Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    Free said:

unsung said:

Free said:

Already mentioned but here's the link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hillary-clinton-left-9-11-service-feeling-overheated-article-1.2787381

First silence. Then "felt overheated" but "feeling much better." Now pneumonia.

Oh, then after she reappeared from her daughters house she was out hugging children, while suffering from "pneumonia".

No, really.
    Not contagious
    It is contagious. And she left Chelsea's apt. And hugged a child. Really smart.
    Pneumonia isn't always contagious.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1069.aspx?CategoryID=69

Also,

"After starting a course of antibiotics, the length of time you remain infectious can vary. However, you are usually no longer infectious 24 hours after starting antibiotics."
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    man if that was Trump......you guy's would be all up in the conspiracy theories'

Godfather.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166

man if that was Trump......you guy's would be all up in the conspiracy theories'

Godfather.

Not likely. Trump has enough crap on him as is....unfortunately the press is more focused on Clinton right now.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    Biden would obliterate Trump in a debate. I wish Biden was running but understand why he didn't. I will vote for Hillary but I think her supporters who flat out deny the health questions are fooling themselves. It could just be that she is getting old or just getting worn down by the campaign but the last few weeks she has not looked good.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Does it strike anyone as odd that her campaign originally stated she had heat exhaustion, but then later came out and said she had been diagnosed with pneumonia on 9/9. Why wouldn't they have just said it from the beginning? The campaign also said she was good to go and that her schedule would not be affected. Late yesterday they suddenly canceled some big time fundraising events in CA.

This doesn't look good on her.
    I also thought that when she walked away from that little girl(outside daughters apartment), it seemed like she just abandon her, there was no affection or goodbyes. She just turned around and left that little girl alone. Usually photo ops candidates try to kiss ass a whole lot... They try to appear like normal/genuine people, but that case it didn't seem that way. Anyone else notice that?

Not trying to make this about conspiracies ....
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Does it strike anyone as odd that her campaign originally stated she had heat exhaustion, but then later came out and said she had been diagnosed with pneumonia on 9/9. Why wouldn't they have just said it from the beginning? The campaign also said she was good to go and that her schedule would not be affected. Late yesterday they suddenly canceled some big time fundraising events in CA.

I also thought that when she walked away from that little girl(outside daughters apartment), it seemed like she just abandon her, there was no affection or goodbyes. She just turned around and left that little girl alone. Usually photo ops candidates try to kiss ass a whole lot... They try to appear like normal/genuine people, but that case it didn't seem that way. Anyone else notice that?

Doesn't strike me as odd that they wouldn't be up front about pneumonia given the right wing crap that we being thrown around. They likely figured she would power through it and it ended up biting her in the ass.

The Dr said that it was being overheated and dehydrated that led to her not feeling well yesterday. Not sure what the conspiracy would be there.

For not trying to make this about conspiracies you are sure bringing up a lot of odd details.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

Doesn't strike me as odd that they wouldn't be up front about pneumonia given the right wing crap that we being thrown around. They likely figured she would power through it and it ended up biting her in the ass.

The Dr said that it was being overheated and dehydrated that led to her not feeling well yesterday. Not sure what the conspiracy would be there.

For not trying to make this about conspiracies you are sure bringing up a lot of odd details.
    What are odd details? I made an observation. So you're saying that they handled it the way they did to avoid being attacked by the right? Do you think they handled it, right? Because the video was frightening and their responses each step of the way was poor because now they made it a bigger deal to people. Now her health really is a legitimate issue. They said heat related, weather was fine 82 degrees 30% humidity, then they said she was sick and diagnosed a few days ago. Then they said they wouldn't be any changes to her schedule, but they already canceled Monday/Tuesday's events.

For being a former Bernie supporter you sure do seem to get offended very easily.
  • Options

• Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

What are odd details? I made an observation. So you're saying that they handled it the way they did to avoid being attacked by the right? Do you think they handled it, right? Because the video was frightening and their responses each step of the way was poor because now they made it a bigger deal to people. Now her health really is a legitimate issue. They said heat related, weather was fine 82 degrees 30% humidity, then they said she was sick and diagnosed a few days ago. Then they said they wouldn't be any changes to her schedule, but they already canceled Monday/Tuesday's events.

For being a former Bernie supporter you sure do seem to get offended very easily.
    I'm not offended. I'm just tired of dealing with ignorance.

82 degrees, with pneumonia, in a suit, surrounded by many people (the pictures look like they were packed in pretty tight).

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

tonifig8 said:

Lots of lies to keep straight.
  • Options
    unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Lots of lies to keep straight.
    Thanks for your opinion Mr. Sunshine.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    pjhawks said:

Biden would obliterate Trump in a debate. I wish Biden was running but understand why he didn't. I will vote for Hillary but I think her supporters who flat out deny the health questions are fooling themselves. It could just be that she is getting old or just getting worn down by the campaign but the last few weeks she has not looked good.
    no she hasn't looked good, and as I've said before judging by her appearance it sure looks like a bad heart or clogged arteries to me
    especially with her loosing energy and getting "heated" and her speech has been affected recently as well, these are all signs of a heart condition I know first hand but I am no doctor and have only seen her on t.v so who knows ?
    if this is the case she would be doing herself a huge favor and take care of it now ! the constant stress and physical activity (yes even walking to your car or into the store is very exhausting when you have heart problems) will get her if she's not careful.

Godfather.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Multiple versions of her health status by her own people is a continuation of the lack of transparency in the Clinton legacy. Who knows if it is even pneumonia based on the track record?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

Multiple versions of her health status by her own people is a continuation of the lack of transparency in the Clinton legacy. Who knows if it is even pneumonia based on the track record?

Granted I haven't seen too much of this, but I did find the allergies / pneumonia thing odd. Overheating after either? Not so far-fetched.
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

I'm not offended. I'm just tired of dealing with ignorance.

82 degrees, with pneumonia, in a suit, surrounded by many people (the pictures look like they were packed in pretty tight).

That's not really my point and I'm not really sure how I'm demonstrating ignorance.

The Clinton camp failed to inform the public, which is now legitimately fueling the health issue. they could have handled it better, right? Health is a legitimate issue, right?

They said nothing would be canceled, today and tomorrow , however plans are now canceled. They could have came out right away with the truth, been upfront with it, but instead they now have themselves a little mess. Is this not true? The whole time they were trying to spin the situation in different directions. Not sure what's so hard about simply being honest about things.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Because it's contagious.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Jason P said:

You have to wonder.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    The only way they stand a chance in November is to have her bow out gracefully and have Kaine take over. He seems to be a likeable guy and there's still plenty of time for him to be established as the primary candidate.
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

The only way they stand a chance in November is to have her bow out gracefully and have Kaine take over. He seems to be a likeable guy and there's still plenty of time for him to be established as the primary candidate.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#now

• Options
    http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/hillary-clinton-s-wobbly-incident-classic-walking-pneumonia-n646516
    Hillary Clinton's wobbly incident Sunday is a near-textbook case of what can happen with "walking pneumonia" — patients don't feel great, but they're not sick enough to stay home in bed or to be hospitalized.

Clinton caused daylong speculation when she left a Sept. 11 memorial service in New York on Sunday morning and was seen being helped into an SUV, none too steady on her feet.

It turns out it was pneumonia and dehydration, said Dr. Lisa Bardack, who examined her at her home in Chappaqua.

People often feel well enough to go about their business, especially once they start taking antibiotics. And once they've been taking antibiotics for a day or so, they are unlikely to infect anyone else.

But the infection can take a toll, making patients prone to getting tired and dehydrated. And since people often don't realize they have an infection, they can go for days or weeks before they seek treatment — all time for the infection to wear them out even more.
    Here's one for you keyboard doctors

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130

pjhawks said:

no she hasn't looked good, and as I've said before judging by her appearance it sure looks like a bad heart or clogged arteries to me
    especially with her loosing energy and getting "heated" and her speech has been affected recently as well, these are all signs of a heart condition I know first hand but I am no doctor and have only seen her on t.v so who knows ?
    if this is the case she would be doing herself a huge favor and take care of it now ! the constant stress and physical activity (yes even walking to your car or into the store is very exhausting when you have heart problems) will get her if she's not careful.

Godfather.

"it looks like clogged arteries"? I'd like to know how this presents itself so the naked eye can see it.

by a non-physician.

on tv, no less.

who knows what her health really is. it's just absolutely absurd that people think they know. either way. people get sick all the time. especially people who have the schedule and stress that these two have.

I can't imagine that either party would have admitted to a condition as potentially serious as pneumonia. they obviously try to keep these things as close to the chest as possible so people don't go apeshit saying the candidate is going to die and aren't physically fit to hold office. same nonsense with John McCain. but with this it backfired. seeing your candidate faint and be carried into a car is not good for business.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

At this point, I agree. I was on vacation with my dad several years back when his ten pound camera bag became unbearably heavy for him, and walking short distances took its toll. He was an idiot and didn't let on how much pain he was in. Two days later when we were back in Toronto, he went to see a cardiologist, who rushed him in for an emergency angioplasty. One of his arteries was 95% blocked - the particular artery is known as the widow maker (for obvious reasons), and he is lucky to be alive. Heart issues are definitely the silent killers, but with the net worth of the Clintons, I have to assume she's being proactive about taking care of her health.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    The base was told to stay off the interwebs and s.media concerning this latest episode. I can see they are obeying 'round here.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    benjs said:

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

At this point, I agree. I was on vacation with my dad several years back when his ten pound camera bag became unbearably heavy for him, and walking short distances took its toll. He was an idiot and didn't let on how much pain he was in. Two days later when we were back in Toronto, he went to see a cardiologist, who rushed him in for an emergency angioplasty. One of his arteries was 95% blocked - the particular artery is known as the widow maker (for obvious reasons), and he is lucky to be alive. Heart issues are definitely the silent killers, but with the net worth of the Clintons, I have to assume she's being proactive about taking care of her health.
    To contrast this story...
    I had a 24+ hour heart attack when I was 37 years old. It started during the Foo Fighters concert at Music Midtown in 2012 on Friday night. I stood the entire show/festival on Friday night. Thought I had terrible heartburn the whole time. Arrived back at the show and stood about 10th row for Garbage, Ludicrous, Florence and then PJ. I was having a heart attack the whole time but was not wobbly. Flew home the next day and my wife dragged me to hospital where I was diagnosed. Point is, I didn't wobble, didn't sit down or anything. So it can definitely show in exhaustion, but doesn't have to.

Ironically, I also had the other 'diagnosis' identified here. I went back country skiing at altitude (12k+ feet) with walking pneumonia two years earlier. I developed high altitude pulmonary edema (very dangerous) which sent my pulse-ox down to 32. Most people are dead below 40. For that incident, I could NOT walk. I couldn't stay conscious. Point being, none of us has a clue. You can point to any of these incidents and try to diagnose, in vain.

Sure seems like I missed a lot this weekend...Jesus, the # of posts...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Holy hell, m. Very glad you made it through all that (as I'm sure your wife is - not sure which is worse, being the dragger or the draggee).
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    You do realize that trend is not favorable for Clinton right?
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

You do realize that trend is not favorable for Clinton right?
    No I don't realize that at all.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    hedonist said:

Holy hell, m. Very glad you made it through all that (as I'm sure your wife is - not sure which is worse, being the dragger or the draggee).

I'm all good! Heredity though.. I've always been thin and in good shape, but I've got bad genes so I just have to watch things a little differently. If you have bad heart genes, be mindful. I do believe, I'm one of the few people that have made it through a Pearl Jam show while having a heart attack. I believe it shows my commitment to the band! And Music Midtown was a great show for a festival!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

hedonist said:

I'm all good! Heredity though.. I've always been thin and in good shape, but I've got bad genes so I just have to watch things a little differently. If you have bad heart genes, be mindful. I do believe, I'm one of the few people that have made it through a Pearl Jam show while having a heart attack. I believe it shows my commitment to the band! And Music Midtown was a great show for a festival!
    Only a Pearl Jam fan would make this comment! Classic. Seconding what's been said here - glad you made it through all of this and are still here to contribute in such meaningful ways!

EV
This discussion has been closed.