Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited September 2016
    rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

In what amounts to a running theme with the Clinton-Kaine campaign, the Democratic ticket has essentially embraced every single foreign policy position of the neocon movement. As I noted previously, this Clinton-Kaine administration would be the imperial frankenstein, Obama’s head on Bush’s body. No HopeTM. No ChangeTM. But more and bigger wars.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/09/20/if-hillarys-not-able-theres-always-kaine/

More wars?!? Damn these new generation progressives sure are agressive.
    rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Come on, unsung. You're more intelligent than someone who would believe those types of rumors. You may wish them to be true in some sick way, but you're smarter than that.

Right, it's mere coincidence so many deaths are associated with the Clintons.
    Mere coincidence.

:lol:
    You guys are nuttier than squirrel turds.

Anybody as famous and connected as the Clintons could have this tinfoil version of seven degrees to Kevin Bacon played on them!
    So what's your take on this guy from reddit? If it is proven that in fact it is him, will it change your vote? Will you ask for Clinton to step down? I mean it's one excuse after another with you guys. It's crazy how much you guys need to keep looking for excuses. It's not like it's our fault that Clinton is shady is fuck.
    I don't really care about the reddit thing, not even enough to look into it.
    Is Trump still a heartbeat from the Oval Office?
    Yep, still voting for Clinton.
    yeah you might want to read into it...you have to take the blinders off first...kind of compelling and only adds more on to the email scandal and to the fact Clinton has no business being president
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Will she continue Obama policies of defending isis and cause a war with Russia?
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

In what amounts to a running theme with the Clinton-Kaine campaign, the Democratic ticket has essentially embraced every single foreign policy position of the neocon movement. As I noted previously, this Clinton-Kaine administration would be the imperial frankenstein, Obama’s head on Bush’s body. No HopeTM. No ChangeTM. But more and bigger wars.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/09/20/if-hillarys-not-able-theres-always-kaine/

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Come on, unsung. You're more intelligent than someone who would believe those types of rumors. You may wish them to be true in some sick way, but you're smarter than that.

Mere coincidence.

Anybody as famous and connected as the Clintons could have this tinfoil version of seven degrees to Kevin Bacon played on them!
    So what's your take on this guy from reddit? If it is proven that in fact it is him, will it change your vote? Will you ask for Clinton to step down? I mean it's one excuse after another with you guys. It's crazy how much you guys need to keep looking for excuses. It's not like it's our fault that Clinton is shady is fuck.
    There is way too much information needed to make that kind of decision. Maybe it's the guy....so what? Did he do something wrong? What? Who is the VIP? Is it Clinton? Is it someone else?

That being said...no....wouldn't change my vote at all because the alternative is a fucking retarded cheeto
    You;re insulting retarded Cheeto's.

But seriously, assuming the VIP is her, which it's almost definitely her, what a shame that you would still support her. Why wouldn't you ask for her to step down and have any other goddam democrat clean the floor with trumps hair. You would be putting a politician above our democracy. It's crazy how much in love you are with her, especially considering you're a former BernieBro.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,800
    Until they call me, all polls are invalid.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    And by the way, I screen my calls.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Yep, voting based on fear.

Realism.

You can vote for a unicorn if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, I prefer to vote for a a less mythical outcome.
    ...based on fear.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Mere coincidence.

Some of you guys are delusional over a politician. Country should come before any politician. She should step down and anyone else can simply coast to the presidency.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

...because polls mean absolutely nothing. But they do mean… wait for it…

...Drama!!!!!

It's not drama. There is a market for it. It creates clicks and eyeballs, therefore revenue. Welcome to capitalism. The market will support it, so that gap will be filled.
    You said yourself daily polls are unnecesary. It is ALL Drama, baby.

Fear and drama: it's what keeps America going.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Exactly. So much trust put on these polls, by some, so let's take a vote on the last time anyone here was called, why don't we.
  • Options
    But all these polls are run by businesses - and eventually only the companies that are good stay in business and the 'dramatic' ones go bust as they are unreliable. Is that right?
    Anyway, nearly all the polling so far suggests this thread is named appropriately.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Mere coincidence.

Some of you guys are delusional over a politician. Country should come before any politician. She should step down and anyone else can simply coast to the presidency.
    apologist (noun) a defender of a religious, political, or economic theory; a supporter of an institution.

An apologist is one who supports either in speech or in writing, a view point or a way of thinking, especially a political or religious belief. One who makes it their main activity to write or speak in defense of the theories, systems of belief, etc., which they think to be correct is an apologist.

An apologist for communism, Carl was deeply saddened to see its collapse, and the dissolution of the USSR, towards the end of the twentieth century.
    Apologists for Nazism were cruelly indifferent to the ruthless suppression of Jews by Hitler and his followers during World War II.

http://www.univsource.com/words/apologist-noun.htm
  • Options
    Free said:

brianlux said:

Exactly. So much trust put on these polls, by some, so let's take a vote on the last time anyone here was called, why don't we.
    In the 47 years I've been a registered voter, not once. Nor has anyone I known. I think they must make this shit up.

• Options
    Any comments from Hillary on this?

Hillary’s IT guy asked Reddit for help ‘stripping out’ email address: report

The expert hired to delete Hillary Clinton’s e-mails — who invoked his Fifth Amendment right not to testify before Congress — pleaded for help from the tech community how to do the job, according to a report Tuesday.

“Hello all,” said a 2014 post on reddit by someone identifying himself as stonetear.

“I may be facing a very interesting situation where I need to strip out a VIP’s (VERY VIP) email address from a bunch of archived email that I have both in a live Exchange mailbox, as well as a PST file. Basically, they don’t want the VIP’s email address exposed to anyone.”

The post concludes, “Does anyone have experience with something like this, and/or suggestions on how this might be accomplished?”

Another one reads: “I have a client who wants to push out a 60 day email retention policy for certain users … How would I go about this?”

The posts have since been deleted.

But US News & World Report said that reddit users linked them to Paul Combetta, the techie working for Platte River Networks, which hosted Clinton’s home email server.

One tell-tale sign: Cheryl Mills, a longtime Clinton aide, told the FBI that Team Clinton decided in December 2014 to shorten their e-mail retention policy to 60 days.

Stonetear’s question on reddit about dealing with a 60-day retention policy was posted on Dec. 10, 2014.

Ken Eichner, an attorney for Platte, told U.S. News he is acting as a spokesman addressing the matter, and that he would not be able to comment. He did not deny the apparent connection.

Combetta was one of two Platte employees who refused to answer question from the House Oversight Committee last week, repeatedly citing the Fifth Amendment.

Combetta reportedly accomplished his task in March 2015.

Republicans on Capitol Hill are looking into the matter, Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) of the Oversight Committee told The Hill.

“The Reddit post issue and its connection to Paul Combetta is currently being reviewed by…staff and evaluations are being made as to the authenticity of the post,” Meadows said.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/20/hillarys-it-guy-asked-reddit-for-help-stripping-out-email-address/123456/
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

In the 47 years I've been a registered voter, not once. Nor has anyone I known. I think they must make this shit up.

Only need a sample size of 400, most polls use a min 400 max 1000 sample size.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

Got a source for this info? Much appreciated.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

400, even a thousand... that makes up a poll? Now I know it's a crock!

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    edited September 2016
    tonifig8 said:

rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Mere coincidence.

Yeah she should but that ain't gonna happen so what do you propose to just hand the keys to fucking Trump what you want is not gonna happen , there is no shining knight coming to save this mess we're in !!! You talk about delusional just read what your proposing for Clinton to step down and just walk away that is not gonna happen ....
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

It's unfortunate that you don't have the same level of concern for the victims of the Bush Administration, not that I've seen you express anyway.
    You must be new here.
    No, just haven't seen the same level of vociferous posts in opposition from you to a republican president directly responsible for 4,000+ American service members deaths, 9/11 ineptitude and 100s of thousands+ of deaths in the Middle East. So, how many deaths are associated with the Clintons? There's 4 in Benghazi, I'll give you that. Well, there's Vince Foster. And the McDougals. And the chap just recently in DC, okay. Wasn't there an Arkansas state trooper or two or three? Hmmmm, any others? Oh, Somalia, the black hawk down episode, okay. Care to enumerate and express your outrage or is it because she's a woman?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Mere coincidence.

See: Bush, George, Herbert Walker, 41st President, United States
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

yet with all the endorsements, all the big money, all the connections, the DNC's help, and the big pile of shit she is running against and she's still neck and neck .... You would think... never mind
    The DNC vastly underestimated the number of racists, islamophobes, mysogists and under educated white Americans in the electorate and how to appeal to them.
    So if this guy was truly attempting to delete evidence will you place the blame on him or his superior? View some of the comments at the bottom of the article.

http://regated.com/2016/09/paul-combetta-asking-destroy-evidence/
    He had immunity but pleads the fifth on every answer.

I guess he didn't want to commit suicide with two shots to the back of the head.
    Guess the Constitution doesn't apply to him?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Trump hasn't held a press conference since July. Where's the outrage?

Trump is talking to the press all day every day. It's hard to keep up with all the bullshit that comes out of his narcissistic mouth! He should be losing by 20+ points, but fuck, it's her turn and now with have to deal with the two worst candidates in American history. Pathetic, right?
    Talking to the press is a whole hell of a lot different than answering questions from the press, you know, like in a news conference, not one of those softball predetermined q and a thingys you alt right er's were so vociferous about with Hillary.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Mere coincidence.

apologist (noun) a defender of a religious, political, or economic theory; a supporter of an institution.

An apologist is one who supports either in speech or in writing, a view point or a way of thinking, especially a political or religious belief. One who makes it their main activity to write or speak in defense of the theories, systems of belief, etc., which they think to be correct is an apologist.

An apologist for communism, Carl was deeply saddened to see its collapse, and the dissolution of the USSR, towards the end of the twentieth century.
    Apologists for Nazism were cruelly indifferent to the ruthless suppression of Jews by Hitler and his followers during World War II.

http://www.univsource.com/words/apologist-noun.htm
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apologist

So who are you apologizing for if not trump? Seeing he met with and looks up to Vlad the impaler and his son appears to have nazi and KKK connections and affinities. Or are you trying to equate Hillary supporters to such with your so determined selection of a source of definition?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:

Will she continue Obama policies of defending isis and cause a war with Russia?

Nobody is going to war with Russia over IsIs. Have you been talking to BS about the "coming storm?"

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

yet with all the endorsements, all the big money, all the connections, the DNC's help, and the big pile of shit she is running against and she's still neck and neck .... You would think... never mind
    The DNC vastly underestimated the number of racists, islamophobes, mysogists and under educated white Americans in the electorate and how to appeal to them.
    So if this guy was truly attempting to delete evidence will you place the blame on him or his superior? View some of the comments at the bottom of the article.

I guess he didn't want to commit suicide with two shots to the back of the head.
    Do you know what immunity means?
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Yes, and being granted it doesn't mean you forgo your constitutional rights. For someone so vociferously against "government", "law enforcement" and of the "system", you sure do seem to trust it when it suits you and your agenda. Have you reviewed his "immunity" deal?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,027
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Mere coincidence.

There is way too much information needed to make that kind of decision. Maybe it's the guy....so what? Did he do something wrong? What? Who is the VIP? Is it Clinton? Is it someone else?

That being said...no....wouldn't change my vote at all because the alternative is a fucking retarded cheeto
    You;re insulting retarded Cheeto's.

But seriously, assuming the VIP is her, which it's almost definitely her, what a shame that you would still support her. Why wouldn't you ask for her to step down and have any other goddam democrat clean the floor with trumps hair. You would be putting a politician above our democracy. It's crazy how much in love you are with her, especially considering you're a former BernieBro.
    The alternative is a piece of shit. I don't like or vote for pieces of shit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

Got a source for this info? Much appreciated.
    I figured that's where you were going in your other thread where you were asking if anyone has participated in a poll. Most are 500-1000. If they're done right with a random sample, you don't need to go over 1000 people to get a valid measure. The margin of error doesn't go down much when you go over 1000. From 3% with 1000, to 2% with 2500, and a 1% margin of error when 5000 are in the sample.

This link has a good explanation:
    aapor.org/Education-Resources/Election-Polling-Resources/Margin-of-Sampling-Error-Credibility-Interval.aspx

Knowing how polls are done and which are credible and which are bunk will make a person a better consumer of news. You'll often see articles that reference polls that aren't valid because the writer doesn't know any better. Unfortunately, people will read it and trust it.

The 538 guy gives ratings of all the pollsters here. It's interesting, because people will get excited about a particular poll, when that pollster is doing it wrong.
    projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tonifig8 said:

rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Mere coincidence.

And if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass...
    You know Clinton well enough to know she isn't stepping down, and the DNC isn't removing her. All the anti-Clinton fervor does is help create a Trump presidency.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Yep, voting based on fear.

Realism.

You can vote for a unicorn if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, I prefer to vote for a a less mythical outcome.
    ...based on fear.
    I'm going with fear over fantasy 10/10 times, but, hey, that's me. I live in the real world.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Yes, and being granted it doesn't mean you forgo your constitutional rights. For someone so vociferously against "government", "law enforcement" and of the "system", you sure do seem to trust it when it suits you and your agenda. Have you reviewed his "immunity" deal?
    Like I said, he had immunity from prosecution but not the hit squad.
This discussion has been closed.