Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    Does anyone really still care about these mumbo jumbo numbers that mean nothing?
    President Trump will be soon.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

^^^
    Does anyone really still care about these mumbo jumbo numbers that mean nothing?

Yes, Trump is the biggest loser to walk into the White House. With a questionable assist from Comey, gerrymandering, WikiLeaks, the Roberts Court letting critical parts of the Civil Rights Voting Act expire, with systematic voter fraud & suppression. This was by the narrowest of margins. This sends a message that there is no people's mandate to enforce your agenda. That there is still a large percentage of the population that feels he does not represent them; and we do not agree with his philosophy, agenda or politics. That is why these numbers matter.
  • CM189191 said:

^^^

Yes, Trump is the biggest loser to walk into the White House. With a questionable assist from Comey, gerrymandering, WikiLeaks, the Roberts Court letting critical parts of the Civil Rights Voting Act expire, with systematic voter fraud & suppression. This was by the narrowest of margins. This sends a message that there is no people's mandate to enforce your agenda. That there is still a large percentage of the population that feels he does not represent them; and we do not agree with his philosophy, agenda or politics. That is why these numbers matter.
    Very true...especially since he lost the popular vote by 2% of the population.

I wouldn't be too bothered if Clinton had lost to a good candidate. As we move forward it just gets scarier for me. Trump has not become "so presidential that you won't believe it" like he promised several months ago. His rally yesterday was a carbon copy of a campaign stop with the addition of gloating.

I think what bothers me the most is that the GOP smear campaign worked. I can handle a loss. I can't handle dishonest attacks.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    CM189191 said:

^^^

Nice list of excuses. I thought there was nothing in the vwikileaks?
  • JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

There wasn't....but it gave the idiots a headline to distort.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

Smear job. Plain and simple.

Tell me? What of the WikiLeaks now? Today? Any more Clinton-related emails? Any more investigations? Any special prosecutors being appointed? nononoandno.

Anyone who thought it was anything more than a smear job was duped, conned, a useful idiot.

....any....day.....now....
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited December 2016
    Wikileaks, Comey, sexism, etc. None of it justifies at best not locking down the Rust Belt and at worst simply taking it for granted from the beginning. There was plenty of time for fundraisers in the Hamptons. There should have also been time to visit Madison and Milwaukee and Ann Arbor and Saginaw. Democrats thought they had a blue wall in the Midwest because Democrats for a generation have put in the time and effort to win there. Hillary Clinton did not put in that time and effort.

This was a winnable race. She just didn't win it.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    JimmyV said:

Wikileaks, Comey, sexism, etc. None of it justifies at best not locking down the Rust Belt and at worse simply taking it for granted from the beginning. There was plenty of time for fundraisers in the Hamptons. There should have been time to visit Madison and Ann Arbor. Democrats thought they had a blue wall in the Midwest because Democrats for a generation have put in the time and effort to win there. Hillary Clinton did not put in that time and effort.

I wonder how much does "visiting" a state actually matter in the digital age? I don't need a candidate to come say hi to know what they are about. I think the misinformation campaign had a much bigger impact. There was pretty much nothing in the email leaks if you read them. But low information voters don't let a little thing like the truth get in their way. Problem is Trump and the Republican Party are much more skilled in pedaling false information to the low information voters. It's much easier to do when you don't have a conscious.
    bootleg said:

JimmyV said:

Wikileaks, Comey, sexism, etc. None of it justifies at best not locking down the Rust Belt and at worse simply taking it for granted from the beginning. There was plenty of time for fundraisers in the Hamptons. There should have been time to visit Madison and Ann Arbor. Democrats thought they had a blue wall in the Midwest because Democrats for a generation have put in the time and effort to win there. Hillary Clinton did not put in that time and effort.

I wonder how much does "visiting" a state actually matter in the digital age? I don't need a candidate to come say hi to know what they are about. I think the misinformation campaign had a much bigger impact. There was pretty much nothing in the email leaks if you read them. But low information voters don't let a little thing like the truth get in their way. Problem is Trump and the Republican Party are much more skilled in pedaling false information to the low information voters. It's much easier to do when you don't have a conscious.
    Campaigns spend a lot of time and money on rallies. They have to be good for something.

There were a lot of factors that hurt her, and the misinformation was certainly one. I wouldn't argue it wasn't. But...I would argue that she did not do everything she could have done to win.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    bootleg said:

JimmyV said:

Visiting a state does matter. It engages the local campaign organization, the local party organization, the local big donors, etc... A candidate dropping in for a few hours for fundraising seems a little insignificant to the candidate, but the whole process of organizing the event and mobilizing the feet on the ground is a big deal in terms of engagement.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    JimmyV said:

Wikileaks, Comey, sexism, etc. None of it justifies at best not locking down the Rust Belt and at worst simply taking it for granted from the beginning. There was plenty of time for fundraisers in the Hamptons. There should have also been time to visit Madison and Milwaukee and Ann Arbor and Saginaw. Democrats thought they had a blue wall in the Midwest because Democrats for a generation have put in the time and effort to win there. Hillary Clinton did not put in that time and effort.

So is this the narrative that was sold? Or is it how it actually happened?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    bootleg said:

JimmyV said:

I've always wondered this too. Taylor Swift coming to Winnipeg doesn't make me a fan. it seems to me it's just people wanting to be a part of something. "hey, the president came to my town before he was president!". do people go to rallies if they are undecided? I can't imagine they would.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

bootleg said:

JimmyV said:

I've always wondered this too. Taylor Swift coming to Winnipeg doesn't make me a fan. it seems to me it's just people wanting to be a part of something. "hey, the president came to my town before he was president!". do people go to rallies if they are undecided? I can't imagine they would.
    I hear if you touch the fringes of his fine garments, you will be healed.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I went to hear Ralph Nader speak in 2000 as an undecided voter and he won my vote that day. Maybe I'm just an outlier.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    JimmyV said:

I went to hear Ralph Nader speak in 2000 as an undecided voter and he won my vote that day. Maybe I'm just an outlier.

interesting.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited December 2016

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

Just like Russia had nothing to do with her emails. So let's see, her emails meant nothing, her pointing the finger towards Russia meant nothing, her pointing the finger towards Trump meant nothing, and her celebrity fundraisers meant nothing.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Free said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

Just like Russia had nothing to do with her emails. So let's see, her emails meant nothing, her pointing the finger towards Russia meant nothing, her pointing the finger towards Trump meant nothing, and her celebrity fundraisers meant nothing.
    His mocking a disable person, his sexual harassment, his fraud charges, his shitty business track record, his non disclosure of his tax returns, his shady ties to Russia, etc., etc., etc.

edited December 2016

Free said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

His mocking a disable person, his sexual harassment, his fraud charges, his shitty business track record, his non disclosure of his tax returns, his shady ties to Russia, etc., etc., etc.
    Still doing the all finger-pointing aren't ya...

I guess for some it never gets old, because admitting that your candidate and the campaign was weak is something you'll never learn.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

I guess for some it never gets old, because admitting that your candidate and the campaign was weak is something you'll never learn.
    What's your game now Free? I honestly don't get it. Are you now a defender of Trump? Or are you just still stuck on trashing Clinton for some reason?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

What's your game now Free? I honestly don't get it. Are you now a defender of Trump? Or are you just still stuck on trashing Clinton for some reason?
    This election was defined by people who were more interested in the other side losing. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    CM189191 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

^^^

This election was defined by people who were more interested in the other side losing. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Yep. 20years from now Free will still be blaming Clinton and calling other people finger pointers lol
    I kid.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    You guys have me all figured out.

:rofl:
    Fact is, when are Hillary supporters going to realize that it was herthat lost the election? Not Trump, not Russia, not emails.
  • I really can't believe how this is still a relevant thread.
    I mean who cares?
    Those numbers are phoney bologna.
    If they were correct Hillary would be POTUS right?
    my god

I really can't believe how this is still a relevant thread.
    I mean who cares?
    Those numbers are phoney bologna.
    If they were correct Hillary would be POTUS right?
    my god

Perhaps we should create more relevant threads and name them "Where the hell are Trump's tax returns?" or "How does the world's greatest businessman not understand what a Blind Trust is?"
  • ^^^
    At least those threads would be about the next POTUS.
    Not a person named Hillary.
    Thank you to PJfan.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Free said:

Fact is, when are Hillary supporters going to realize that it was herthat lost the election? Not Trump, not Russia, not emails.

Well who gives a fuck? That's the thing. It's like all you're interested in now is ...what? Rubbing it in everyone's face? Or do you have some other motive? You said people have you all figured out... well I don't. I sincerely don't understand what you're aiming at now that Clinton isn't running a campaign for you to hate on.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    :dizzy:
This discussion has been closed.