsterdam.

It will be really interesting to see what else has changed.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    edited December 2015
    yellowwho said:

my2hands said:

basically, exactly what is the plan between Florida and Lexington??? that is the question... the Lexington 4/26 through Canada part of the rumored schedule seems pretty solid with few expected surprises? but that stretch between Florida & Lexington is very interesting... Jazzfest seems very obvious but that's just one date... Columbia i'm guessing is still in there... Raleigh seems like it would still be in there

I wish I had some answers for you, I cannot confirm anything at this time, or anytime...lol

Basically, I'm of no help. I have no inside info or friends with inside info. I'm in the dark here.

sorry haha
    ;)
    Post edited by Funkez on
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Yea, I think it was a last minute Roo offer. So they will announce first half of 2016 at once which will include Roo and maybe another festival. Plus they can announce the possible Wrigley and Fenway at the same time.

Man I really don't want to go to Roo and can't imagine that a lot will go just for PJ since there will be so many shows close by

Might have to be careful with what is considered "close by" now. I recall Bonnaroo is pretty strict about dates and locations its headliners can play around that festival. That is what worries me about other potential southern dates, if this is true.
    Atlanta is the only show that is close to the Roo radius. The SC and KY shows are fine.

In terms of logistics and coming back to TN in June makes 100% sense based on how much they will be paid by Roo to come back.

Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Yea, I think it was a last minute Roo offer. So they will announce first half of 2016 at once which will include Roo and maybe another festival. Plus they can announce the possible Wrigley and Fenway at the same time.

Man I really don't want to go to Roo and can't imagine that a lot will go just for PJ since there will be so many shows close by

Might have to be careful with what is considered "close by" now. I recall Bonnaroo is pretty strict about dates and locations its headliners can play around that festival. That is what worries me about other potential southern dates, if this is true.
    Atlanta is the only show that is close to the Roo radius. The SC and KY shows are fine.

In terms of logistics and coming back to TN in June makes 100% sense based on how much they will be paid by Roo to come back.

I'm sure Bonnaroo, if true, made them an offer they could not refuse. I'm just disappointed if Nashville and Atlanta are out because of the festival. Were two of the shows I would have really liked to travel and see.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Do people still think the original tour dates are staying in tact? I just kind of assumed if they are playing Bonnaroo in June that their plans would have changed, and the tour would have be re routed around Bonnaroo. Since I highly doubt they'll be on tour from April-June
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Jazzfest has yet to confirm lineup, they will do so in January.

Just sayin'
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    WOW!

I've been saying since 2008 that I would not miss PJ at Roo again, but I think I'd have to this year with all the other planned/speculated/rumored dates.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    2011 Mumford & Sons played Atlanta and then Bonnaroo the next night
  • dmbolp said:

2011 Mumford & Sons played Atlanta and then Bonnaroo the next night

Mumford and Sons wasn't the first name on the Bonnaroo bill in 2011
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    Just offering a data point
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Not playing Nashville!!! Damn it!!!
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Starting to feel like PJ25 is going to be an extensive North American Tour (in lieu of a PJ20 style event).

Spring-east coast/south and Canadian dates
    Summer-festivals/stadiums
    Fall-Midwest/West Coast and Canadian dates (remember Ed said that October is off limits going forward due to the Chicago Cubs baseball juggernaut...)

I still think PJ plays Lolla for the festival's 25th anniversary. If that's the case, maybe they play a smaller venue in Chicago the same week like in '07. Osheaga makes sense too.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,547
    i was going to Nash for sure. that sucks.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    435K Views for something that might/not happen...... :rofl:
    dmbolp said:
    300 mile radius withing 60 days before/after the festival weekend...

interesting... I'm sure a major act like PJ has some wiggle room in negotiations though
    RKCNDY said:

Jazzfest has yet to confirm lineup, they will do so in January.

Just sayin'

I think that is probably probable lol
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Peyton18 said:

Where is the confirmation on this? I spoke to a rep at Bridgestone Arena and she said they were playing there but no set dates yet as that was being negotiated...this was a week ago I got this info, so who knows things change I guess

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,547
    pjalive21 said:

Peyton18 said:

Where is the confirmation on this? I spoke to a rep at Bridgestone Arena and she said they were playing there but no set dates yet as that was being negotiated...this was a week ago I got this info, so who knows things change I guess

as of today a rep there emailed someone and said they've opted to play bonnaroo instead.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    ComeToTX said:

pjalive21 said:

Peyton18 said:

as of today a rep there emailed someone and said they've opted to play bonnaroo instead.
    That sucks....guess that's why she said there were no dates and they were negotiating

im done with festivals in my lifetime, but hope if its true and people go they enjoy

• Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    I was really looking forward to Nashville! Can't do the Roo!
  • MS23098MS23098 Posts: 102
    Consequence of sound (an actual reputable news source) is reporting bonaroo now also
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

Confirmed!