Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    shush. maintain radio silence till official talking points are released by Huma
  • Options
    I think they are gonna go with "its sexist for any man to question a female running for president about her health" route
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    mrussel1 said:

hedonist said:

Holy hell, m. Very glad you made it through all that (as I'm sure your wife is - not sure which is worse, being the dragger or the draggee).

I'm all good! Heredity though.. I've always been thin and in good shape, but I've got bad genes so I just have to watch things a little differently. If you have bad heart genes, be mindful. I do believe, I'm one of the few people that have made it through a Pearl Jam show while having a heart attack. I believe it shows my commitment to the band! And Music Midtown was a great show for a festival!
    Yeah that has to be a first...definitely deserves a shout out at the next concert
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,848

mrussel1 said:

hedonist said:

Holy hell, m. Very glad you made it through all that (as I'm sure your wife is - not sure which is worse, being the dragger or the draggee).

I'm all good! Heredity though.. I've always been thin and in good shape, but I've got bad genes so I just have to watch things a little differently. If you have bad heart genes, be mindful. I do believe, I'm one of the few people that have made it through a Pearl Jam show while having a heart attack. I believe it shows my commitment to the band! And Music Midtown was a great show for a festival!
    Yeah that has to be a first...definitely deserves a shout out at the next concert
    My wife tried. We had third row at Ed's Clearwater show just a few months later and she sent a long ass message to 10C about the whole story without my knowledge. Thankfully they didn't reply. She was trying to get a shout out for sure but I would not have wanted it for that reason.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

tonifig8 said:

Does it strike anyone as odd that her campaign originally stated she had heat exhaustion, but then later came out and said she had been diagnosed with pneumonia on 9/9. Why wouldn't they have just said it from the beginning? The campaign also said she was good to go and that her schedule would not be affected. Late yesterday they suddenly canceled some big time fundraising events in CA.

This doesn't look good on her.
    I also thought that when she walked away from that little girl(outside daughters apartment), it seemed like she just abandon her, there was no affection or goodbyes. She just turned around and left that little girl alone. Usually photo ops candidates try to kiss ass a whole lot... They try to appear like normal/genuine people, but that case it didn't seem that way. Anyone else notice that?

Not trying to make this about conspiracies ....

Doesn't strike me as odd that they wouldn't be up front about pneumonia given the right wing crap that we being thrown around. They likely figured she would power through it and it ended up biting her in the ass.

The Dr said that it was being overheated and dehydrated that led to her not feeling well yesterday. Not sure what the conspiracy would be there.

For not trying to make this about conspiracies you are sure bringing up a lot of odd details.
    yeah she's fine and dandy ! right as the rain......

Godfather.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Get well soon Secretary Clinton. When I first heard about this, I was worried but now I just think how really tough she is. To keep up that schedule with pneumonia at 68 is pretty incredible. She is strength personified. Looking forward to the debates now. Have a great week, everyone. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    Kat said:

Get well soon Secretary Clinton. When I first heard about this, I was worried but now I just think how really tough she is. To keep up that schedule with pneumonia at 68 is pretty incredible. She is strength personified. Looking forward to the debates now. Have a great week, everyone. :)

I don't know about you, Kat, but I'm seriously worried that with Trump involved, the decorum that should be adhered to during such an important event will suffer, and derail. I hope I'm wrong!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Geez, as if the debate moderators won't do everything they can for her. This might just level the playing field.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Geez, as if the debate moderators won't do everything they can for her. This might just level the playing field.

Yeah right...even Clinton's corpse knows where Aleppo is

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    benjs said:

Kat said:

I don't know about you, Kat, but I'm seriously worried that with Trump involved, the decorum that should be adhered to during such an important event will suffer, and derail. I hope I'm wrong!
    Have faith. :) Her experience and training have prepared her for what's to come. Remember the 11 hour testimony? She kept her cool while the circus went on around her. Also, the conventions...remember the differences? :) It's going to be fine...reason will prevail, not inexperience and bigotry.
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

Does it strike anyone as odd that her campaign originally stated she had heat exhaustion, but then later came out and said she had been diagnosed with pneumonia on 9/9. Why wouldn't they have just said it from the beginning? The campaign also said she was good to go and that her schedule would not be affected. Late yesterday they suddenly canceled some big time fundraising events in CA.

This doesn't look good on her.
    I also thought that when she walked away from that little girl(outside daughters apartment), it seemed like she just abandon her, there was no affection or goodbyes. She just turned around and left that little girl alone. Usually photo ops candidates try to kiss ass a whole lot... They try to appear like normal/genuine people, but that case it didn't seem that way. Anyone else notice that?

Not trying to make this about conspiracies ....

Doesn't strike me as odd that they wouldn't be up front about pneumonia given the right wing crap that we being thrown around. They likely figured she would power through it and it ended up biting her in the ass.

The Dr said that it was being overheated and dehydrated that led to her not feeling well yesterday. Not sure what the conspiracy would be there.

For not trying to make this about conspiracies you are sure bringing up a lot of odd details.
    If she began the antibiotics on Friday, it seems to me that the battle of the meds and bugs hit her right during the 9/11 memorial. Very unfortunate timing but the meds won. :)
  • Options
    Kat said:

benjs said:

Kat said:

Have faith. :) Her experience and training have prepared her for what's to come. Remember the 11 hour testimony? She kept her cool while the circus went on around her. Also, the conventions...remember the differences? :) It's going to be fine...reason will prevail, not inexperience and bigotry.
    I agree. Similar to the conventions, when people really draw the contrasts when they are on stage at the debates, the differences will be stark. I'm confident that Trump's lack of grasp on the issues will be evident. I think it's hilarious that Trump is floating today, that there should not be a moderator. Evidently he just wants a free for all of hurling insults. Sad! It would be like watching 8 Mile!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Kat said:

benjs said:

Kat said:

I agree. Similar to the conventions, when people really draw the contrasts when they are on stage at the debates, the differences will be stark. I'm confident that Trump's lack of grasp on the issues will be evident. I think it's hilarious that Trump is floating today, that there should not be a moderator. Evidently he just wants a free for all of hurling insults. Sad! It would be like watching 8 Mile!
    What a ludicrous statement on his part! Not to mention - a debate without a moderator is called a conversation, and were Trump to ask (say, on Twitter) to arrange such an event, I'm not sure she'd say no. Why years of precedence should be abandoned because Trump says so, is beyond me.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/clinton-to-release-more-medical-records-228028?cmpid=sf

Will this even matter? The haters will just say the records are false or manufactured.

• Options
    did huma release the talking points?
  • Options
    rssesq said:

did huma release the talking points?

Are your trying to insult Huma or talking points? I'm sure this is an attempt to insult one of the two..or both.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

benjs said:

pjhawks said:

Biden would obliterate Trump in a debate. I wish Biden was running but understand why he didn't. I will vote for Hillary but I think her supporters who flat out deny the health questions are fooling themselves. It could just be that she is getting old or just getting worn down by the campaign but the last few weeks she has not looked good.
    no she hasn't looked good, and as I've said before judging by her appearance it sure looks like a bad heart or clogged arteries to me
    especially with her loosing energy and getting "heated" and her speech has been affected recently as well, these are all signs of a heart condition I know first hand but I am no doctor and have only seen her on t.v so who knows ?
    if this is the case she would be doing herself a huge favor and take care of it now ! the constant stress and physical activity (yes even walking to your car or into the store is very exhausting when you have heart problems) will get her if she's not careful.

Godfather.

At this point, I agree. I was on vacation with my dad several years back when his ten pound camera bag became unbearably heavy for him, and walking short distances took its toll. He was an idiot and didn't let on how much pain he was in. Two days later when we were back in Toronto, he went to see a cardiologist, who rushed him in for an emergency angioplasty. One of his arteries was 95% blocked - the particular artery is known as the widow maker (for obvious reasons), and he is lucky to be alive. Heart issues are definitely the silent killers, but with the net worth of the Clintons, I have to assume she's being proactive about taking care of her health.
    To contrast this story...
    I had a 24+ hour heart attack when I was 37 years old. It started during the Foo Fighters concert at Music Midtown in 2012 on Friday night. I stood the entire show/festival on Friday night. Thought I had terrible heartburn the whole time. Arrived back at the show and stood about 10th row for Garbage, Ludicrous, Florence and then PJ. I was having a heart attack the whole time but was not wobbly. Flew home the next day and my wife dragged me to hospital where I was diagnosed. Point is, I didn't wobble, didn't sit down or anything. So it can definitely show in exhaustion, but doesn't have to.

Ironically, I also had the other 'diagnosis' identified here. I went back country skiing at altitude (12k+ feet) with walking pneumonia two years earlier. I developed high altitude pulmonary edema (very dangerous) which sent my pulse-ox down to 32. Most people are dead below 40. For that incident, I could NOT walk. I couldn't stay conscious. Point being, none of us has a clue. You can point to any of these incidents and try to diagnose, in vain.

Sure seems like I missed a lot this weekend...Jesus, the # of posts...
    This is a pretty crazy history and certainly glad you're ok. You're absolutely right that nobody on here can make a diagnoses and I am not one who believes this weekend should disqualify Hillary for the Presidency. I do believe strongly though that anybody who sincerely cares about her general health would absolutely insist that she takes some time off and get checked out thoroughly. The "instability" could absolutely be secondary to pneumonia and heat but it could also be related to other things that have yet to be diagnosed and at 69 years old with a history of previous falls, blood clots, etc it needs to be examined. People need to get away from whether this helps Trump etc and focus on what you would do for your parent/loved one in the same situation. My mother is the same age as Hillary and if this happened to her I would insist upon a thorough examination and that she takes some bloody time off. Health comes first and let the electoral chips fall where they may.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2016
    She must have mutated a healing factor like Wolverine :). Wierd though, huh? Lol, not saying I'm a believer, but there are some crazy accusations out there!

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09/12/hillarys-body-double-trends-previously-limp-clinton-spryly-pops-daughters-apartment-389655?utm_source=fed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=09-12-16fed
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    I think one thing we can all safely assume is that HC is getting thorough and comprehensive medical assessment and care. No need to worry about that, people.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

I think one thing we can all safely assume is that HC is getting thorough and comprehensive medical assessment and care. No need to worry about that, people.

Just like an NHL'er who plays through the concussion anyways.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I'm thinking it's like Claude Lemieux cheap shotting Kris Draper into the boards..... Oh wait, he didn't come back.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    BS44325 said:

We can safely assume she's getting thorough and comprehensive medical care. What she chooses to do with their recommendations is her business.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

BS44325 said:

We can safely assume she's getting thorough and comprehensive medical care. What she chooses to do with their recommendations is her business.
    Totally agree but with there being a lot on the line the urge to resist a "take a week off" will be strong. I certainly applaud the want to fight through but you hope that people close to her are giving her proper medical advice. Health first...political future second.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

But doesn't know what (C) means.
  • Options
    unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Here's another angle. To be honest it looks disturbing.

That looks bad. I've never seen overheating treated like that.
    Where have you ever seen overheating treated?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

But doesn't know what (C) means.
    And Trump and his dad know that (C) on rental applications is for "Coloured", and should be ignored - since we're repeating ourselves now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-governments-racial-bias-case-against-donald-trumps-company-and-how-he-fought-it/2016/01/23/fb90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

EV
  • Options
    "coloured" what r u French? lol
  • Options

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Here's another angle. To be honest it looks disturbing.

That looks bad. I've never seen overheating treated like that.
    Where have you ever seen overheating treated?
    He's an MD in Internal Medicine Observation. He keeps his degree right alongside his degrees in Structural Engineering, Material Science and Metallurgy.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    It's hilarious to read the comments on here. Many of you accusing others of not being qualified to give opinions, yet you guys are giving positive diagnoses. Haha...

It's best everyone drop the medical talk- it was a frightening moment and it looked pretty scary. Seeing her head shake like that as she attempted to walk was freaky.

Does anyone think her camp failed at handling the situation? First they said one it was heat exhaustion then they said it was pneumonia. Couldn't they have just been honest from the beginning. They dig themselves in these holes and some of it is starting to become doubtful. They said she was perfectly fine now and would continue as scheduled week, but then late last night they canceled Monday and Tuesday's events.

A lot of you guys are giving your opinions and trying to spin this, but you guys don't know shit. The camp hasn't even been transparent and that video was freaky.

Axelrod hit the nail right on the head

took a shot at Clinton on Twitter earlier Monday. Axelrod suggested Clinton has an "unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited September 2016
    I didn't think it was scary. She looked like any person who became unsteady on her feet.
    I fainted once, just out of pure fear. I bet anything I looked a lot more fucked up and scary than Hillary when I did it. I hit the ground like a brick and it just got worse from there, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.