Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Free said:

All those people who voted for Clinton in the primaries better get themselves to swing states and start knocking on doors.

If she won fair and square, she should have an army of volunteers.

...where are they?

Swing state voter here, and a volunteer. There's plenty of us. Local party is having no trouble putting us to work.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,776

Free said:

All those people who voted for Clinton in the primaries better get themselves to swing states and start knocking on doors.

...where are they?

Swing state voter here, and a volunteer. There's plenty of us. Local party is having no trouble putting us to work.
    Kudos to you and anyone who participates in activities that at least try to do something positive be it being stationed in an info booth, organizing a rally, making calls, writing letters, participating in board meetings, etc.

I guess it depends are where you live. Out here I know a lot of die-hard dems who at least somewhat grudgingly will vote for HRC but none of them are at all active in spreading support for her. The only people in America who are turning out big time for their candidates are the (you supple the adjective) Trump supporters and those supporting Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. If Clinton loses, it will be because of a base of followers not well enough motivated to help with the campaign and because Trump supports are that motivated.

(And if you're wondering why I don't dislike Trump enough to work for HRC's campaign it's because she is a shoe-in here in California and I have the great luxury of being able to vote for the one I most agree with, Jill Stein, and being in that position I feel a sort of responsibility to cast my vote based on that belief.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    brianlux said:

Free said:

...where are they?

Kudos to you and anyone who participates in activities that at least try to do something positive be it being stationed in an info booth, organizing a rally, making calls, writing letters, participating in board meetings, etc.

I guess it depends are where you live. Out here I know a lot of die-hard dems who at least somewhat grudgingly will vote for HRC but none of them are at all active in spreading support for her. The only people in America who are turning out big time for their candidates are the (you supple the adjective) Trump supporters and those supporting Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. If Clinton loses, it will be because of a base of followers not well enough motivated to help with the campaign and because Trump supports are that motivated.

(And if you're wondering why I don't dislike Trump enough to work for HRC's campaign it's because she is a shoe-in here in California and I have the great luxury of being able to vote for the one I most agree with, Jill Stein, and being in that position I feel a sort of responsibility to cast my vote based on that belief.)
    Brian, I love your unwavering commitment to the right politician, instead of working on preventative measures to keep the wrong politician out of office. In my opinion, the best realistic outcome for this election would be a very slim win for Clinton. Given the shockingly unqualified nature of Donald Trump as President, I feel that a marginal win would show politicians that even with a litany of connections, it is no longer enough to win the support of the public. More importantly, it would show the public that deviating from the status quo to vote your conscience instead of your brain might be a tenable way to get your preferred candidate into the Oval Office.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Solution for when there is no more room for skeletons in closets.

https://t.co/VkKWXH1jpf
  • Options
    The ad was placed by the S. Daniel Abraham Center for Middle East Peace. The think tank’s president Robert Wexler is a former congressman who in the center’s own words is “a leading proponent of Israel’s right to self-defense.”

A Hillary Clinton surrogate, Wexler testified before the Democratic Party’s platform drafting committee earlier this year, arguing against including the word “occupation” to describe the present relationship between Israelis and Palestinians.

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/save-israeli-apartheid-says-new-york-times-ad
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    They hadn't endorsed a Democrat in a century. That was a very good read; it was explained very well. Thanks for the link.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Nearly 70% Unfavorable rating. It doesn't matter who they endorse.

The American People still lose.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    tonifig8 said:

When can we get to the point of the discussion with you about degrees of loss? Surely we can agree that America and the world will lose more under one of the 2 candidates than the other? I think that is what you may have missed in the article, Hillary isn't perfect, but look at the alternative.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,700
    dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

When can we get to the point of the discussion with you about degrees of loss? Surely we can agree that America and the world will lose more under one of the 2 candidates than the other? I think that is what you may have missed in the article, Hillary isn't perfect, but look at the alternative.
    Don't bother.

The Cincitucky thing is interesting. It's a very red metro area. I'm impressed they did it. Here in Richmond, the newspaper endorsed GJ instead which I think is a kop out
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited September 2016
    tonifig8 said:

How do we gett more people to see this? It's not about sides, it's not about winning. It's a huge game played on the American public. And we lose regardless the outcome!!
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

How do we gett more people to see this? It's not about sides, it's not about winning. It's a huge game played on the American public. And we lose regardless the outcome!!
    Maybe you should burn your bra
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    that is so sexist
  • Options

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I understand that hearing a differing opinion about Hillary Clinton is difficult for many people. But yes, there are so many out there that aren't on your page when it comes to her. So give the personal digs and the like a rest. And just stick to topic.
  • Options
    rssesq said:

that is so sexist

Lol!
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

What exactly do you think the American people will lose if Hillary is elected?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    rssesq said:

that is so sexist

...and juvenile.

And now back to Hillary.
  • Options
    and remember, he's at "your mom's"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661
    Free said:

...where are they?

Is there something you're looking at suggesting that there aren't any volunteers? I don't know one way or other.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Irrelevant, uncalled for Gern. You can do better than that.

Why so much emphasis on "Well at least Hillary is not as screwed up as Trump"? So what? Nine broken finger are better than ten broken finger but by how much? Screw that, give me healthy hands. I'm voting for Stein.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661
    edited September 2016
    Why am I getting the feeling that some men were offended by the bra burning comment?? It was just a joke, and not an offensive one as far as I can tell. :confused: What, do men look at that and think, "omg, he's saying I'm acting like a woman/feminist!"? ... Sorry, but if anything, that's a compliment, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Why am I getting the feeling that some men were offended by the bra burning comment?? It was just a joke, and not an offensive one as far as I can tell. :confused: What, do men look at that and think, "omg, he's saying I'm acting like a woman/feminist!"? ... Sorry, but if anything, that's a compliment, lol.

Not offended, just out of place. When women burned bras in the seventies I thought it was kind of cool because it was a very tangible way of saying, "we want equality". Most of those same women today wear bras or have very elongated, saggy boobs. No big deal either way and what they all have is greater equality. But this all has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Why so much emphasis on "Well at least Hillary is not as screwed up as Trump"? So what? Nine broken finger are better than ten broken finger but by how much? Screw that, give me healthy hands. I'm voting for Stein.
    Vote for Stein. But that won't change the possibility of you getting a Trump. I put a huge emphasis on " at least she's not Trump" because it matters. It matters a lot.
  • Options
    the kid from the bad news bears is runnin? he sucks. lol
  • Options
    tanner boyle 2016!
  • Options
    dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Vote for Stein. But that won't change the possibility of you getting a Trump. I put a huge emphasis on " at least she's not Trump" because it matters. It matters a lot.
    My vote won't make any difference either way (you can thank the electoral college for that). I don't live in a swing state.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I actually don't follow the "she is not as screwed up as Trump" crap. I consider her extremely qualified and diplomatic.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I actually don't follow the "she is not as screwed up as Trump" crap. I consider her extremely qualified and diplomatic.

You probably should, because those are the people who are most likely going to decide the election.
This discussion has been closed.