Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

The level of considering hearsay as facts on this thread has reached epic proportions. It is all speculation (apart from the photo of the Lexington sign), so unless you have seen the contracts that were signed then we don't know anything. The rumors have been great fun to watch but the complaining and arguing are just ridiculous. Now, about that Barney reunion...

+1

And, is Barney touring with Tupac?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4EuoXdN8Lw
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102

The level of considering hearsay as facts on this thread has reached epic proportions. It is all speculation (apart from the photo of the Lexington sign), so unless you have seen the contracts that were signed then we don't know anything. The rumors have been great fun to watch but the complaining and arguing are just ridiculous. Now, about that Barney reunion...

+1

And, is Barney touring with Tupac?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4EuoXdN8Lw
    Confirmed
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Don't worry, in like 6-7 months you guys will all be hugging it out bro-style at all 25 US shows forgetting you ever sniped at each other on a message board about a yet to be announced tour. : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,434
    Those who know, don't tell

Those who tell, don't know
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Those who know, don't tell

Those who tell, don't know

Nice one, Obi Wan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZICz8jBhY_o
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Pearl Jam at Bonnaroo confirmed by bridgestone arena booking employee
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
  • Options
  • Options
    Email was forwarded to me, it's legit
  • Options

Yes, but is it 2 Legit?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Damn it..just got an additional source to confirm Nashville is out.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Ok. Nashville is out. Which means that Atlanta and now Lexington are my definite shows that I'm going to (If the rumors are legit)

Just sucks. I love going to Nashville and I need an excuse to go there again.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

• Options

Ok. Nashville is out. Which means that Atlanta and now Lexington are my definite shows that I'm going to (If the rumors are legit)

Just sucks. I love going to Nashville and I need an excuse to go there again.

Well maybe if the Barney & Friends Reunion Tour hits the Bridgestone Arena, I'll have an excellent excuse.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    and the plot thickens...
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited December 2015

Yes, but is it 2 Legit?
    Pearl Jam is 2 Legit 2 Quit. I think?

Ugh I can't believe I keep reading this thread once a day... What is wrong with me?
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Isn't this the 25th anniversary of Lollapalooza?

I'm just sayin'
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    feels like Bonnaroo needed an iconic legacy headliner, they usually like to have at least one, and made an offer that couldn't be refused
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    That's disappointing. Nashville was one of the shows I was planning to attend.

If this is true, it's possible that the timing of the whole tour has changed. Why be in Florida, Georgia, NC, SC, etc in April if you are going to end up back in TN in June?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Yea, I think it was a last minute Roo offer. So they will announce first half of 2016 at once which will include Roo and maybe another festival. Plus they can announce the possible Wrigley and Fenway at the same time.

Man I really don't want to go to Roo and can't imagine that a lot will go just for PJ since there will be so many shows close by
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    I think the hardest part will be if they only release a small amount of dates in January. To really plan accurately, I want to know all the shows for the year. I live in Chicago- do I hope for Wrigley or do I travel to places?
  • Options
    i wouldn't go to Bonnaroo if you bought my ticket... but i love that they are playing it, they killed it in 2008 and im sure a lot of fans would love a reason to go
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885

Yea, I think it was a last minute Roo offer. So they will announce first half of 2016 at once which will include Roo and maybe another festival. Plus they can announce the possible Wrigley and Fenway at the same time.

Man I really don't want to go to Roo and can't imagine that a lot will go just for PJ since there will be so many shows close by

Might have to be careful with what is considered "close by" now. I recall Bonnaroo is pretty strict about dates and locations its headliners can play around that festival. That is what worries me about other potential southern dates, if this is true.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited December 2015
    Really sucks if the cancel Nashville to do Bonnaroo. They haven't played N'ville since 2003!!!! Bonnaroo is not Nashville.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

Yes, but is it 2 Legit?

Ugh I can't believe I keep reading this thread once a day... What is wrong with me?
    That's it !! Just once....lol

your doing great
  • Options
    my2hands said:

i wouldn't go to Bonnaroo if you bought my ticket... but i love that they are playing it, they killed it in 2008 and im sure a lot of fans would love a reason to go

I'm kinda with you. I think 08 was just to good to ever top.
  • Options
    SteffyLou said:

I think the hardest part will be if they only release a small amount of dates in January. To really plan accurately, I want to know all the shows for the year. I live in Chicago- do I hope for Wrigley or do I travel to places?

This is what I'm hoping to hear the most. I would definitely like to do chicago again as well as PJ25 but it will really be hard for me to pass up shows if they don't announce at the same time
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    yellowwho said:

Yes, but is it 2 Legit?

That's it !! Just once....lol

your doing great
    Well but look here I am for the 2nd time ha...

I just think it would be hilarious if the tour ends up being COMPLETELY different than all the beat-to-death rumors... no Nashville, no Roo, no ballparks, and has dates that are totally different than everything we've been talking about for 2 months... Pearl Jam to open tour in Vegas, hit New Mexico, 4 cities in Texas, North Dakota, etc... :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Everyone wants to know all the dates asap, nothing unique about that...no one wants to know some of the dates "soon", and then "maybe" more dates later
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    yes
    my2hands said:

Ditto! I loved 2008 but you can't get me to go back to that humidity again...no way jose. Roo Saturday night 2008 was one of the favorite nights of my life. I'll keep it that way thanks.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,558
    And we've now learned a good lesson about why tours don't get announced sooner from Pearl Jam. It seems like their short tours allow them a lot more flexibility than other bands that book a ton of shows.