Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,011
    More distraction from the real issues. This election year is a total joke.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Assumption is the rule, apparently, Tonifig.
  • Options
    Oh her team botched it big time! I've been on many campaigns in my former life and this campaign is simply out of touch. I don't know if they're aware how paranoid many of her opponents supporters have been on the internet about her health- and they just fed right into the paranoia. It's campaign 101 gone horribly wrong.
  • Options

So many health experts on here and social media. Maybe they should tell a woman how else she should take care of her own body. Oh...wait

:rofl:

And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Multiple versions of her health status by her own people is a continuation of the lack of transparency in the Clinton legacy. Who knows if it is even pneumonia based on the track record?

Granted I haven't seen too much of this, but I did find the allergies / pneumonia thing odd. Overheating after either? Not so far-fetched.
    When my elder son was in third grade, he had a significant cough. I took him to the Doc. She said he had pneumonia. It took bronchitis the following year and sending him to an allergist to determine that he has an impressive allergy to cottonwood tree pollen. And it was the only thing he tested positive to. It happens
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Here's another angle. To be honest it looks disturbing.

That looks bad. I've never seen overheating treated like that.
    Where have you ever seen overheating treated?
    I'm Red Cross CPR and first aid qualified. It's basic stuff.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    PJ_Soul said:

I didn't think it was scary. She looked like any person who became unsteady on her feet.
    I fainted once, just out of pure fear. I bet anything I looked a lot more fucked up and scary than Hillary when I did it. I hit the ground like a brick and it just got worse from there, lol.

She was proped up. She was conscious and couldn't walk. Her head was shaking with every step, kind of like a seizure (not saying it was a seizure). It was creepy and scary.

Also, my point is that her camp did not do a good job of handling the situation. They could have made things clear from the very beginning. It seems Axelrod got it right
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,011
    This will draw more attention than any other issue this election year. America loves this shit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tonifig8 said:

Her head was shaking with every step, kind of like a seizure (not saying it was a seizure). It was creepy and scary.

Which happens sometimes when people have syncopal (fainting) episodes. Youtube Syncopal episode vs Seizure
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Multiple versions of her health status by her own people is a continuation of the lack of transparency in the Clinton legacy. Who knows if it is even pneumonia based on the track record?

Granted I haven't seen too much of this, but I did find the allergies / pneumonia thing odd. Overheating after either? Not so far-fetched.
    When my elder son was in third grade, he had a significant cough. I took him to the Doc. She said he had pneumonia. It took bronchitis the following year and sending him to an allergist to determine that he has an impressive allergy to cottonwood tree pollen. And it was the only thing he tested positive to. It happens
    I too was diagnosed with seasonal allergies when I was 11.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

That training g can be done in 30 minutes on a computer
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Hey man, unsung makes me pull my hair out on occasion but don't disqualify someone else's accomplishments. If we ever hit the deck at a PJ show, we will be glad if he's around.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Let's put this all in perspective.

An absurd week in America’s two-tier election

Pundits claim Clinton had a bad week. Next to Donald Trump’s seven days of gaffes and scandal, that is insane.

This may have been the most absurd week in U.S. politics in recent history.

Here is a list of gaffes, mistakes, or scandals that came out of the Trump campaign, just in the last seven days, just off the top of my head:
    Let’s begin with the Commander and Chief Forum. Trump lavished praise on the Russian dictator Vladimir Putin. He then made the unprecedented error of discussing his classified intelligence briefings and claiming his briefers were unhappy with the current President. After that, Trump lied, yet again, that back in 2003 he opposed the Iraq War.

It was then revealed by the Washington Post that Trump had taken credit for charitable giving by others. It reported he lied to the IRS, claiming donations he never made. What’s more, he illegally used $20,000 earmarked for his charity to buy a six-foot portrait of himself.
    Trump then gave a TV interview to the Kremlin’s propaganda network RT, and afterwards claimed he only did it because he was “tricked” by Larry King. In another appearance he gave an incoherent monologue about something he called “nuclear warming,” which included false accusations against Clinton and sentences like, “Uranium is big, big stuff because it means the ultimate.”

Next, as the terror attacks of 9/11 were remembered, a radio clip emerged of Trump (on the very day of the attacks!) boasting that his building was now the highest in New York. Then it was reported Trump has publicly lied about helping to recover bodies at Ground Zero. He also claimed he personally had “hundreds” of friends who died in the attack, not one of whom his campaign was able to name.

While all of this was going on, he made an unprecedented personal attack on the chair of the Federal Reserve, Janet Yellen. He renewed his attacks on Elizabeth Warren, once again calling her “Pocahontas.” He promised he would start a war with Iran if its sailors made inappropriate gestures. After his VP released his own tax returns, Trump once again refused to do the same. His son tweeted a neo-Nazi meme. And one of his chief surrogates disavowed the Geneva Conventions.

By comparison, how was Hillary Clinton’s week? She failed to smile at Matt Lauer. She echoed numerous polls by asserting half of Trump’s supporters are racist. And she almost fainted while suffering from pneumonia. Which is all to say, the media consensus as delivered by the pundits and the headlines is that Clinton had a really bad week. This is absolutely, unequivocally, insane.

Every day, Trump says something or is revealed to have done something that would have disqualified every other candidate for president over the last 40 years. Howard Dean’s political career ended after he yelled too loudly at a campaign rally. All Michael Dukakis had to do was pose for a picture in a tank and his campaign was over.

By contrast, Trump is exposed as a liar, a fraud or a bigot on an hourly basis. He is shown repeatedly to be ignorant of the most basic elements of the U.S. Constitution or international affairs. You could describe his entire campaign as a train wreck, if a train was able to crash day after day non-stop. But still, the pundits roll their eyes—“That’s just Trump being Trump”—and turn to Clinton’s cough.

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be the dog-bites-man problem: The media only focuses on what is new or unusual. Trump’s lies are neither. There could be a desire to ensure some obvious “balance” in the media coverage. If news outlets reported on every single Trump gaffe, there’d be almost no room left to cover Clinton. Others have speculated that it’s just sexism; Clinton is getting much more scrutiny because she’s a woman. It is hard to imagine a male candidate being criticized for not smiling enough. Clinton’s unique relationship with the media is to blame, too. She and her husband are notorious for cutting corners with the truth and hiding their activities. This has ensured she doesn’t get a pass on anything.

But it doesn’t really matter why it is happening. What matters is that it is happening at all. Everyone needs to step back from the daily coverage and cast their eyes over the massive smoking wreckage of this election. As soon as you do, it becomes painfully obvious that Trump is the most unsuitable candidate for president in living memory. My God, he isn’t even qualified to be president of the Hair Club for Men.

The absurdity of the last seven days has made it impossible to deny there aren’t two tiers of scrutiny in this election. Maybe, as a result, we’ll see a turn toward sanity. Maybe, the media will begin to judge Trump as a candidate for the office he covets, and not as the reality-TV star he is.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/an-absurd-week-in-the-two-tier-election/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    :lol: This made me laugh. :giggle:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/poll-unconscious-clinton-more-fit-to-be-president-than-conscious-trump

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In a positive development for the Democratic nominee for President, a new poll released on Sunday reveals that likely voters find an unconscious Hillary Clinton “substantially more fit” to be President than a conscious Donald Trump.

In a hypothetical matchup between a Clinton who has been rendered completely unconscious and a fully sentient Trump, voters chose an inert Clinton over an ambulatory Trump by a margin of nine percentage points.

A spokesperson for the Clinton campaign hailed the findings. “We have every reason to believe that Hillary Clinton will be a fully conscious President,” the spokesperson said. “But even if she is not, she is still the far better choice.”

The same poll revealed that a broad majority of voters found an unconscious Donald Trump more fit to be President than a conscious one.

Finally, when asked about the Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson, a significant number of voters were undecided as to whether Johnson was conscious or unconscious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Good. Then it doesn't take a genius to know how to treat heat related illnesses.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Hey man, unsung makes me pull my hair out on occasion but don't disqualify someone else's accomplishments. If we ever hit the deck at a PJ show, we will be glad if he's around.
    Props.

It's easy to say it takes 30 minutes on a computer when it's actually an 8 hour course that I took and take annually, but whatever.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Props.

It's easy to say it takes 30 minutes on a computer when it's actually an 8 hour course that I took and take annually, but whatever.
    I have to do a re-cert every year as well and it's a half day course for me. Either way what I'm wondering is whether Chelsea took the course...apparently her apartment is a heat exhaustion treatment facility.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Excellent! Then you know that heat related illnesses can be caused by excessive heat and dehydration. And that signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion include ashen or flushed skin, headache, nausea, dizziness, weakness, and exhaustion. And may progress to unconsciousness. I am sure you are also aware that the first responder should move the afflicted person to a cool place, and loosen or remove bulky clothing, apply cool, wet cloths or mist the person with water, fan the person and have them rest and watch them carefully. All of which could have been done in Chelsea's apartment.
  • Options
    Away from the cameras where no official report needs to be done...
  • Options
    Yeah she's done her health failing , she might not make it to November ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    The reason the media is making a big deal is because Clinton has been playing prevent defense and turtling away from any uncontrolled environments. So on the rare occasions that she makes a public appearance and falters, it's going to be a big deal.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

unsung said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

I've taken the classes as well.....and 30 min on a computer ? why on earth would you even post something like that ? you probably have no idea what the training involves.

Godfather.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    edited September 2016
    https://pearljam.com/news/organizers-of-the-concert-across-america-to-end-gun-violence-today-announced-that-eddie-vedder-of-pearl-jam-has-joined-the-lineup-for-the-nationwide-concerts-headliner-event-at-new-yorks-beacon-theatre-on-september-25-the-congressionally-designated-date-t

Organizers of the Concert Across America to End Gun Violence today announced that Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam has joined the lineup for the nationwide concert’s headliner event at New York’s Beacon Theatre on September 25 – the Congressionally-designated date to remember murder victims. Vedder will take the stage with previously­ announced artists Jackson Browne, Rosanne Cash, Marc Cohn and Vy Higginsen's Gospel Choir of Harlem.

Tickets are on sale at http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005106BA741DB9 and all Ticketmaster locations.

The Beacon Theatre is among 250 venues nationwide where more than 1,000 artists will lend their voices and mobilize to make the country’s epidemic of gun violence a voting issue in the November elections. Spearheaded by Massachusetts-­based Stop Handgun Violence (SHV) partnering with Faiths United to Prevent Gun Violence and dozens of other organizations, the Concert Across America to End Gun Violence will feature performances at a diverse array of venues ranging from churches and school gymnasiums to honky­tonks, theatres and hotel rooftops.

From the Rooftop at the Standard in Los Angeles and Lola’s Trailer Park in Fort Worth, TX, to the Brighton Music Hall in Boston and the Arlington Theatre in Santa Barbara, CA, artists will give voice to the more than five hundred thousand Americans murdered by a firearm since the mass shooting at the University of Texas on Aug. 1, 1966.

“Every day in America over 90 people die and 200 are injured from largely preventable gun violence. It’s time we all take a stand against the epidemic of gun violence and hold our elected officials accountable. This coast-to-coast concert and mobilizing effort will ensure that gun violence prevention is front and center in the November elections and beyond,” SHV Founder John Rosenthal said.

Visit www.ConcertAcrossAmerica.org for more information. #ConcertAcrossAmerica to #EndGunViolence.

About the Concert Across America. This nationwide event will bring together a network of organizations, activists, and artists with the dual goals of keeping guns out of dangerous hands and making the issue of gun violence prevention top of mind for members of Congress, the presidential candidates, and the American people as they go to the polls in November 2016. For more information, visit www.concertacrossamerica.org.

Stop Handgun Violence (SHV) is a Massachusetts­-based non­profit organization committed to the prevention of gun violence through education, public awareness, effective law enforcement, and common­ sense gun laws. SHV has been the lead advocate in Massachusetts for enactment of some of the most effective gun violence prevention laws and of first-in-the-nation consumer protection regulations, which have helped reduce gun deaths in the Commonwealth. The organization does not seek to restrict Constitutional rights but advocates only for common­ sense legislation that will help save lives. For more information, go to www.stophandgunviolence.org.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,954
    I got tix. No clue what to expect with EV.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,954

Also- beats sitting in Central Park all day the day beforehand
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

awesome,,wilbe great show to be
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Also- beats sitting in Central Park all day the day beforehand
    Yep. I'd rather get a couple songs at the Beacon then a couple of songs in the park.

• Options
    i guess both shows will be fun to be!!
This discussion has been closed.