2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,299

If Pittsburgh doesnt make the cut, I might go on a baby punching spree.

The good news is that Sidney Crosby isn't that hard to find
    Love this.
  • mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

I know they played Pitt in 2013... I attended charlotte so I know they had a lightning bolt show... how about buffalo, cant remember, did they have a show in 2013? any other 2016 rumored dates have a show in 2013 or 2014 besides philly & nyc?

Buffalo had a show in 2013. I think you are spot-on with your theory there. If shows are going to be cut, they are likely going to try to keep their commitments to play cities that have not had shows since pre-LB and cut places like Pittsburgh/Buffalo/Charlotte/Hartford. That's why I always thought Hartford was the long-shot to Albany, but it seems like maybe neither will happen.

NYC and Philly are a different story. They could sell out two shows every year and are both among the band's top 5 markets in the US.
    I forgot about Hartford, they definitely had a lightning bolt show...

by the way, I think NYC & Philly are probably PJ's top 2 markets, globally... but I have an east coast bias lol
    I've never seen a show in either city (except Global citizen) but I would agree. Always the fastest to sell out, even with 2 nights.
    I m surprised they never played three shows in NYC with the exception of crap ass jones beach.
    There is a new rumor......

THREE nights at Jones Beach, Montauk. :lol:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508

I hate cheese

It's amazing we get along so well.
  • I hate cheese

It's amazing we get along so well.
    :lol::relaxed:
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    "It's great that people are basically spending their two weeks of vacation to come out and be with us in some weird part of the world. And I think we owe it to them to take 'em to some cool places." - Jeff Ament
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

I know they played Pitt in 2013... I attended charlotte so I know they had a lightning bolt show... how about buffalo, cant remember, did they have a show in 2013? any other 2016 rumored dates have a show in 2013 or 2014 besides philly & nyc?

Buffalo had a show in 2013. I think you are spot-on with your theory there. If shows are going to be cut, they are likely going to try to keep their commitments to play cities that have not had shows since pre-LB and cut places like Pittsburgh/Buffalo/Charlotte/Hartford. That's why I always thought Hartford was the long-shot to Albany, but it seems like maybe neither will happen.

NYC and Philly are a different story. They could sell out two shows every year and are both among the band's top 5 markets in the US.

by the way, I think NYC & Philly are probably PJ's top 2 markets, globally... but I have an east coast bias lol
    I've never seen a show in either city (except Global citizen) but I would agree. Always the fastest to sell out, even with 2 nights.
    I m surprised they never played three shows in NYC with the exception of crap ass jones beach.
    I was thinking the same thing recently because MMJ has played 3+ nights several times in NYC
    3 nights in a theater is a lot different than 3 nights in an arena. Not that PJ couldn't do it, but it's understandable. I think you can count on one hand the number of 3 night runs on one tour PJ has done. Philly (4 nights over 5 days). Mansfield (which doesn't really count, 3 nights over 9 days) and Jones Beach (legit 3 straight nights). I'm sure I'm missing something.

The MSG/Barclays combo sounds interesting. They could easily do 2 nights in each place, I bet.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

I was thinking the same thing recently because MMJ has played 3+ nights several times in NYC
    But I assume that MMJ plays normal length tours? I think what holds PJ back is the fact that they tend to play these short 12-15 show legs (max), which makes it difficult to dedicate 3 nights to the same city.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,739
    Yes. MMJ just finished a full national tour where they hit basically every area. Crazy idea, right?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    ComeToTX said:

Yes. MMJ just finished a full national tour where they hit basically every area. Crazy idea, right?

MMJ did 2, 3 or even 4 night runs in MANY cities on the tour...
    I saw 2 nights in a row in Detroit, Columbus and Minneapolis this year!!
    PLUS they never repeat a song during these multiple shows :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    Remember when this thread had an over/under at 100 pages?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,140
    Let me clarify that I don't expect PJ to play 3 nights in one city, MMJ just got me thinking if they ever have or will.
    Gibson said:

When's the last time a thread took off like this?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Gibson said:

The new over/under has been officially set at 150 pages
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,390
    my2hands said:

Gibson said:

The new over/under has been officially set at 150 pages
    one million views or else we don t get any tour news.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

Mmj doesn't play for almost three hours, and I bet respectively for each lead singer, the one for pj puts in about 3 to 4 times as much work, both physically and on his vocal cords. What I would LOVE, if we were to compare the two bands, and pj take something away from Mmj, is to have no repeats On multiple night runs. May be hard as 50k people probably want to see pj each night and the band knows some will get shut out of one of two, but I don't know anyone that will be bummed to go to a show and not hear alive
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
    nycrats said:

derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

Mmj doesn't play for almost three hours, and I bet respectively for each lead singer, the one for pj puts in about 3 to 4 times as much work, both physically and on his vocal cords. What I would LOVE, if we were to compare the two bands, and pj take something away from Mmj, is to have no repeats On multiple night runs. May be hard as 50k people probably want to see pj each night and the band knows some will get shut out of one of two, but I don't know anyone that will be bummed to go to a show and not hear alive
    They play 2.5+ hours a night. Pretty close to what PJ does.
    ComeToTX said:

nycrats said:

derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

They played a 3 hour show at Red Rocks this year that was INCREDIBLE too!!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Well, Springsteen tour announcement tomorrow it seems with on sale next Friday. Just hope if PJ announcement is Friday or Monday the on sale times aren't the same
    derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

nycrats said:

derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

I was there too.
    ComeToTX said:

derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

nycrats said:

derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

I was there too.
    Still bummed we didn't get to meet up at the Cleveland show!!

• MagnumPJ said:

Well, Springsteen tour announcement tomorrow it seems with on sale next Friday. Just hope if PJ announcement is Friday or Monday the on sale times aren't the same

My biggest nightmare come to fruition if this happens!!!
    derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

nycrats said:

derbydave said:

ComeToTX said:

I was there too.
    Still bummed we didn't get to meet up at the Cleveland show!!

Yep. That setlist was so good.
  • How come 10c tix are limited to only 200 each concert for this tour?
  • my2hands said:

BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

My two Hartford shows, 2008 and 2013, were incredible and both times I was shocked at how much the band seemed to love the city. I'm still hoping that Friday 5/6 date still happens.
    I've seen PJ in Boston, NY, Philly and Chicago, and none of those shows, or any of the other shows I've seen can compare to what I've seen in Hartford. Of my fourteen shows, three were there and are were all amazing performances. There's something about that city.
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508

How come 10c tix are limited to only 200 each concert for this tour?

makes it easier for people once they get pair to be happy and not hog them trying to get better tickets, wait what?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Wtf you talking bout Willis?
  • my2hands said:

Wtf you talking bout Willis?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    I am mine
  • MagnumPJ said:

Well, Springsteen tour announcement tomorrow it seems with on sale next Friday. Just hope if PJ announcement is Friday or Monday the on sale times aren't the same

And I hope they are :)
  • Gotta admit, as a Pens fan...I still chuckled at the Crosby comment. Well played ;).
  • I've been to around 30 shows and Hartford 08 and 13 are both in the top 5. Up there with philly 3 and Mansfield 3. I really hope they play there next year
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    ComeToTX said:

Selfishly I love the way Pearl Jam has toured since 2008. I like to travel so they do their two or three short legs each year and it fits my travel schedule perfectly.

Hoping for another southwest/West USA tour soon.