Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    my2hands said:

cmm6734 said:

cmm6734 said:

There are ZERO hard rumors, pure speculation, and ideas running wild.

Why don't instead of speculating and expecting something huge, that we instead focus on what a band member himself said within the last two weeks? Which was - nothing is planned for a tour or album as of right now. Jeff JUST said this. Why is a comment from an actual member of the band ignored in spite of all these "supposed" rumors?

I mean many were expecting an announcement on the 10th. You're only letting yourself down with this type of excitement. There's not even a REASON to tour right now. Canada maybe, a full blown us tour, not likely. Is it possible? Yes. Likely? Not at all.

LMAO, wait until tomorrow.....
    And you do the same.

Remember the Canadian tour that was just about to be announced over and over? Did it ever happen?

I'll be back to see how right you are.

I'm not pissing on the fun, I'm trying to be realistic. To watch these rumors pop up out of thin air is pretty enjoyable.

Did I expect Jeff to give a detailed plans of a tour? No. But if things were in the works, they wouldn't deny it.

It's comical to see all these "what Jeff really meant" comments. Thanks for knowing what he meant more than he himself did. I really needed the clarification.

I really would love a tour announcement so I can see my 461st show, again I'm only trying to keep it realistic here.
    I really don't care what Jeff told someone. I don't expect him to reveal the entire city lineup, he probably doesn't even know for sure. I just know a tour is coming. We will check back tomorrow.
    Man that tour announcement was sick!

That's right, you were dead wrong as I predicted.

I'm not here to do this daily. But don't say I am wrong and wait until today, because then I will make a fool of you. No tour was announced, so are you still laughing your ass off now?
    You must be a real hit at parties!

A tour is coming whether you like it or not my friend... get over it
    Some people enjoy being negative nellies and can't handle others having fun with something as innocuous as PJ tour speculating
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    derbydave said:

Hilarious! Love it
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Can we turn this thread around?

I think a 3-5 show tour in Florida would be a fun road trip! Even rent a camper! Hit up all the beaches!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    DSTRUB said:

I think a 3-5 show tour in Florida would be a fun road trip! Even rent a camper! Hit up all the beaches!

Whats the number between 3 and 5 ? :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

my2hands said:

cmm6734 said:

cmm6734 said:

There are ZERO hard rumors, pure speculation, and ideas running wild.

Why don't instead of speculating and expecting something huge, that we instead focus on what a band member himself said within the last two weeks? Which was - nothing is planned for a tour or album as of right now. Jeff JUST said this. Why is a comment from an actual member of the band ignored in spite of all these "supposed" rumors?

I mean many were expecting an announcement on the 10th. You're only letting yourself down with this type of excitement. There's not even a REASON to tour right now. Canada maybe, a full blown us tour, not likely. Is it possible? Yes. Likely? Not at all.

LMAO, wait until tomorrow.....
    And you do the same.

Remember the Canadian tour that was just about to be announced over and over? Did it ever happen?

I'll be back to see how right you are.

I'm not pissing on the fun, I'm trying to be realistic. To watch these rumors pop up out of thin air is pretty enjoyable.

Did I expect Jeff to give a detailed plans of a tour? No. But if things were in the works, they wouldn't deny it.

It's comical to see all these "what Jeff really meant" comments. Thanks for knowing what he meant more than he himself did. I really needed the clarification.

I really would love a tour announcement so I can see my 461st show, again I'm only trying to keep it realistic here.
    I really don't care what Jeff told someone. I don't expect him to reveal the entire city lineup, he probably doesn't even know for sure. I just know a tour is coming. We will check back tomorrow.
    Man that tour announcement was sick!

That's right, you were dead wrong as I predicted.

I'm not here to do this daily. But don't say I am wrong and wait until today, because then I will make a fool of you. No tour was announced, so are you still laughing your ass off now?
    You must be a real hit at parties!

A tour is coming whether you like it or not my friend... get over it
    Some people enjoy being negative nellies and can't handle others having fun with something as innocuous as PJ tour speculating
    And we are not talkimg for speculation here..its the real deal....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

DSTRUB said:

Won't they first make an announcement similar to SA tour with a picture and all it says is "Announcement coming soon!"

Or for Global Citizens "Stay Tuned" with the subway picture.

??

Maybr not slow opener this time..and stsrt with fast one..GO..
    Bang!
    can you atleast give us a timeline of when we might find about what you know? This week? This month?
    I beleieve this week.....next tops
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2015
    :smiley:

Post edited by iamloco724 on
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    Mhmmm...combine a holiday in Florida with 2 or 3 Pearl Jam concerts? sounds good!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Looking forward to finally seeing a show, or 2, in Toronto.
    NYPJ
  • Options

DSTRUB said:

Won't they first make an announcement similar to SA tour with a picture and all it says is "Announcement coming soon!"

??

Bang!
    can you atleast give us a timeline of when we might find about what you know? This week? This month?
    Yesterday you said today. Now up to two weeks. Lol.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886

DSTRUB said:

??

Bang!
    ... You should be patient and trust him.
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options

DSTRUB said:

??

Bang!
    Me??i said yesterday??
    Check your pills..maybe expired
  • Options
    The good old days!!

http://youtu.be/-beHrA3C8q0
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Assuming Okeechobee fest is the Catalyst announcement happening today,Then realistically A proper tour notification would follow in short order.I think today kinda tells us a lot about what's to come.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    a little birdie told me Canadian fans may be happy...
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    edited October 2015
    rr165892 said:

Assuming Okeechobee fest is the Catalyst announcement happening today,Then realistically A proper tour notification would follow in short order.I think today kinda tells us a lot about what's to come.

Okeechobee looks like a no show for PJ but I'll take 4 shows in 4 different cities in Florida any day. And one of those cities has never held a PJ show. If it's all true, it's going to be nuts.

Post edited by JB128716 on
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

The good old days!!

http://youtu.be/-beHrA3C8q0

That looks like Florida in the background !
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,650
    edited October 2015

DSTRUB said:

Whats the number between 3 and 5 ? :)
    I believe 4 is the answer? My prediction:

Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and then keep going north
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    I know the 15th is payday for many folks... Perfect day for a tour announcement!
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

DSTRUB said:

??

Bang!
    ... You should be patient and trust him.

I agree, Dimitris has been pretty spot on in the past. Give it a little time, I think most of us will be very happy.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Dimi... Hear anything about Cleveland, Columbus or Pittsburgh?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,591

i like rumors
    whats the weather like at autumm at bands home state?

I hate rumors :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359

Yes, please.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

DSTRUB said:

??

Bang!
    And you said there wouldn't be a tour at all.

So if there is a tour, regardless of when it's announced, will you come back to this thread and acknowledge you were wrong. Yes, I know, you will hide behind your (paraphrased) statement that "there probably wouldn't be a tour" and will use that as your out. This despite the fact that you've been trolling this thread and splitting hairs over the day or even week of the announcement.

Can't you just let it be and allow people to enjoy the thread? What are you gaining here? Attention?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,632
    wall232 said:

Give it a little time, I think all of us will be very happy.

Fixed.

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jamesh2jamesh2 Posts: 33

Yes, please.
    Ill third this request. Any love for western PA or ohio this year?
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    I'm just gonna throw this out there:

If PJ is really playing this Okeechobee festival, I don't see how they are playing other venues in Florida. Most "major" or "semi-major" festivals have an exclusion clause in the contract, i.e. nearby cities like Miami, Tampa, and Orlando would be no-go's for shows.

For example, ACL prevents headliners from playing in Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio for 3 months either side of the fest dates... all much bigger cities where the bands could easily have arena shows...

Voodoo fest does the same thing to Houston (even though new orleans is a 6 hour drive)...

so it's kinda got to be one or the other... if Okeechobee is serious about getting a crowd....
    my2hands said:

a little birdie told me Canadian fans may be happy...

this makes me happy... always love an excuse to go visit my 2 favorite cities with my best friends... onward MTL and the home of the losingest team in hockey!

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,994
    fingers crossed for msg. so much easier to get to than barclay's!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......