Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Not sure what this is worth as a comment but probably the same as everything else that's been mentioned. I remember reading Soundgarden was working on an album in 2016... maybe Matt's busy and can't tour right at the beginning of the year? Although I did see Kelly say an announcement will be made in the first part of the year, just wondering if Matt's involvement in SG bears any significance
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

Yes, can we please stop talking about a tour that never existed being canceled due to Paris? There is not now, nor was there ever, any evidence that a European tour is in the works. There is no evidence that one isn't, but can we please stop the ridiculous speculation surrounding the Paris attacks and cancellation of a tour that does not yet exist?

Just a wee point, there was quite a lot of evidence pointing to a Euro tour. Plenty of people posting re specific shows. Ziggo, Lison, Werchter, Prague, with solid sources.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    IamTom said:

Yes, can we please stop talking about a tour that never existed being canceled due to Paris? There is not now, nor was there ever, any evidence that a European tour is in the works. There is no evidence that one isn't, but can we please stop the ridiculous speculation surrounding the Paris attacks and cancellation of a tour that does not yet exist?

Just a wee point, there was quite a lot of evidence pointing to a Euro tour. Plenty of people posting re specific shows. Ziggo, Lison, Werchter, Prague, with solid sources.
    What are these "solid sources"
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    edited December 2015

IamTom said:

pretty sure Joe was a solid source. Facebook and twitter.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,340
    edited December 2015

IamTom said:

There was a newspaper article out of Portugal that said they were playing the Alive Fest in Lisbon on July 7. Said they signed the contract several months ago. Article said the show would be part of a European tour. Said they were just waiting for pj to officially announce it. I will try to find it.
    Here it is. It's in Portuguese so you'll have to use Google translate.
    http://www.nit.pt/article/12-07-2015-pearl-jam-vao-atuar-no-nos-alive-2016
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    edited December 2015

IamTom said:

There was a newspaper article out of Portugal that said they were playing the Alive Fest in Lisbon on July 7. Said they signed the contract several months ago. Article said the show would be part of a European tour. Said they were just waiting for pj to officially announce it. I will try to find it.
    Here it is. It's in Portuguese so you'll have to use Google translate.
    http://www.nit.pt/article/12-07-2015-pearl-jam-vao-atuar-no-nos-alive-2016
    There's also this: https://liveromeguide.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/rock-in-roma-2016-allippodromo-delle-capannelle/
    Iron Maiden confirmed their concert days after this came out.
    And this: http://www.onlineticketsshop.com/pearl-jam-tickets/o2-arena-prague-prague-132978
    There is just as much evidence out there that a European tour is/was being put together as there is of the US spring tour.
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    I have a credible source at wrigley and he said there will be a Barney and friends reunion show
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    ComeToTX said:

Is there a lot of crossover with Adele?

Hello?!?!?
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    edited December 2015
    MK88178 said:

I have a credible source at wrigley and he said there will be a Barney and friends reunion show

Even Baby Bop will be there?! Dude, him and Barney have not been on good terms ever since the show ended.
    Post edited by Pearl34Jam on
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    Haha
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206

The entire internet will crash. Everyone on planet earth has been wondering what Eddie and friends have been planning. When it's finally broadcast, Isis will behead themselves and Donald Trump will show his Mexican birth certificate. End game.

Congratulations, you have officially won this thread, bravo!
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    So here's a roundup of all the latest info we have :lol:

7 day festival at Wrigley starring James Taylor, Billy Joel, Metallica, GNR, Led Zeppelin, PJ (with support from Barney & Friends)
    Tour of all the 50 states definitely including Detroit
    Special PJ25 weekend celebrations at Wrigley, Fenway, Gorge and Alpine
    Australia is 100% getting a tour too
    New album is almost ready (according to Jeff only needs to be written and recorded)
    Europe is cancelled due to terrorist threats
    Antarctica

Source: Bunch of guys on message boards, facebook and the internets
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,961
    edited December 2015
    IamTom said:

This , even more , at a certain time there was even more evidence of a EU tour than a US tour , so if u want people to stop talking about the EU tour then why not stop also the talk about the US which is nothing than rumoured also.

and if there the cancellation wasnt the attacks in paris , than the only other reason i can see valid and that one is even more sad is eddie ego of playing a show at wrigley because of the cubs in the summer...

Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited December 2015
    You guys are really reaching. I mean, reeeally reaching.

And I never said stop talking about a potential EU tour. All I said was stop talking about how a tour that doesn't exist, nor ever had any good evidence of existing, being canceled because of the events in Paris. That reasoning is not justifiable in any way, shape, or form.

I'll refer you to Jeff Ament's reply from the Twitter q&a.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options

You guys are really reaching. I mean, reeeally reaching.

And I never said stop talking about a potential EU tour. All I said was stop talking about how a tour that doesn't exist, nor ever had any good evidence of existing, being canceled because of the events in Paris. That reasoning is not justifiable in any way, shape, or form.

I'll refer you to Jeff Ament's reply from the Twitter q&a.

You realise re JA's reply on Twitter you could swap Europe for US and the same would hold true? Both are/were rumoured. Up until 2 weeks ago when the cancellation rumours came out there were just as many leaks etc in Europe. However they don't get as much traction here which makes sense as the vast majority of people using this forum are based in the US.

Regarding the reason of it not happening terrorism would be utter speculation. The dates for a tour were booked and that's not speculation.

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options
    just_one said:

IamTom said:

This , even more , at a certain time there was even more evidence of a EU tour than a US tour , so if u want people to stop talking about the EU tour then why not stop also the talk about the US which is nothing than rumoured also.

and if there the cancellation wasnt the attacks in paris , than the only other reason i can see valid and that one is even more sad is eddie ego of playing a show at wrigley because of the cubs in the summer...

Good call.

Those are clearly the only possible reasons why they reportedly canceled the rumored European tours.
    IamTom said:

You realise re JA's reply on Twitter you could swap Europe for US and the same would hold true? Both are/were rumoured. Up until 2 weeks ago when the cancellation rumours came out there were just as many leaks etc in Europe. However they don't get as much traction here which makes sense as the vast majority of people using this forum are based in the US.

Regarding the reason of it not happening terrorism would be utter speculation. The dates for a tour were booked and that's not speculation.

How do you know the dates were booked? I missed that official announcement.
  • Options
    Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    The dates for EU were booked and sealed indeed. According to someone working for the organization of a festival they were supposed to play (also this one was booked, contracts were signed and everything was sealed) the reason for blowing off the entire EU tour are the Paris attacks.

My opinion on this is that it is kind of hypocrite (to use an understatement) to blow off a tour because of this reason while at the same time your manager states in a twitter live chat that "music always wins". And what meanings do cover versions of songs such as "imagine", "redemption song" or an EODM song still have if you let fear win as a band yourself? Nothing if you ask me. And then in January probably multiple NYC (for instance) dates will be announced, as if issues like terror threats do not exist in the big apple...
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Lol
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I heard Boom hates Europe
  • Options
    The level of considering hearsay as facts on this thread has reached epic proportions. It is all speculation (apart from the photo of the Lexington sign), so unless you have seen the contracts that were signed then we don't know anything. The rumors have been great fun to watch but the complaining and arguing are just ridiculous. Now, about that Barney reunion...
  • Options

At least no one is jumping to conclusions or overreacting.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    edited December 2015

Give this man a prize. Thank you for reminding me why I check this thread daily :)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    It is truly amazing how emotional people get about what "some guy" said.
  • Options
    Everyone's a comedian.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    dmbolp said:

ComeToTX said:

Is there a lot of crossover with Adele?

Hello?!?!?
    I got what you did there
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    mrk2 said:

So here's a roundup of all the latest info we have :lol:

7 day festival at Wrigley starring James Taylor, Billy Joel, Metallica, GNR, Led Zeppelin, PJ (with support from Barney & Friends)
    Tour of all the 50 states definitely including Detroit
    Special PJ25 weekend celebrations at Wrigley, Fenway, Gorge and Alpine
    Australia is 100% getting a tour too
    New album is almost ready (according to Jeff only needs to be written and recorded)
    Europe is cancelled due to terrorist threats
    Antarctica

Source: Bunch of guys on message boards, facebook and the internets

" Only Needs To Be Written And Recorded "

This made me laugh a little
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    so what's this?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    If we think its a long wait for any official news about our band, look at Radiohead's long awaited album... 2 1//2 years in the making with a studio picture every 4 months for a possible reunion for the band to finish it...

Pff....
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options

just_one said:

IamTom said:

Good call.

Those are clearly the only possible reasons why they reportedly canceled the rumored European tours.
    IamTom said:

How do you know the dates were booked? I missed that official announcement.
    t

There's been no US announcement so I guess all those dates are just rumours and as per the Twitter convo only Canada is getting shows.

Given To Live -