Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Funkez said:

eddiec said:

If Europe was completely ruled out why wouldn't they have just said it the other night. I can understand being vague about an upcoming tour but there's no reason to be vague if there is no tour planned.

True. No need to keep up the suspense just to make the disappointed bigger.
    What suspense? They said they'll be announcing tour dates at the beginning of the year. You'll find out then whether Europe is a part of that or not. Sheesh.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149

Funkez said:

eddiec said:

If Europe was completely ruled out why wouldn't they have just said it the other night. I can understand being vague about an upcoming tour but there's no reason to be vague if there is no tour planned.

What suspense? They said they'll be announcing tour dates at the beginning of the year. You'll find out then whether Europe is a part of that or not. Sheesh.
    Hehehe! Pre-concert announcement disorder.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    if I was pearl jam... and didn't tour the USA for PJ20... and I had a down year in 2015... and I was celebrating PJ25 in 2016... I would tour North America pretty hard... but that's just me
  • Options
    by the way... this thread now officially includes rumors of Guns & Roses AND Led Zeppelin reunion concerts at Wrigley Field

that might be the best yet
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    my2hands said:

by the way... this thread now officially includes rumors of Guns & Roses AND Led Zeppelin reunion concerts at Wrigley Field

And soon people will have sources that say that Barney the dinosaur and his friends are reuniting at Fenway.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    my2hands said:

This will work for now... but, we need to think of it as a base to build off of.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    mrk2 said:

yeah...guy on facebook says Wrigley July 1-2 is solid.

Well that would put the kabash on the European tour then!
    Well, as far as reliable sources go, "guy on facebook" is right up there.
    Wait a minute... *I* am a guy on Facebook! But I don't remember claiming any Wrigley dates...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

mrk2 said:

yeah...guy on facebook says Wrigley July 1-2 is solid.

Well that would put the kabash on the European tour then!
    Well, as far as reliable sources go, "guy on facebook" is right up there.
    Wait a minute... *I* am a guy on Facebook! But I don't remember claiming any Wrigley dates...
    Please do some more facebooking and get back to us..
  • Options
    has anyone checked MySpace ?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    my2hands said:

GnR reunion (Axl, Slash & Duff, no Izzy or Steven) is pretty much a done deal, but doubt it'll be at Wrigley.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    my2hands said:

GNR reunion is definitely happening so a possible wrigley show isn't that surprising. The Zeppelin rumor? Now that is hard to believe!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

I checked Twitter....... Nothing there except for some vague bullshit from a couple of clowns w/ the initials JA & KC
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm being very selfish indeed. PJ really has to give the US some love ( a lot of love actually), I don't care about anywhere else...sorry.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Sprunkn7 said:

I'm being very selfish indeed. PJ really has to give the US some love ( a lot of love actually), I don't care about anywhere else...sorry.

Seriously though, why would anyone want PJ to tour in another part of the world where that person can't see them? I want them to play shows near me, everyone else can squanch off
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989

my2hands said:

GNR reunion is definitely happening so a possible wrigley show isn't that surprising. The Zeppelin rumor? Now that is hard to believe!
    yeah Jimmy Page just announced a new band for himself and possible new record. No way he's doing Zeppelin unless this is a smokescreen. Plant has already said he's done doing LZ tunes.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903
    Funkez said:

Funkez said:

my2hands said:

Funkez said:

Now let me make this one thing clear: You either tour Europe - or you're with the terrorists...

You can't be serious?
    If the reason is the Paris attack? Partly.

But American history - it's a paraphrasing of Bush jr's speech who led to the invasion of Afghanistan after the 9/11 attack (which led to the invasion of Iraq, which turn led to the forming of Deash)
    Dude, seriously go write in the Moving Train section if you want to debate American politics and terrorism.

It's supposedly the reason for the unannounced cancellation of the unannounced euro tour. That's why.

But seriously you guys, chillax...
    So it has nothing to do with America.

Anyway, hoping I win my fantasy leagues so I can afford these shows lol
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,590

my2hands said:

And soon people will have sources that say that Barney the dinosaur and his friends are reuniting at Fenway.
    Hey I would definitely do a Barney show at Fenway but only if I get GA seats! GA or bust for the most anticipated Barney show of all time!!!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    jeff2040 said:

my2hands said:

Hey I would definitely do a Barney show at Fenway but only if I get GA seats! GA or bust for the most anticipated Barney show of all time!!!
    I hear they will paint the green monster purple for this show.

• Options
    jeff2040 said:

my2hands said:

That's what I'm saying, man! Maybe I should start a "Barney & Friends 2016 Tour Rumors" thread.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

• Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,590

jeff2040 said:

my2hands said:

That's what I'm saying, man! Maybe I should start a "Barney & Friends 2016 Tour Rumors" thread.
    Maybe Barney could open for Pearl Jam at Fenway! Make it an outing for the whole family. That would sell some tickets!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    jeff2040 said:

jeff2040 said:

my2hands said:

Maybe Barney could open for Pearl Jam at Fenway! Make it an outing for the whole family. That would sell some tickets!
    Exactly. But we better stop before the thread police tell us to. Lol

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    jeff2040 said:

jeff2040 said:

my2hands said:

Not going to happen. Barney just announced a European tour.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    I'd stop following Pearl Jam and follow Barney. He farts rainbows for crying out loud.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133

Funkez said:

eddiec said:

I see your point; who of us is actually excited about the January annocement? That's kinda lame, who cares, postpone till March for all I care, 206 pages here is a meager attempt at suspense... Sheesh...
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Guys pearl jam tour announcement got delayed for these reasons.
    Last week was Bruce being sold
    This week Adele being sold
    Next week is Christmas
    And the week after New Years

Monday Jan 4 th should be pearl jam week.
    Pure speculation but it makes sense.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    Is there a lot of crossover with Adele?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Guys pearl jam tour announcement got delayed for these reasons.
    Last week was Bruce being sold
    This week Adele being sold
    Next week is Christmas
    And the week after New Years

Monday Jan 4 th should be pearl jam week.
    Pure speculation but it makes sense.

No better way to kick of the new year with some new Pearl Jam news!!!

• Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    My guess is it would send the ticket sites into a frenzy and possibly crash them. Two huge fan bases going ape shit at the same time on the sites for tickets. If there was a crossover of times sold and what not.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    The entire internet will crash. Everyone on planet earth has been wondering what Eddie and friends have been planning. When it's finally broadcast, Isis will behead themselves and Donald Trump will show his Mexican birth certificate. End game.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    did I read that Adele is playing 42 shows @

The entire internet will crash. Everyone on planet earth has been wondering what Eddie and friends have been planning. When it's finally broadcast, Isis will behead themselves and Donald Trump will show his Mexican birth certificate. End game.

I'm in awe